Register

simple gear question

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

simple gear question

Postby threeeyedcat » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:13 pm

i cant see the forest through the trees...
i have a pair of murder's gloves [496 crafted] and tier gloves [normal 496]. i keep trying to weigh which is better. Since as of now, i would bet that sha only drops gold and i haven't been lucky with tokens. This will give me my first set bonus. Do you think getting the 2piece set bonus is good enough to replace the murder's gloves... since i feel that the murder's gloves are better stat wise[gem and everything]. thanks for any advice.

Murderer's gloves
Eternal Blossom Grips

Exalted

Re: simple gear question

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:36 pm

I believe all of the 496 agi glove options are better then the tier golves (which are pretty bad). The issue is that set bonus. What is your other off piece? How soon do you think you are going to get to 4p? The reason I ask is the 2p isn't really amazing. It will likely make up for the agility loss, but it is a stepping stone to 4p (which is much better).

Postby threeeyedcat » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:04 pm

The other T14 piece is the legs. I almost got the shoulders last night... .84 epgp under the next person. So the next piece should be shoulders or helm. Might be a week or two for 4 piece. We have a rogue, druid, and mage in our group. 4 on the same token. Plus a monk...so agi gear is in high demand too.

Yeah the set bonus is very lackluster. I was looking at the rogues 2 piece... that seems so much better than ours. sigh. oh well. I am thinking murders gloves until 4 piece.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:15 pm

Well our offset piece for this tier is Pants. The 502 pant off of heroic Guardians is fairly easy to get. The even better 503 legs drop off of the Protectors of the Endless normal when done as Elite (very easy). I would hold on to your gloves for now till you can get your hands on another piece that will be better then what you have now (hopefully shoulders). Good luck!

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:18 pm

Also I feel your pain about tier/agi access.
In my raid:
3 DK's
2 Rogues
2 Hunters
1 Mage (was 2 just a few days ago)
1 Windwalker
1 Boomkin
1 Tree
Me
Our Shamans and Warriors are already working on their off spec tier sets as our Vanq drops are very lacking.

Postby threeeyedcat » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:03 pm

lol thanks!

wow you have quite the line to your gear. =D We make jokes in our raids.. it has been all cloth and plate. They are working on second and third sets. And the roll gods have not been to forth coming with me. I seem to have a consistent weekly 90 gold income. Thanks for the heads up on the legs on Protectors Elite. We have done that. But it has been cloth and caster daggers abound. [trying to get my hands on one of those for hotw]

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Gear is horrible in our raid! It's been 80% mail drops it seems. Our Enhance shaman had a full enhance & Ele set, and his ele set was better than anybody's main spec, and we had an ele shaman in the group too!!!

Since then, those 2 have switched to tank on other characters, but their shamans are still more geared than most of the raid, despite not being played for 3 weeks and 5 weeks.

Postby Ampzilla » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:20 am

Sorry to hijack the thread but to continue the question about when to switch over to 4-piece:

I have helm/shoulder 496 tier pieces and am currently using the 496 gloves from Garalon ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=86176 ) and then the 502 heroic versions of the pants ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=87013 ) and chest ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=87058 ) from MSV. I just recently got the 496 glove tier token and the 496 tier pants have been sitting in the bank every since I got the 502 pants. Is it worth replacing both the 496 gloves from garalon and the 502 pants from MSV just to get the 4 piece? I'm hesitant since the gloves seem like such a downgrade..

Should I wait for the Vanq chest token and replace the 502 chest? If I do that I'd still have to give up either the 502 pants or the better itemized 496 gloves.

I guess the TLDR is exactly how good is the 4-piece?

Return to Kitty DPS