Register

Leafkiller's 4.1 Feral Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Bonedruid » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:29 pm

Leafkiller wrote:
Bonedruid wrote:I tried replacing the outdated script I had been using with Leafkiller's tonight, however after replacing my old script I get no boxes in or out of combat with or without target. I have reinstalled ovale and double checked to make sure it is set to display but still no boxes. Any suggestions on further settings to check or something I may be doing wrong?


How about listing the settings you are using for configuring Ovale? I have had no issues with display boxes (other than when I put in broken scripts - but I do test that before posting updates here).



Figured out what I did wrong (rather lame but missed the # sign on the first comment)

Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:48 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Evil » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:38 am

@Leaf:

Also tryed the new script with both trinkets - works nice. Great work. Keep it up dude.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:54 pm

I just posted version 1.2.5.1. The only change is in the Berserk code (when you have the suggest Berserk option turned on). It was not differentiating for when TF was present, and as a result would recommend Berserk outside of TF with too high an energy level (it was not accounting for the max energy level being 100 vs. 120 and was tuned for 120). I also tightened and slightly changed the energy levels for when to Berserk based on some Mew testing with both Glyph of TF and Glyph of Berserk.

BTW - using this rotation on fights where you want to Berserk on cooldown, Glyph of TF continues to test out in Mew as better than Glyph of Berserk.

This version of the script should be pretty stable - I don't have any other changes planned at this time.

Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:29 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby syntax » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Leafkiller wrote:BTW - using this rotation on fights where you want to Berserk on cooldown, Glyph of TF continues to test out in Mew as better than Glyph of Berserk.

How much better? Just curious. I recently swapped to the berserk glyph just to try it out and it does "feel" better.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:31 pm

With my current profile in Mew, using my sim script (the up to date one is posted in the second post of this thead) I get the following numbers:

Glyph of TF
Rotation with no mid-encounter Ravage: 22654
Rotation with mid-encounter Ravage, 0 travel time: 23639
Rotation with min-encounter Ravage, 2 seconds travel time: 23133
Rotation with Mob Cast Interval 20, Mob cast time 2.5, no mid-encounter Ravage: 21899

Glyph of Berserk
Rotation with no mid-encounter Ravage: 22580
Rotation with mid-encounter Ravage, 0 travel time: 23425
Rotation with min-encounter Ravage, 2 seconds travel time: 23009
Rotation with Mob Cast Interval 20, Mob cast time 2.5, no mid-encounter Ravage: 21854

The numbers for my profile are significant enough to keep me using glyph of TF unless there is a specific high damage burn phase to time Berserk to.

Honored
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Jeshu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:41 pm

I have a minor suggestion to improve Leafkiller's Ovale script for hybrid ferals. The Blood in the Water talent is a convenient place to steal points from if one is looking to build a hybrid feral spec. In the sections of the script that refresh Rip by doing Ferocious Bite below 25% health, it's possible to check for whether Blood in the Water is fully talented as part of the conditions for Ferocious Bite. The Ovale documentation says that it's possible to check for the talent identifier by executing:
Code: Select all
/script print(Ovale.talentNameToId["Blood in the Water"])
The result I get from that is 8341. The modified FB section then would look like:
Code: Select all
# Two conditions for FB during Blood of the Water phase
if TalentPoints(8341 more 1) and ComboPoints(more 0) and TargetDebuffExpires(RIP 2.1 mine=1) and TargetLifePercent(less 25) and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP mine=1) {
    Spell(FEROCIOUSBITE)
}     
# Add in FB code for end of fight - only do this is Rip buff is present
if TalentPoints(8341 more 1) and ComboPoints(more 4) and TargetLifePercent(less 25) and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP mine=1) {
    Spell(FEROCIOUSBITE)
}
The check inserted above is that there is more than 1 point in Blood in the Water, meaning it's fully talented, otherwise the script might allow Rip to fall off without being immediately refreshed.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:25 pm

I will look into checking for Blood in the Water.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:01 pm

The tough part is finding a place to test this change.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Ok version 1.2.6.1 is posted with Jeshu's improvement - it looks for 2 points in BiTW as a condition for the FB refreshes of Rip.

