Register

Kitties on Raidbots?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Kitties on Raidbots?

Postby Mandragaran » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:19 pm

I don't understand this guys, but the last time I looked at Raidbots (yesterday), feral dps was near the bottom in performance. Crit Chickens were third. Rogues were first (forget spec and Raidbots is down atm), and UH DKs were second.

WTF? I'm not nearly as good as ranking players, not to mention ya'll, but I rarely have any dps beat me, let alone most.

What's up?

Honored

Re: Kitties on Raidbots?

Postby Mandragaran » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:42 am

Oops - I just saw there there is already a thread on this. Sorry.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:07 am

Yeah, I mean when you look at all those sites, you have to remember those are being compared to the top recorded stuff out there. I mean, I'll almost never lose out to any DPS in my guild as well (except fights with crappy mechanics for kitties like Argolath in BH and Ascendant Council), and we run with like 2 Spriests (yes they were there before Spriest all of a sudden becae cool) and a Lock usually, which should still be higher in theory than myself if played by competent players (not saying they aren't but who knows why). Gearing and stuff goes a long way into this as well.

So yeah...whereas someone might be a top dpser within a guild, as a whole feral dps loses out to quite a few classes.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:42 am

Argaloth isn't really a good example of this, since you can just move in front of him 1sec before the meteor slash, then go behind again and continue shredding :p

Honored

Postby Arctagon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:10 am

Don't forget that we scale poorly with gear. At lower gear levels we easily beat other classes and specs, assuming equal gear and skills and on a generally unbiased fight. At a certain point gearwise they will surpass us because they scale a lot better than we do.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Mihir wrote:Argaloth isn't really a good example of this, since you can just move in front of him 1sec before the meteor slash, then go behind again and continue shredding :p

I dunno, my guild forces me to stay in front and mangle during the whole time leading up to the slash, just like on Maloriak during the red phase. For that matter they also force me to stack on the tank all the time with the dragon duo also...so eh, I guess it depends on what your guild tells you to do as well.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:38 pm

myeah.. i guess being an officer has its benefits :>

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:15 am

Guess I'm dusting off my DK. I'm pretty bummed about Yawning quitting and Alaron considering quitting ...

I guess posting the fact that I need a competent guild for my Cat on a Cat forum not so bright, eh? Guess I won't :P

Postby track_01 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:20 pm

shinryu wrote:
Mihir wrote:Argaloth isn't really a good example of this, since you can just move in front of him 1sec before the meteor slash, then go behind again and continue shredding :p

I dunno, my guild forces me to stay in front and mangle during the whole time leading up to the slash, just like on Maloriak during the red phase. For that matter they also force me to stack on the tank all the time with the dragon duo also...so eh, I guess it depends on what your guild tells you to do as well.

tell him thats nonesense and it doesnt matter if one more person gets one extra slash. argaloths damage is pretty low.
anyways, last argaloth i did 20.3k dps. dunno if i compare it with others thats pretty low. everyone does more damage than me and my damage distribution pretty much changed alot
its 30.7% shred, 26.2% rip, 20.2% melee, 15.7% rake, 4.0% fury swipes.

i mean if shreds that high again i can assume that hit rating is quite needed. am i right?

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:25 pm

track_01 wrote:
shinryu wrote:

tell him thats nonesense and it doesnt matter if one more person gets one extra slash. argaloths damage is pretty low.
anyways, last argaloth i did 20.3k dps. dunno if i compare it with others thats pretty low. everyone does more damage than me and my damage distribution pretty much changed alot
its 30.7% shred, 26.2% rip, 20.2% melee, 15.7% rake, 4.0% fury swipes.

i mean if shreds that high again i can assume that hit rating is quite needed. am i right?

If your shred is that high i have to ask what was your rip/rake uptime?
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby track_01 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:26 pm

almost 100% rip / rake ofcourse

edit: thats my gear btw http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... %AE/simple

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:38 pm

I've been told to be a mangle bot on those fights, too.

I ignore the request. Nobody notices... If I die, I might catch some grief. But I suspect I have a healer secretly saving my arse on occasion.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:16 pm

Mand, if you blow off the stacking and always run behind, you'll never take damage, it's the group you leave that'll take more. :)

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:03 am

Alaron wrote:Mand, if you blow off the stacking and always run behind, you'll never take damage, it's the group you leave that'll take more. :)

Lol. I'm usually not that selfish. If I raided with people who knew other classes well enough not to ask "dude, wtf, you were third in dps on that fight!?" Then I would comply. They have it coming!

Return to Kitty DPS