Register

starting brawler's guild

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

starting brawler's guild

Postby threeeyedcat » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:40 pm

How is feral doing in brawler's guild? [surprised no one has mentioned them on the forums yet]

I just started. The first levels are cake. Then work happened. Cant beat that boss. =D Was wondering what people were up to. Strats? Specs? I imagine it will get very tight later on.

I was thinking of switching spec to an INC+HotW combo. Not sure about this. Trying for some burst.. and some range or healing in a pinch. Also +6% stats are nice.

oh weird random question... can you shift to travel form in the arena? i haven't tried yet. I imagine it's a flat no.

Exalted

Re: starting brawler's guild

Postby aggixx » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Haven't tried it yet (not rushing to see a finite amount of content that's not going anywhere) but I imagine Inc+NV will tend to be the best on most encounters.

Postby Kihrawr » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:01 pm

I am currently Rank 8 in the Brawler's Guild on my druid alt. I got to rank 8 with a 479 ilvl, although I did have a VP-upgraded 497 ilvl weapon.

For the most part I've been going with a Nature's Vigil + Incarnation combo. The reason for this is that these 3min CDs are obviously more potent in an arena with 2min enrages.

Postby threeeyedcat » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:41 pm

@aggixx - i was kinda on the same page. "I'm not spending a lot of money for this" ... "not going to camp those mobs". SO short story, I was bored last night after raid, thought i would do the new dailies. Killing one of those big ogre duders... and muerta spawns right on me. I kill her. blue honor.. purple pvp trinket.. and INVITE! so it was fate. i was chosen to do this. :shock: it is my density.

INC is a must on this. I will wrap NV in. HotW just seemed cool.. since 6% .. and i watched some balance and shadow priest heal through some parts on encounters. Thought it would be wise to pop this and heal [besides rolling PS+HT]. not sure. i dont have much experience at this.

Any tips?

Postby Kihrawr » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:03 pm

I'm happy to give tips. Is there a particular fight that you're having trouble with?

Honored

Postby Terias » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:11 pm

Got to rank 8 with only one encounter giving me issues up to the final four.

Dark Summoner was very difficult for feral before the hotfix (couldn't keep up with ghost spawns and keep myself alive at the same time) - they hotfixed it to be slightly easier and I beat it after 2 more attempts.

I've had a lot fun with the Brawlers guild overall, I think everyone should give it a try.

Make sure you're using the brawler pots, and prepot every fight.

If you have any problems with a specific fight just ask here and I'll give you a rundown on how to beat it, many of the fights have tricks you can use that make them much easier.

I used doc + sotf for all of the fights and had no issues on enrages or survival unless I failed to a mechanic. On a lot of fights with high damage output mobs, I found the doc healing bonus to be valuable, so if you can sacrifice a bit of overall damage/burst for doc (and can manage the rotation and the mechanics of fights) it might be worth using if you find you can't keep yourself alive.

The final 4 fights are a bit different than the others in that they have pretty hard gear checks for the enrages on top of their difficult mechanics.

The eye is probably the easiest to beat, I popped cd's and aoe'd down the smaller eyes, then just danced around while doing the standard feral rotation until it died, I still had time to spare and I messed up a few times on top of that.

Have yet to beat the other three, but here's what I have so far:

For all of these fights raid buffs help a lot, if you can find a mastery/ap/symbiosis (shaman), it helps out a lot.

On millhouse you simply cannot beat him at all if you do not get amazing luck on crystal spawns. Getting a split crystal spawn as your first spawn will guarantee you won't have the stacks required to get 100 early. I recommend wiping and resetting quickly if you don't get a good combo of crystals that stack you to 100 immediately by letting you absorb from two at once. After you are at 100, pop all of your cd's with a pot, after this, try to take down the extra totems without leaving melee range (moonfire or bear ff). I've yet to beat this fight (no good crystal spawns), but even with perfect luck it's a difficult kill.

For Disruptron, get levitate. Yeah you can waste time jumping the lasers and dodging the balls, but you're probably better off just getting levitate. I've hit enrage without levitate several times, but in that last phase you really need as few distractions as possible. Get levitate and it lets you just walk over the lasers and you can focus on dodging the balls. As for the rest of the fight, you have to sit on the boss (because you're melee), so just keep your screen focused on the cannon with the arrow above it, when the arrow disappears keep your eye on all of the cannons - a new one will be chosen and start shooting immediately. Disruptron himself will occasionally do an aoe stun, this isn't interruptable conventionally, but you can stun it and he will not try to recast for a while (about 30 seconds) - you can interrupt the next one with typhoon also. At 30% or so, every single cannon turns on and you'll be thankful you had levitate (unless you get hit by something and lose it). Not much else to say, I haven't parked my priest out there to put lev on me every fight yet, so I haven't been able to beat the enrage (the one time I did have it I made it to the last phase, but the enrage seems difficult to beat even when you manage to dodge everything).