I tested this on a pally tank in my guild - with no weapon equipped and having him heal himself to stay around 20%. It looks like it is working. If anyone has any issues with it, let me know.

I did think about trying to refresh with less than 5 combo points and 1 point in the skill, but then I figured it might be better to simply build more combo points at that point. The logic could get pretty complex - and is something I would want to run through mew before including it in the Ovale script. The change I made is in keeping with the script's assumptions, that you would have 2 points in BiTW in a cat spec (now also working for bear/hybrid specs with 0 points) so sim work is not required.

Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:05 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Orbu » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:12 am

FWIW, the Ovale BuffGain() function code was fixed in a recent (alpha?) release tonight so the manual fix should no longer be needed:

Code: Select all
------------------------------------------------------------------------
r359 | sidoine | 2011-03-04 23:09:47 +0000 (Fri, 04 Mar 2011) | 3 lines
Changed paths:
   M /trunk/Condition.lua
   M /trunk/defaut/Chaman.lua
   M /trunk/defaut/Chasseur.lua

added timeWithHaste function
fixes in shaman script
fixes in bm hunter script
------------------------------------------------------------------------
r358 | sidoine | 2011-03-04 20:57:36 +0000 (Fri, 04 Mar 2011) | 1 line
Changed paths:
   M /trunk/Condition.lua

added CreatureFamily function
------------------------------------------------------------------------
r357 | sidoine | 2011-03-04 20:35:12 +0000 (Fri, 04 Mar 2011) | 4 lines
Changed paths:
   M /trunk/Condition.lua
   M /trunk/Ovale.toc

- added Distance condition
- added maxHealth and MaxHealth conditions
- fixed BuffGain condition


(all the way down, last change in r357)

Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby rebbel » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:24 pm

Anyone else getting errors with the newest script?
Last edited by rebbel on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby rebbel » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:36 pm

I just updated to the version released today and it works fine.

But I am seeing some oddities with the icons in Ovale, per the screenshot attached. Specifically the left two boxes. I assume they are supposed to be TF and Berserk, with the left icon changing to Charge when in range.
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-03-05 at 11.44.15 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-03-05 at 11.44.15 AM.png (34.74 KiB) Viewed 1485 times

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:50 pm

rebbel wrote:I just updated to the version released today and it works fine.

But I am seeing some oddities with the icons in Ovale, per the screenshot attached. Specifically the left two boxes. I assume they are supposed to be TF and Berserk, with the left icon changing to Charge when in range.


What you are seeing is correct - although it is something worth discussing. The leftmost box in your picture is strictly for Feral Charge (no TF), and the next box is Berserk.

Currently in the FC box, it will show you the FC icon when, FC is off of cooldown and you are in range to FC. Then there are a set of conditions that when met, will display the Dash texture up to 2 seconds before FC comes off of cooldown.

The Berserk box will show the white polar bear texture with a cooldown for Berserk and will show the Berserk icon itself when it is an appropriate time to cast it (although the logic does not match the newer logic I have for Berserk which is more accurate on TF energy levels).

The feedback on the feral charge code has been pretty positive, but I am not sure what people think of the Berserk code. The intent was to be able to tell not only when it was castable but also when it was a "good time" to cast it.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:53 pm

Looks like there are quite a few changes in the latest Ovale, including more updates to the default scripts. I will check out the alpha version when I have a chance and also see what the default script looks like also.

Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby rebbel » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Leafkiller wrote:
rebbel wrote:I just updated to the version released today and it works fine.

But I am seeing some oddities with the icons in Ovale, per the screenshot attached. Specifically the left two boxes. I assume they are supposed to be TF and Berserk, with the left icon changing to Charge when in range.


What you are seeing is correct - although it is something worth discussing. The leftmost box in your picture is strictly for Feral Charge (no TF), and the next box is Berserk.


