Register

Lets talk HASTE

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Lets talk HASTE

Postby octechx » Tue May 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Now I know what alot of you newer druids are thinking. WTF is haste doing in a druids setup. Its simple Omen of clarity. As we increase our attacks per minute were essentially increasing our chance for omen to proc. I run right now around 15%, I didn't want to lose out on my hit rating and/or arp so this is a decent number. Expect to be around 7-10% till you start really gearing up. But once you pass 10k ap and 1k Arp this becomes a very tasty stat.

Go go gadget discuss.

Re: Lets talk HASTE

Postby Purecadence » Wed May 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Haste is a very nice stat. Basically it becomes a the primary secondary stat once we hit certain caps.

Once you become quiet geared and other stats are in the high deminishing area or they are at there caps. Haste then becomes a better stat to stack.

At the moment the crit cap is 75%, armor pen cap is 100% (1402 armor pen). This means once your crit capped reached agi isnt that great of a stat as the crit it gives isnt effective. Pretty much at this same time you'll hit the crit cap as well. Once this happens haste becomes your most effective stat along side strength (yes strength, as agi doesnt give the crit and only 1.6ap, str will come out on top with its 2ap).

As for omen procs, haste doesnt seem to effect the OoC procs at all. I have found my omen procs very random and having most haste isnt helping it. I did some testing of this a while back, i tested it with a speed pot and heroism (Thats a 0.38 attack speed). It didnt make a difference. I would have to check but OoC used to have a ICD as well. No idea if thats the case anymore.

The biggest bonus from haste tho is the increased auto attack speed. Our biggest amount of our damage is auto attack majority of the time. Once your in the high amounts of armor pen they are hitting alot higher as well, having this pumping out quicker is a big push in our dps.

Postby Chetai » Thu May 13, 2010 9:00 am

It's also important to remember to be as close to hit and expertise cap also so that you remove any misses. dodges, and glancing blows off the tables. Expertise is still of a little higher value, but once you are very close, your auto attack dps is in a nice place.

Depending on your gear set, you may also be able to remove points from Primal Precsion to somewhere else because you are really far over cap. I had this happen when I was wearing Ikfrus's Sack of Wonder. It allowed for a more defensive build, while at the same time keeping dps as high as possible.

Postby octechx » Thu May 13, 2010 9:06 am

Ok well perhaps I was wrong. I didn't think ooc had an icd. Based on that I would think the following. If 6% of my ooc procs are based on my attacks-think I read this somwhere- then the more attacks per min the higher proc rate of omen. Though small this could potentially proc many extra times over the course of 3 hours raiding.unless there is a icd.Can anyone confirm the icd time?

Question: Is it possible to hit the crit cap,hit cap and arp cap at the same
time?

Btw sorry for grammer I'm posting on my phone

Postby Chetai » Thu May 13, 2010 9:15 am

Yes, it is possible, at high gear levels. We are talking close to full 277, and gemming some hit and expertise. I am only a few pieces away from this point right now. Marrowgar and Saurfang are being very stubborn with their drops..lol. One thing that really helps is BS/JC professions. It isn't required, but it does really help lower the gear level a bit to reach this point.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Thu May 13, 2010 3:14 pm

My understanding is that OoC is a PPM mechanic, so extra haste will cause more procs. I can't say it with authority, but I've seen more OOC procs on my parses (using Herkuml) than the other feral in our raid (who has DBW)

Postby Chetai » Thu May 13, 2010 11:44 pm

There is a small ICD on it, but yes, with more haste you will have more procs due to a higher melee attack speed. I have had strings of OoC procs that are just ridiculous, but then not get another for 45 seconds. RNG is RNG.

Raid buffed my attack speed is around .70, .65 if we have an enhance shaman. I really need to stop one night and look with Hero/BL with a haste pot.

Postby octechx » Tue May 18, 2010 6:33 pm

I don't think there is a ICD, i had 3 overwrite themselves in a row last night in toc.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Wed May 19, 2010 2:32 pm

I believe there is a small ICD, actually, but it only takes effect once you use it (so the free Shred or whatever can't proc another OOC).

Postby octechx » Thu May 20, 2010 12:28 am

well if there is its less than the gcd.

Return to Kitty DPS