Epicus is the simplest, I've gotten him to 5% without a mastery or ap buff; I should have him next time I bring buffs out there. He's just your standard burn while dodging shit. Make sure you watch hit casts, he casts an interruptable spell that will kill you immediately after every laser. Also a difficult enrage to beat without a lot of gear.

Postby Kihrawr » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Pretty much agree with everything Terias posted about the bosses.

Regarding the choice of talents, if your ilvl is high enough, it won't matter at all what you pick until rank 8. Once you're at 485+ ilvl (with a good weapon), any talent choice works up to rank 8.

The difference between Incarnation+Nature's Vigil and DoC/SotF isn't huge but the former definitely sims higher for a 2min fight. Keep in mind also that on many of the fights you can't Shred. Incarnation is allowing you to replace Mangle with Ravage and not just Shred with Ravage, and so the damage delta is even larger than what you'll see just looking at SimC results that don't take that into account.

There are also specific fights where the additional burst becomes even more potent, e.g., Millhouse. Basically Inc+NV can help compensate for gear deficiencies somewhat, e.g., it let me beat Battletron despite my alt having a very low ilvl at the time.

One tip I'll add is that there are some bosses that work very well in bear form. GG Engineering is a fight that works great as a bear tank. The DPS requirement is non-existent on the fight, since the idea is to make the bosses damage each other. I did it on my pally tank doing only 18k DPS. Another good fight for bear is the leper gnomes. You can cleave them down quite easily as bear in your DPS gear and still beat enrage.

Another tip is that you can glyph Might of Ursoc. You can already only use it once, so changing its CD from 3 min to 5 min is fine and makes the heal from it more potent.

Postby threeeyedcat » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:31 pm

these are great. i am going to go work on it. [leaving work now]. I might have more specific questions later on.

Postby Rîp » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:45 am

I'm having a lot of trouble with Leper gnome quintet, Its most probably because most of my gear is pvp! Any help with a strat and talents would be greatly appreciated! :D

Postby kuriara » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:59 am

Leper gnome quintet, my strat was inc+nv spec, full buffs from a group that usually forms up, might and battleshout/horn are a huge differnce on some of the fights. Anyway, opener, stealth up and be on there spawn point, savage roar, pounce, faerie fire, burst macro, coupling incarnation, nature's vigil, beserk, beserking(troll), brawlers agi pot, and any on use, for me engi so gloves...rake, ravage spam to 5, rip, thrash, swipe and refresh savage roar, swipe spam till the dps cds are gone, barkskin, ursoc, frenzy, thrash, and kite via speed boost-stamp roar etc, to drop the stacking debuff, at low stacks its ignorable, but it can build up fast, then you have to single target them down. having natures swift for a heal, use natures grasp to root one off you so your not getting that stack, typhoon if necessary.

wall of text crits for 1million....

Honored

Postby Terias » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:52 am

Just want to add you don't need incarnation for leper gnomes, feel free to use sotf for them, as you won't really be popping ravage while you're aoeing them down.

Honored

Postby ellorien » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:53 pm

Rîp wrote:I'm having a lot of trouble with Leper gnome quintet, Its most probably because most of my gear is pvp! Any help with a strat and talents would be greatly appreciated! :D

They also don't hit for the same amount of damage. I believe it's Greasy (?) who hits the hardest, and there's 2 more that hit for medium damage: Sleazy and uh, Wheezy (can't remember their silly names), and the last 2 hit for nothing. I found it worked best for me to focus them down one by one (keeping thrash up), rather than AOEing them down together as meant I'd have all 5 beating on me the whole time. Was using SOTF + NV + Brawler's agi pot.

Postby mangle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:27 pm

Hey, I've made some videos of finishing 31/32 fights of the Brawler's guild (Still missing Disruptron). You can check out the playlist here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHouYOCk ... OycEO7aHvS
http://www.youtube.com/user/Phawkes

I'm missing 4(Bruce, Dominika, Yikkan, Zen'shar) from forgetting to turn on Fraps, but I'm doing it on my Horde druid over the next week to finish off those ones.

I over-gear most of them, but Rank 7 & 8 I can't really ignore anymore mechanics.

