Register

Some DPS Questions on SR/ Rip Priorities

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Some DPS Questions on SR/ Rip Priorities

Postby ellorien » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:28 am

I was wondering:

1. Is it more preferable to use cp on rips/ FBs, and just use SR on 0 cp?
2. Following the first question, sometimes Savage Roar drops off when I'm at 2 or 3 cp. Rather than put it up right away, I keep going to 5 and put Rip back up, or use the full CP on an FB, then use SR on 0 cp. Is it a bigger dps loss to do these with no SR up, or to have Rip not up for an extended period of time because I used my cp on putting SR up first?

Exalted

Re: Some DPS Questions on SR/ Rip Priorities

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:10 am

1. Actually, it is preferable to use SR with 5 combo points, and no matter what to keep it running regardless of how many combo points you have available.
2. What you are doing is a significant dps loss. Keeping SR up 100% of the time is the priority. If you do have the change to refresh Rip before it expires without having SR fall off, then by all means do so, but if SR is going to fall off before Rip, you should refresh SR.

Honored

Postby ellorien » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:13 am

Thank you! Because of the 0 cp glyph I had gotten it into my head that it's a waste to use CP on SR since I could be putting it into Rip/ FB. Shall adjust my rotation, thanks!

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:44 am

ellorien wrote:Thank you! Because of the 0 cp glyph I had gotten it into my head that it's a waste to use CP on SR since I could be putting it into Rip/ FB. Shall adjust my rotation, thanks!

The glyph is a utility for cold mob swaps (ie. on the pull or during add changes), specifically when time is critical (either from boss mechanics or potion/buff uptime). It is a significant energy loss to spam SR at 0 CP.

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 am

Just to eleaborate on the above points, it is because you are using 25 energy every 12 sec. Otherwise you spend 25 energy every ~40sec (not sure of actual time off top of my head!). And, with SotF you get refunded energy, so it really only costs you 5 energy for a 5 CP SR.

Personally if it falls off and both bleeds are up, and i have 4 CP, I'll shred to get that last CP before I SR. I'm hoping the extra 4 energy refund + the extra 6 sec of the buff over an entire fight negates the 30% extra damage on my 1 shred.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:37 pm

5 energy every 42 seconds or 25 energy every 12 seconds.... I'm sure you can see why that would be a DPS loss :D

Honored

Postby ellorien » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:10 am

I see, that certainly makes sense, thanks.

Return to Kitty DPS