Register

Making "you are not behind the target" more obvious

Face-rippin fun.

Making "you are not behind the target" more obvious

Postby Eik » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:19 am

I'm pretty new to kitty dps, and especially on trash I end up not noticing that I'm not behind my target. I'm sure this'll get better with practice, but I was wondering if anyone has a tip for an addon or something to make the error message more obvious?

Re: Making "you are not behind the target" more obvious

Postby Devils » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:48 am

As i remember Feral by Night addon have a function to handle the problem: showing a recicle/turnaaround icon, if u are not behing the target. Of corse, its not updated and you nedd to disable the unnecessary functions.

Postby Dalrand » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:11 am

I use the DroodFocus addon myself.

Shows a energy bar and buff duration icons, but also a out of range or turn a around icon if ya use a move with a error like those.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:26 am

I'm with Dalrand DroodFocus is a very powerful all in one kitty icon. It is a pain in the butt to set up and I mean a pain. However, with some dedication you can get it to look very clean. Tracks bleed and roar timers as well as combo points a cd pulse for such things as tiger's fury and berserk as well as icons for being too far away or not behind your target.

Honored

Postby Goodmongo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:11 am

Oh how I hated to setup Droodfocus. I loved the addon but it took me hours to get it just right.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:18 am

I fiddled with that addon for some time and never quite found a set up I liked. Perhaps I should try it again.

Currently I used several different addons which do most of what I would use it for e.g. timer bars, combo points, boss health, my energy.

Postby Eik » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Thanks for the help. Guess I'll try setting up Droodfocus :D

Postby cynrh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Try to keep an eye on your MT as you move in and have some awareness of where he is; if you know where he is you know where the mob's back is. Understandably, this gets difficult once your tank gets buried in mobs and special effects.

So when that happens, Shred should be keybound to your easiest-to-reach keys. If I can't find my tank in the pile and am having problems shredding a mob, I begin to rotate around the mob while mashing Shred. If you can't get a Shred off that way, it probably means you have aggro. :) Incidentally, this rotation method happens to be translate into a great PVP skill as well, as 4pc PVP set bonus + Infected Wounds means your target is relatively staying in place compared to you, and all you have to do is change rotation around them a few times to juke him into facing the wrong way, and you can get Shreds off.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:35 pm

or put a raid marker on a hunter pet haha

Honored

Postby Morghan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:48 pm

Qbear wrote:or put a raid marker on a hunter pet haha

Hahah, love it Q :D

Postby Arthaei » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:31 pm

I tend to find the large amount of parries and dodges and my energy bar filling up instead of going down are good pointers to know you're not behind your target :lol: You'll get used to it.

We await the day we are no longer the only spec with a positional requirement on a main attack! (subtlety rogues don't exist so shhh, besides it's our turn to moan) :roll:
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:17 pm

Qbear wrote:or put a raid marker on a hunter pet haha

I've been doing this since my first raid.

In fact, I took a year off and came back to all my friends doing Heroic ICC. My main was a dk back then. The day I got back I was asked to fill in for a dps. I had no idea about any factor in any fight. So I quickly switched to unholy and followed my ghoul all night long. I never died before the tank :P. It sounds cheesy, but it's hella effective in a pinch.

Return to Kitty DPS