Register

Lei Shi

Exalted

Lei Shi

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:38 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Lei Shi encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Re: Lei Shi

Postby woogs » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:16 pm

It seems like the timing between her abilities is sort of random? I would pop berserk just after she came out of a Hide, and 2 or 3 seconds later she would spawn adds. :|

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:29 pm

She practically always summons adds just after Hide, so don't do that! Otherwise, yeah, there is definitely some randomness to it. Best thing was when we popped Heroism and a moment later she went to Hide (cue collective groaning on Mumble) :D
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby Ampzilla » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:27 pm

Adds spawn a set number of times during the fight. I believe it is every 20%, so time your cooldowns around/away from that imo.

Postby Yriss » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:48 pm

Ampzilla wrote:Adds spawn a set number of times during the fight. I believe it is every 20%, so time your cooldowns around/away from that imo.

adds pop at 80/60/40/20% yes, but if there is a get away for exemple, they pop only after get away stop

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:23 pm

Thrash damage over time effect cannot be applied to the boss while she is hidden, so it's much better to use swipe for Hides.

Postby Kallapryy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:47 pm

A raid with Goblin dragon guns can work wonders during hide.

Postby Soulhawk » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:12 am

Thrash damage over time effect cannot be applied to the boss while she is hidden

you're wrong.
The damage over time effect ticks on the hidden boss but ends as soon as she returns.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2gj6d3ryolyz8xqh/details/145/?s=5073&e=5444

Honored

Postby kaiadam » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:47 pm

Once we find out where she is, I use hurricane to knock her out of hide. Not only does it keep my energy up for the actual dps parts but it contributes over 4x as much to breaking her out of hide since it's the number of hits that determine when she stops hiding, not damage.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Soulhawk wrote:
Thrash damage over time effect cannot be applied to the boss while she is hidden

you're wrong.
The damage over time effect ticks on the hidden boss but ends as soon as she returns.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2gj6d3ryolyz8xqh/details/145/?s=5073&e=5444

It would help if you could provide an expression editor query that demonstrates how you came to that conclusion. Linking to a log of the fight does basically nothing in terms of providing proof for something thing like this, if I wanted a log where someone tried to apply Thrash to the boss while she was hidden I could've gotten one easily (my own).

This was the clearest expression editor query I was able to come up with: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2gj6d ... %22Hide%22

While SPELL_AURA_APPLIED does trigger on the boss when you Thrash her during Hide, SPELL_PERIODIC_DAMAGE, SPELL_AURA_REFRESH, and SPELL_AURA_REMOVED never triggered while she's hidden so you don't know at what point the Thrash is actually removed from the boss nor if it's actually doing any damage.

kaiadam wrote:Once we find out where she is, I use hurricane to knock her out of hide. Not only does it keep my energy up for the actual dps parts but it contributes over 4x as much to breaking her out of hide since it's the number of hits that determine when she stops hiding, not damage.

How does your mana sustain the cost throughout the fight? I can't imagine LotP returns enough mana to support casting 5+ hurricanes throughout the fight. Oh, and props to the guy that brought up Goblin Dragon Guns, they're pretty legit ;)

Postby Soulhawk » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:16 am

It would help if you could provide an expression editor query that demonstrates how you came to that conclusion. Linking to a log of the fight does basically nothing in terms of providing proof for something thing like this, if I wanted a log where someone tried to apply Thrash to the boss while she was hidden I could've gotten one easily (my own).

This was the clearest expression editor query I was able to come up with: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2gj6d ... %22Hide%22

While SPELL_AURA_APPLIED does trigger on the boss when you Thrash her during Hide, SPELL_PERIODIC_DAMAGE, SPELL_AURA_REFRESH, and SPELL_AURA_REMOVED never triggered while she's hidden so you don't know at what point the Thrash is actually removed from the boss nor if it's actually doing any damage.

As far as i know the link ive postetd shows only dmg on hidden Lei Shi.I'm sorry if I was wrong.
I´m not so good in the evaluation of Logs but i´ve tested it in lfr as well. I only use trash one time in the hiding phase and dot effect is definitely ticking according to the damage numbers of the blizz ui.

edit:
Now I'm unsettled. I try the same again before I completely embarrass myself here.
I'll try to fraps it but my hardware is not the best.

/done cast trash one time tick 3 times.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:49 am

Hmm, alright. I have no idea how the combat log works on invisible targets but that's good enough for me.

Honored

Postby kaiadam » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:03 pm

I never really paid attention to my mana while casting hurricane, it just never seemed to be an issue. Looking at wowhead tooltips, you just need around 40 seconds of dps to recoup the mana for one hurricane and you start off with enough mana to cast two, so yeah, if you're casting 5 hurricanes a fight you just need like 120 sec of dps uptime which doesn't sound like that much of a challenge.

Return to Boss Archives