Postby Rîp » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:42 am

Thanks so much for the info guys! got them little bastards down on the second attempt with the help and a little bit more gear :D

Now im stuck on yikkan izu..... I suck!

Postby Kihrawr » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:14 pm

mangle wrote:Hey, I've made some videos of finishing 31/32 fights of the Brawler's guild (Still missing Disruptron). You can check out the playlist here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHouYOCk ... OycEO7aHvS
http://www.youtube.com/user/Phawkes

I'm missing 4(Bruce, Dominika, Yikkan, Zen'shar) from forgetting to turn on Fraps, but I'm doing it on my Horde druid over the next week to finish off those ones.

I over-gear most of them, but Rank 7 & 8 I can't really ignore anymore mechanics.

Hey, Mangle, what unit frames are you using? I like how they look. Also, what is that add-on that is showing you all your timers (the squares just above NugComboBar)?

Postby mangle » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Kihrawr wrote:Hey, Mangle, what unit frames are you using? I like how they look. Also, what is that add-on that is showing you all your timers (the squares just above NugComboBar)?

I'm using Shadowed Unit Frames (SUF) that I've stripped of most of the non-essentials(only show my debuffs/relevant boss debuffs) and that addon is DroodFocus :) ( viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1580 & http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/droodfocus )

Honored

Postby ellorien » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:24 pm

I am having trouble with the Dark Summoner.

My stats:
485 ilevel
Buffs: MOTW, flask, 250 stat food
DoC: Specced into DoC for the extra healing, which works nicely to counteract the Summoner's hits.
SoTF: Tried Incarnation for a bit, but felt pretty energy-starved during Berserk when spamming Ravage, and went back to SoTF.
Typhoon + Vortex: Apparently Summoner is immune to Bash.

I lose a lot of DPS time on the boss when the ghosts are summoned from different directions and rapidly approaching me, and my spotlight can't hit them all in one go since they're north, east, west, etc. I have to get off the boss to dance around trying to get them all simultaneously into the spotlight, and in the meantime he summons even more!

Would love tips!

Honored

Postby kaiadam » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm a bit behind the curve here, as I got an invite only last week, but I figure since there was nothing else to do I'd make a little guide for any ferals attempting brawler's guild.

I was ilvl 504 for most of the fights on my main, so I outgeared it a fair bit, but I also ran the place with 4 other characters ranging down in ilvl all the way to 470 including another feral so I shouldn't be that much out of the loop.

Spec:

Tier 1 - Feline swiftness. Wild charge was almost never useful.
Tier 2 - Renewal will generally give higher healing per fight without other cds popped, but nature's swiftness will heal for more under hotw.
Tier 3 - Typhoon. Nothing else is really useful.
Tier 4 - Soul of the Forest. Highest dps talent this tier.
Tier 5 - Ursol's vortex (to abuse rip bug), or bash if you won't bother.
Tier 6 - debateable. I think NV and DoC are within spitting distance of each other dps-wise, but NV is obviously easier to pull off and probably supplies more healing during intense phases, so generally go with that. HoTW is still useful for even higher healing and for an especially annoying rank 8 fight. With HoTW popped, it's active for most of the fight (especially the earlier ones) and basically triples predatory strikes -> healing touch.

Gear:

I'd say you'd need around ilvl 440 to proceed to rank 4. Maybe ~ilvl 460-470 to get to rank 7. ilvl 470-480 to beat rank 7, and 490+ for rank 8. This is assuming near perfect play, so add ilvls to account for imperfections (I know I needed them, heh.)

-------
Onto the fights.

Rank 1:

Bruce - Dps him, get behind when he chomps. No sweat.
Vian - Dps him, interrupt if you can, avoid fire.
Goredome - Make sure to move out of the red circles. It's actually a decently fast cast.
Vishas - the only thing that can kill you is the heated pokers buff. Kite, bearwall, stun, knockback, or disorient him during the cast/duration of his buff.

Rank 2:

Dippy - This guy actually killed me the most of any boss up to and including rank 7 =/ Just stay in the middle and attack him when he comes near, don't try to follow (if you back him up against a wall he'll stop slipping and 1-shot you with peck.)
Kirrawk - Main thing is you don't want to get hit by the tornado. If you do, charge/skullbash/bearwall the lightning flurry.
Fran & Riddoh - the first strategic fight, sorta. I couldn't really attack Fran as a melee so you kill Riddoh first. You can shapeshift out of the root, but you might want to use that time to look for an opening in the mines and run through when the root wears off anyway. Even though you can avoid all dynamite damage that Fran does if you're constantly moving, you run the risk of being netted on top of a newly spawned bomb ring, instant death.
King Kulaka - tank & spank. Go guardian for this if you're lower ilvl and keep dying to his melee.

