Register

Low DPS for gear i have, Please Help

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Low DPS for gear i have, Please Help

Postby kumineko » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi everyone. My character is Badkittie http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Badkittie/advanced and i keep spiking to 60k but averaging out to 55k DPS. But i think i could do much better with the gear i have. I am already using Ovale with Leafkiller script.

Here is the WoL for the LFR of MSV i did a few minutes ago.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b8ioikz5whkfuamn/

I dont know if going by noxxic.com theory craft about what dps as a feral kitty should be is a good example. And i already lost my raid spot to the guild i applied to just because i couldnt be at the top the dps meters. But this is something that is very important to me. And i really want to excel at it.

Thank you in advance for any help i can get. :)

- Kumineko

Honored

Re: Low DPS for gear i have, Please Help

Postby Instaqueues » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Read through the threads and get an idea of stat priority, build, etc. It's helped me tremendously over the past couple weeks as I've been re-learning feral!

Postby Smoketreez » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:06 am

Looking at your logs for Gara'jal and your up-times are rather low.

Savage Roar: 87.3% - Should be 99-100%
Rake: 96.0% - Good, but Rake should never have a higher up-time than Savage Roar
Rip: 64.6% - Very low
Thrash: 0% - You should be Thrashing on Omen of Clarity procs as long as they don't interfere with your Rip/Savage Roar up-times

You should really work on your Savage Roar and Rip up-times as well as using Thrash on Omen of Clarity procs.

Postby kumineko » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Thanks for the replies. Thanks for pointing out where i seem to be lacking. I will practice more on having a more balanced up time on SR , Rip and add trash. Btw i was trying out the DoC spec and i dont know if it is for me. Since i have to watch for more stuff with the change, you know. I guess i can practice it a bit more and see.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:01 pm

What is hard vs. easy is really fight dependent, and also dependent on how your key bindings are setup.

For example, I have HT and NS+HT setup on extra mouse keys and I do all my movement with my mouse. On most fights this works great and allows me to be very quick to hit my HTs and keep DoC rolling. However, on Imperial Vizier Zor'lok, when running in circles to avoid Attenuation, trying to hit my extra mouse button messes with my running and puts me at risk. I might swap to NV for that fight or find a different place for the NS/HT keys (I avoid HotW on this fight because of mind control + HotW + bear form).

You need to be able to play all three specs depending on the needs of the fight and the needs of your raid team.

Postby kumineko » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:06 pm

I had to switch to pressing NS and HT separately because the macro wasn't working for me. Many times it kept just getting me out of form to do a HT when i was using macro'ed. Plus its something more to get used to since i didn't notice the dps increase. I think that my spamming buttons makes me miss out in refreshing Rip, Rake and SR respectively.

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 am

#shotooltip Nature's Swiftness
/run SetCVar("autoUnshift",0)
/use Nature's Swiftness
/run SetCVar("autoUnshift",1)

#showtooltip Healing Touch
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,nodead] [target=focus,exists,nodead]; Healing Touch

Try out these macros...it will make sure you never come out of cat form to cast. If it's not available in cat form, you just won't cast it! I had the exact same problem.

Postby Vaporgriffin » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:16 pm

Instaqueues wrote:#shotooltip Nature's Swiftness
/use Nature's Swiftness

#showtooltip Healing Touch
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,nodead] [target=focus,exists,nodead]; Healing Touch

I can confirm that this works extremely well, and exactly the way I want it to. Interesting (and slightly aggravating) that you have to dig down into the macro code to know about changing the autoUnshift variable. For more casual, non-coder types like me, I would never find that without the help of the brilliant minds here.

Insta- do you really need to use the autoUnshift toggle on your Nature's Swiftness cast? I don't think that one would ever pop you out of form, right? So really, you should just need that around the Healing Touch portion.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Vaporgriffin wrote:Insta- do you really need to use the autoUnshift toggle on your Nature's Swiftness cast? I don't think that one would ever pop you out of form, right? So really, you should just need that around the Healing Touch portion.

No, correct, yes.

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:24 pm

You're right :D I am lazy and just copied the macro over for both spells. You would only need the autoUnshift on your heal spell.

Postby kumineko » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Omg thank you for those macro they are awesome they work :D

Now to get used to DoC and i think i need a bit more gear on my other druid to be better. i might just probably make a different post here for that other druid and just see what feedback i can get for it.

To keep things separate.

But i think i am sucking in spirit binder normal .

Postby kumineko » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Ok here is an World of logs from an MSV i did last night.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4fz6j2m9kg1ihjcd/

My DPS has definitely improved but I dont think i am exactly there yet. Maybe if i can find a way to make something to tell when i have clear cast so i can do thrash more maybe. Because right now i am just focusing on Ovale and Feral kitty script. I also have Need to know for my bleeds , thus maybe i can add thrash to that.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:08 pm

kumineko wrote:Ok here is an World of logs from an MSV i did last night.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4fz6j2m9kg1ihjcd/

My DPS has definitely improved but I dont think i am exactly there yet. Maybe if i can find a way to make something to tell when i have clear cast so i can do thrash more maybe. Because right now i am just focusing on Ovale and Feral kitty script. I also have Need to know for my bleeds , thus maybe i can add thrash to that.

You should check out Droodfocus. It has very cool handling for clearcast procs. Even with that, you will likely miss a fair number of clear casts since the timing is unpredictable.

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:03 am

I use a combination of DroodFocus & BadKitty, both have alerts for clear casting. Blizzard UI also has the 'vines' that pop up for clear casts, although now they're reddish and VERY hard to see >.<

Honored

Postby Elamari » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:40 am

Blizzard UI also has the 'vines' that pop up for clear casts, although now they're reddish and VERY hard to see >.<

I saw them for the 1st time the other day. Very, very disappointed. I think Tinderhoof mentioned that they changed on the most recent Team waffle cast. The reddish / brownish colour is the wrong contrast for them to stand out, which is their entire point.
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Postby kumineko » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi all
First of all Happy New Year.

