Register

Amber Shaper Un'sok and you

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Amber Shaper Un'sok and you

Postby lamchopp » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:32 am

Hey guys!

I'm wondering what it is that puts so feral druids at the top of dps for parses given for Amber Shaper Un'sok. Afaik and from my own exp (having only done up to p2) of Amber Shaper the constant target swapping between the boss/mced/globs this hurts our dps since druids aren't that great with "cleaving" unless they're grouped up for swipe.

I'd appreciate any tips on how to improve my deeps for this fight. I plan to symbiosis the warlock in my group for soul swap and swipe when I see 3 or more targets close together (assuming priority is on one of those mobs) but other than that I'm a little baffled as to how fdruids are performing so well.

Here are the statistics to what I'm referring to: http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Amber-Sh ... 0/default/

Exalted

Re: Amber Shaper Un'sok and you

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:01 am

When you are possesed you do massive damage. That is what they are using to get so high. Also they arn't target swapping.

Postby lamchopp » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:27 am

I realize that you do more dmg being possessed but other dps specs are also getting possessed and since dpsbots pulls parses from World of Logs and assuming the sample size is large enough, there's still be some distinguishing factor that says "Ok this is what feral druids are doing differently than other classes."

As for not switching targets, I've purposely selected the sample size to include every single log as opposed to the top 100 or the x percentile, so that that includes people who are not necessarily just padding meters. At least to my understanding, as a dps you should be killing adds, then possessed and then boss unless it's the case where all/most feral druids who logged aren't target swapping that much.

Postby Nuvos » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:16 pm

Maybe if we're being transformed with sr up then it effect it?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:17 pm

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Amber-Shaper ... 0/default/ vs http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Amber-Shaper ... 0/default/

The data distribution you're talking about only happens in 10m so I would go with it's just some funny sample bias.

Also, I would like to add that "target swapping" as feral will always be a personal DPS gain with proper timing and CP management, if you're never touching the tanks during P1 then you're not going to be able to do as much potential DPS as somebody who is.

Return to Kitty DPS