Rank 3:
Blat - Dps Blat while backpedaling in a circle. Very easy if you backpedal. Very hard if you try to tank all the blobs (still doable with gear *cough*)
Sanoriak - interrupt Firewall. Kill the caster.
Ixx - avoid the frontal cleave. Casts a bit faster than the mogu champions.
Mazhareen - same as the dinosaur, just burn him and use survival instincts at the end. Or stun him.

Rank 4:
Crush - pure dps check, need like 45-50k to win.
Leona - first numerically hard fight you'll probably come across. Don't worry about interrupting wrath, but make sure you thrash/swipe the adds as soon as they spawn and book it/cd up until they die. The adds hit for a fair amount.
Dominika - you can probably burn her down ignoring the adds if your gear is good enough (480+), but otherwise, you'll need to thrash/swipe the illusions before you die.
Deeken - avoid the blue bubblies. The boss himself only does a mini-punt on you.

Rank 5:
Millie - Stand next to the lightning puddles she casts. This has two effects: 1.) you can plant 4 puddles and still have room to attack her, and 2.) you move into the puddle before her discombobulator finishes casting to get knocked out of polymorph instantly.
Fjoll - back up against a wall, interrupt/stun as many casts as you can. Move out of purple.
Proboskus - fair dps check here, you need roughly 60k dps to beat his soft enrage. He's not stunnable or typhoonable, so just dps burn him and try to not get hit by the rain dance. Make sure to interrupt torrent immediately, it hurts.
Leper gnome quintet - use typhoon to reset your stacks when you want. Dps them down however you like - in guardian, with heart of the wild hurricane, or beserk thrash/swipe in cat. HoTW mode is probably the fastest but fairly vulnerable. I pulled ~250k dps with it though, fun times.

Rank 6:
Yikkan Izu - cleave down the birds with a thrash/swipe immediately on pull and every time they spawn thereafter. Interrupt disorienting shriek.
Akama - cleave down wolves if your gear is on the low side. Interrupt stuff if you can.
Smash - should've been in rank 5 (or maybe 4), but all you do is kill the gnomes and burn him down. He even turns his back to you for ten seconds to gift you some shreds.
Unguloxx - for the lesser geared, just go guardian for this fight. Tank & spank otherwise.

Rank 7:
GG Engineering - this is another fight where it's significantly easier as guardian/resto. The entire point of the fight is to let the goblin kill their team with his rocket launcher. Your dps is well, if not inconsequential, at least insignificant. The rockets are more or less a 1-shot, so just dance around either enemy target while keeping yourself up from the constant damage the gnome does. If you want to, kill the shield generator when one of them teleports inside, especially your "kill target." This is one of those fights that you win by not standing in bad, rather than brute force.

Dark Summoner - This guy summons ghosts that you'll have to look at (with a flashlight object pointing the way you look) to stun. He's invulnerable until you kill a ghost, which makes him attackable for 20 seconds. The ghosts 1-shot you if they get within their 10 yard melee range. I've found the easiest way to complete this as melee is to just kill ghosts as soon as they spawn. He has a reasonable enrage timer - 4 mil hp in 2 min (only need an average of 35k dps on him) - so the important thing is to not get in situations where you can't stun every ghost with your flashlight, or if you make a mistake kiting and lose flashlight focus for a second on one of the 3 you've got grouped up. Killing every ghost as soon as they spawn will tank your dps on the boss, but it's far more consistent than burning the boss down.

Battletron - simple moving patchwerk fight. He summons ~8 orbs that rotate around him, and will do damage to you if you run through them. Survival instincts two or three orbs initially to give you a clear spot to burn the boss, then go to town while circle strafing. You'll have to continually position yourself in the opening you cleared with the initial two orb pops. If you pop 4 or more orbs, he'll just respawn his entire set, so try not to do so. 80k dps requirement.

Meatball - joke of a boss, belongs back in rank 2 or something. Walk over the orbs and dps the boss. The orbs heal you and buff your damage. Fight was over for me in like 18 seconds with no damage taken.

