Register

Upgrade question

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Upgrade question

Postby lamchopp » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Hey guys!

I'm debating whether to upgrade my trinket or weapon using 1500 valor points. I've compared the two and it comes down to the trinket giving the most agility gain but the weapon giving slightly less agility but a decent increase in weapon dps which leads me to my next question.

Does weapon dps affect feral druids and how? Afaik our direct dmg abilities are based on weapon dmg but our bleeds are only buffed by agility and our secondary stats. I've run a sim on my character and it shows wdps as quite a bit ahead of agility; something like wdps: 5.2, agi: 3.84. I'm also not even sure if our abilities are based off of wdps because the tooltip says "x% dmg" while some other classes say "x% of weapon dmg."

Here's my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... o/advanced

Exalted

Re: Upgrade question

Postby Stenhaldi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:32 pm

The weapon upgrade is about 4 times better in raw power. The only potential issue is that the weapon is more easily replaced.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:49 am

Yes, weapon dps is one of the most important factors for our dps, which is why it's far more beneficial to upgrade your weapon.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:33 am

Weapon upgrade will definitively be the strongest choice for spending your VP in DPS, however you may want to consider waiting until you get a weapon you plan on holding on to for a while (Normal Gao-rei, for most people, since the only thing better is Heroic Gao-rei).

Postby Frozzenfire » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:27 pm

i allready upgraded my weapon, would it be best to upgrade Relic of Xuen, since thats really the trinket slot thats gonna take the most time to get a hc terror.

since my guild have killed elegon hc so at somepoint i should be able to get hc bottle.

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:34 pm

It's not a bad choice. I think you end up with roughly 300 more agi from the static # and the proc. I upgraded my tier gloves for that extra hit too. Helps me get out of some haste other places. It's a real good idea if your guild doesn't progress (like mine >.<) to upgrade that relic of xuen :D

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Relic of Xuen is a good choice. Gloves are not the best choice. Once you get past weapons and trinkets you should focus on gear pieces that have higher stat budgets (helm, chest, legs) since the upgrade cost is fixed per gear piece independent of the stat budget. Of course there is a point where you may choose to save the valor points until you get better gear...

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:44 pm

heh yeah...I had (still have) LFR tier pants, and at the time had a blue helm, now luckily I have the emporer's LFR helm! Neither piece worth my VP. Although I crafted myself a 396 chest, looks BiS until heroic elegon/tier chest, which for my group seems to be the very distant future.

Now I've got rep so I can buy some 396 from shieldwall, so upgrades will go on the back burner. But I agree, my hands were the best option at the time when I had 3k valor to spend on upgrades.

Return to Kitty DPS