Character name: Badkittie
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Badkittie/advanced

Really I feel like i am failing at this at kitty dps. The Night before I went to a try-out and i didn't do so great at it. Here is the log from last night:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f12r7mu35kyzgd8l/

Today I went to LFR Heart of Fear to see if i had improved in anything. Since i had gotten a helm from Galleon and some pieces from raid last night. And while this looks somewhat good, I think i am missing something. Here is a current log for today in Heart of Fear LFR first part:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dn8g68z9i6hct6a6/

So what i really would like to ask help on is to see if someone could help me go through everything from gear to reforging and rotation. And help me discard what is working and pinpoint what I am doing incorrectly.

Thank you,

Kumi

Honored

Postby kaiadam » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:12 pm

Gear - reforging, gemming, enchants look fine. If you have any valor points, toss 'em into your relic of xuen.

General rotation -

1.) Use cooldowns when they come up. Ex: Tiger's fury 11 and 13 times out of a possible 17/19 times on Elegon/Will. Same with Berserk.
2.) You're not using DoC to its potential. In fact, I'd say you're using it roughly to one third of it's potential. You're expending more effort with DoC and doing less damage than HoTW passively adds. I'd swap for it.
3.) Your rake and rip uptimes seem very low. I generally see that you have those debuffs up roughly 60-70% of the amount you should.
4.) Make sure weakened armor is always up on your target if possible. As a feral druid, it should be your primary responsibility.
5.) Savage roar needs to be up 100% or as close to it as possible.

Addons will help with these issues. Have powerauras/weakauras that fill your screen with a CLICK ME action when berserk/tiger's fury is up or when weakened armor is down. Don't try to be smart about delaying using them until the right time, in 99.9% of situations, you lose dps by overthinking that way.

Fight specifics:

You reset your debuff like 15 times on Elegon, five or so during normal phases. Don't do that. You have cooldowns to keep you alive for when stacks are high. I generally don't reset until 20+ stacks in heroic mode in the first phase, only after I get like 15ish during second. Healers are there for a reason - count on them to keep you alive but be smart about it and use defensive cooldowns appropriately.

Thrash energy charges when they spawn. You hit 4 targets. Try to rake at least 2 as well. This allows you to maximize damage at the cost of single target (but is an overall gain). This only works in 25m.

Learn the emperor's dance. Chain queue LFR if needed, but you need to be able to execute it without fail. 5 opportunistic strikes in a 9 min fight is not very good.

Use heart of the wild for Tsulong. Impress your raid when you can equal your healers' healing on the boss.
Last edited by kaiadam on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bethany » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:14 pm

edit: ^ as above, i got beaten

At a glance at your logs, for Imperial Vizier Zor'lok LFR you're not getting enough use fom DoC - you gained the benefit 18 times compared to your 31 finishers and 4 NS.

Same with your raid - for example on Elegon you gained DoC buff 9 times out of a possible 29 times.

Your SR uptime is frightfully low on Elegon, at 61.8%, getting this up is your main priority as you're losing 25% effectiveness on everything you do without it up.
You could use TF a lot more, over 8 1/2 minutes you could get around 16-17 out, but you only used it 11 times. Rip uptime is quite low too.

Have you tried using NV or HotW to give you a bit more of a simpler rotation? Once you're comfortable with keeping up SR and your bleeds you could try DoC again to see if there's any improvement.

Postby kumineko » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:30 am

Thank you for both thorough responses. I have a couple of questions:
How does HOTW or NV work into the rotation? Because i have a very vague idea on it. Also should i change to renewal too?

Honored

Postby kaiadam » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:27 am

HoTW doesn't involve itself in the rotation. It's just a passive 6% damage increase. If you see a bunch of adds though, feel free to pop it and hurricane (I actually have hotw/hurricane macroed, it is off the gcd.)

As for NV - macro it into berserk.

Postby kumineko » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Hey I have noticed that if i use Ask Mr Robot to do PVE Spec of Agility-Mastery-Exp=Hit-Crit-Haste

And my gear at the time doesnt have enough to fill both hit and expertise cap. It will suggest to reforge me into what it can for mastery get me soft cap of expertise and leave me at 3.34% hit. So my question is this wise or should i still try for getting the hit and expertise cap first and then worry about mastery?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Ya you should attempt to get hit exp capped. If you are in a mix of dugeon blues and some starting Raid pieces you may not be able to reach them. It's ok if you are close with out reaching, but being capped is still best.

Postby kumineko » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:24 am

Ok so tonight based on everyone advice that i took in . Granted that i still need to work on my up time with Rake / Rip but my Savage Roar is a bit better.

I had a superb MSV raid with Elegon doing 138k according to recount and doing 77k or so on Emperor Will with 9 oportunity strikes :).

Here is the world of logs for tonight :

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-259d9vbj2elhpsmv/

I think i improved a whole lot. Its been my best raid up to date :D

I also got 2 upgrades tonight the 489 Bottle of infinite stars which i upgraded to 497, And the 503 elite Legguards of Failing Purification.

My problem is this Since i currently have my 4 set bonus, upgrading to the pants above would make me lose my 4 set bonus. So my question is if it is worth it lose it? Or should i just keep my 4 set bonus?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:12 am

You probably want to hang on to your 4p. Do your best to get whatever token you need to get to use those 503 legs.

Postby kumineko » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Should i try to upgrade the 496 pieces i have to 504 , i could sure benefit from having close to 80% mastery. Right now i dont have anything to spend valor on .

Next

Return to Kitty DPS