Rank 8:

(I've listed these in my own ranking of easiest to hardest, your mileage may vary)

Zen'shar - phase 1: aoe ~8ish eyeballs with half a mil hp apiece. The boss will laser a circular area on the ground periodically. This phase should take maybe 10 seconds with beserk, maybe 20 seconds without. Use berserk if you're running up against enrage, hold it otherwise for boss dps. Phase 2: crazy green beams, and the boss is still circle-lasering. You'll have to move a lot to dodge the beams this phase. If you have HoTW, I'd recommend using it here and not in phase 1 because you can survive one tick of a beam, and if hotw is up, a healing touch puts you back at full health. The enrage timer is sort of lenient, but the hard part is surviving long enough against the beams that can change direction at whim.

Epicus Maximus - avoid discs on ground. Avoid the heat seeking laser. Interrupt blue crush. Do all this while pulling 95k+ dps and some minor self healing. It's harder than it sounds, unfortunately. Again, if you have hotw, use it for when you get hit with a tick of something in this fight. Makes your self heals amazing - one heal cures one minor mistake with hotw.

Milhouse Manastorm - Very dps heavy fight. Milhouse has 50 million (!) hp and still the same 2 min enrage timer. Happily, he spawns crystals with super low (82.4k) hp that beam the boss. Whoever gets hit by the beams gain a stacking buff that increases damage by 5% per stack, capping at 100 stacks/500% more damage. If the boss gets 100 stacks, he casts Dooooooom or something that 1-shots you. Even with my ilvl, I wiped multiple times to his enrage sub 10%. Granted, I generally was missing 2-3 buffs, but still it's very dps intensive. And it's very annoying how his crystals spawn. Basically, I found that in the first 3 crystals, if you don't get a setup where you can soak both beams on the first set, or both beams on 2nd & 3rd set, you won't have enough dps to kill him and that is that. Some people use deathcoil to kill generators that they can't soak, I just run around and thrash/swipe then stampede/sprint to break the icebolt snare to get back into position. You can sort of ignore Milhouse's damage stacks, he doesn't really hurt even at 99, but definitely don't let him get to 100. I'd estimate you'd need to be able to do something like 105k on a target dummy to beat this boss. Make sure to ursol's vortext the first rip after you get to 100 stacks.

Disruptron - first off, get levitate for this, it's honestly not even worth trying without. This is one fight where HoTW is a lifesaver as well. What you want to do is dps Disruptron down in phase 1 avoiding the very few orbs that shoot out. With levitate, you can ignore the laser beams. At 35%, you'll want to find a safespot in the room (I used the middle of the south wall, got myself flush up against the wall), then pop HoTW and wrathspam like crazy. You only need 80k dps to kill him, so enrage isn't really an issue, but you really can't get hit with the orbs at all. If you do lose levitate, you're pretty much screwed. I haven't seen any melee able to kill this boss without abusing that ability, and it's still pretty hard even if you do. This fight is easier than the others if you know of the Levitate and HoTW/safespot trick. Much, much, harder if you don't use them.

Good luck!

Postby blipped » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:37 am

Zen'shar - phase 1: aoe ~8ish eyeballs with half a mil hp apiece. The boss will laser a circular area on the ground periodically. This phase should take maybe 10 seconds with beserk, maybe 20 seconds without.

Just started rank 7, so haven't tried this yet. But curious if you are just thrash/swipe spamming for this? W/o berserk i'm far from doing half a mil dmg per add in 20 secs...

Honored

Postby kaiadam » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Pretty much, yeah. I just checked and I did 600k on a single target dummy in 20 seconds. 2 thrashes and 5 swipes.

Honored

Postby Elamari » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:11 am

Great guide kaiadam. It was very useful.

I basically 1 shot most things. There were a few I had trouble with.

Deeken - I had to turn up my graphics to see the moving blue things to avoid them. I did two attempts before I changed and couldn't figure out why I was dying. Youtubed the fight (1st vid was a Feral Druid) and saw the blue things. So make sure your graphics are up.

Leona - I tried to burn this one cause at the time I was 480 ilvl like you suggested, died. had to kill adds and I only just scraped the kill.

Leper gnome quintet - Tried in Bear 1st attempt, got down to two with < 400k HP each, hit the enrage. Second bear attempt tried HotW + Hurricane, took loads of damage, went bear and died similar to 1st attempt. Turns out I had a fishing pole equipped >_> Third attempt went cat and just AOE'd them with DoC.

Unguloxx - Tried in cat and got stomped. Went bear (in cat gear) and had so much rage I was pushing mauls every other GCD.

GG Engineering - The 1st one to give me some trouble, took about 7-8 attempts. I found just to go bear. Bear soaked the damage and by staggered berserk, incarnation and NV had plenty of dps.

Up to Dark summoner, I'll let you know how I go.

Cheers,

~Elamari
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Return to Kitty DPS