Ah ok. I must have mis-read the code.

Currently in the FC box, it will show you the FC icon when, FC is off of cooldown and you are in range to FC. Then there are a set of conditions that when met, will display the Dash texture up to 2 seconds before FC comes off of cooldown.

The Berserk box will show the white polar bear texture with a cooldown for Berserk and will show the Berserk icon itself when it is an appropriate time to cast it (although the logic does not match the newer logic I have for Berserk which is more accurate on TF energy levels).

The feedback on the feral charge code has been pretty positive, but I am not sure what people think of the Berserk code. The intent was to be able to tell not only when it was castable but also when it was a "good time" to cast it.


I guess what confused me was why use the Bear and that other icon at all. I was just expecting to see Berserk and Dash/FC.

It would be nice to have a box for TF, along with the other "Show Right Cooldown Boxes" which work well for SR and Rip.

Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:13 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby mineko » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:51 pm

I've been away from feral for a little bit and just came back. Was it found to be a dps increase to run out to Feral Charge and Ravage every cooldown? Does the clock icon (I think it's a clock) indicate that Feral Charge is off cooldown but it's not the optimal time to run out, or should I run out and FC when I see that?

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:26 pm

rebbel wrote:It would be nice to have a box for TF, along with the other "Show Right Cooldown Boxes" which work well for SR and Rip.


Each of the right cooldown boxes can be configured to show what you want to see with a dropdown menu. You can put TF into one or both of them.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:41 pm

mineko wrote:I've been away from feral for a little bit and just came back. Was it found to be a dps increase to run out to Feral Charge and Ravage every cooldown? Does the clock icon (I think it's a clock) indicate that Feral Charge is off cooldown but it's not the optimal time to run out, or should I run out and FC when I see that?


If you want to run out, do so when you see the dash icon. Sim testing suggests that perfectly executed it is a dps up if your total travel time is 3 or fewer seconds. The Ovale script is suggesting you run out about 2 seconds before feral charge comes off of cooldown in order to maximize the frequency of doing the FC/Ravage sequence (allowing for human reaction it is actually a smaller number).

I don't know how many people are actually doing this. Mostly I use this on fights with zero travel time since it shows the FC icon when it is possible to cast it (off of cooldown and at the proper range). From a fight perspective here are my thoughts on FC:

Magmaw - no path.
Omnitron - you use FC to move between the mobs rather than to run out.
Maloriak - I have not tried it on this fight but it might be viable.
Atramedes - FC is very dangerous on this fight.
Chimaeron - 0 distance FC supported - I use it on cooldown unless I am collapsed for feud.
Nefarian - I have been tanking this so I am not sure what is possible.

Halfus - I always get no path available when I try to FC - maybe others have found a path.
Valiona & Theralion - 0 distance FC supported - I use it on cooldown.
Twilight Ascendant Council - lots of movement so there are natural times to FC. I like to run out on Ignacious when he charges off and use it then.
Cho'gall - 0 distance FC supported - I use it on cooldown.
I have no idea what is possible on Sinestra.

Summing that up - you might run out and FC back on cooldown for Maloriak. His hitbox is pretty small so it should be a dps gain.

Revered
Posts: 457
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby shinryu » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:57 pm

It works well enough on Maloriak (at least it does in 10man, not sure how cramped it could get in 25), you can opt to run in/out as normal (though avoid doing so on the red phase if you're told to stack) and can use it to leap back onto him after killing adds during the green.

For Atramedes, I definitely agree this is probably more dangerous than needed, unless you're a risk taker like me. He has a huge hit box (like within melee range), so if you can time your jump so it's right after his 3 sound circle things in p1, it works well (make sure they're clearly out from under him though, and don't try leaping over one with FC as that does give you sound). Of course for the air phase it's worthless, not to mention even if you could use it you'd be stuck ringing gongs likely anyways due to dash/better movement speed.

Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:29 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby syntax » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:05 pm

I don't bother running out any any fights really. I mainly only run out and back on trash when I need something to do. On atramedes I use it to get back in after an air phase.

Revered
User avatar
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:24 pm
Location: Moonglade

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Sylvaneart » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:09 pm

Leafkiller wrote:
mineko wrote:I've been away from feral for a little bit and just came back. Was it found to be a dps increase to run out to Feral Charge and Ravage every cooldown? Does the clock icon (I think it's a clock) indicate that Feral Charge is off cooldown but it's not the optimal time to run out, or should I run out and FC when I see that?


If you want to run out, do so when you see the dash icon. Sim testing suggests that perfectly executed it is a dps up if your total travel time is 3 or fewer seconds. The Ovale script is suggesting you run out about 2 seconds before feral charge comes off of cooldown in order to maximize the frequency of doing the FC/Ravage sequence (allowing for human reaction it is actually a smaller number).

I don't know how many people are actually doing this. Mostly I use this on fights with zero travel time since it shows the FC icon when it is possible to cast it (off of cooldown and at the proper range). From a fight perspective here are my thoughts on FC:

Magmaw - no path.
Omnitron - you use FC to move between the mobs rather than to run out.
Maloriak - I have not tried it on this fight but it might be viable.
Atramedes - FC is very dangerous on this fight.
Chimaeron - 0 distance FC supported - I use it on cooldown unless I am collapsed for feud.
Nefarian - I have been tanking this so I am not sure what is possible.

Halfus - I always get no path available when I try to FC - maybe others have found a path.
Valiona & Theralion - 0 distance FC supported - I use it on cooldown.
Twilight Ascendant Council - lots of movement so there are natural times to FC. I like to run out on Ignacious when he charges off and use it then.
Cho'gall - 0 distance FC supported - I use it on cooldown.
I have no idea what is possible on Sinestra.

Summing that up - you might run out and FC back on cooldown for Maloriak. His hitbox is pretty small so it should be a dps gain.



Sinestra is a front facing fight only. You can FC adds but not her. Winds bosses I get no path and Alikazam (I know thats not his name) also
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1539
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:22 pm

Leafkiller wrote:Nefarian - I have been tanking this so I am not sure what is possible.

Halfus - I always get no path available when I try to FC - maybe others have found a path.


Nefarian and Ony can be FC'd on cooldown. It should be known that FC'ing during a tail swipe will stun you so you will need to watch the timer.

Halfus can not be charged but any of the drakes can. You can use this when avoiding fireballs charge and add and hit halfus with the ravage (providing of course you are not charged with killing that add).

Conclave can all be charged and its great to use as a distance closer when you have to change platforms.

Al'Akir can't be Cat Feral charged, but can be Bear Feral Charged. This likely has to do with helping out tanks.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:26 pm

I meant to say something about the Throne of the Four Winds...

I can FC Rohash - and do so at the start of the fight. It is risky to do so when the tornadoes are up though. I have also used FC on Nezir but usually I am only going there after Rohash is dead. I am guessing it is possible to FC Anshal, but the only time I am on Anshal's platform is if I am going bear.

I thought it was possible to FC Al'akir in phase 1 if you were behind him. I have only killed him on 10 man and since we started raiding 25 consistently, we have not been back to play with him for awhile. I will defer to Tinderhoof on this one.

Mid-post edit since Tinderhoof responded - I have had failures on Halfus at the start of the fight charging a Drake - so it may have to do with the topology of the platform. The drake was near the whelp cage and I was between the two passageways.

Revered
User avatar
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:24 pm
Location: Moonglade

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Sylvaneart » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Really Tinder. My charge on conclave always fails.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1539
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:34 pm

Sylvaneart wrote:Really Tinder. My charge on conclave always fails.


I went back to check one of our old logs for conclave heroic attemts (I have been tanking the last few weeks).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-l ... etails/21/

I was going back and forth between Rohash and Nezir and I would always FC Nezir to get back to him faster.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dagzter and 1 guest