Register

Stat Priority

Face-rippin fun.
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Stat Priority

Postby Frozzenfire » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Ok so first i would like to say im by no means perfect at playing cat, i feel i do well according to other in my guild(other classes).

i posted my guilds kill on garalon 25 normal, the first kill we had where cleave was alot better there for i was told by raid leader to just sit on boss.

now theres this idiot, thats commenting on the video saying i do things wrong, i do know that i clipped dots alot in this video, i do feel myself that i get better at not clipping dots.

so i just saw that he commented again heres a small text of what has been commented.

Hit+3.32% and Expertise5.45% = bad for feral you should be at 7.50% on both


atm im playing around with Incarnation+Nature's Vigil and the stat priority im going for is this Agi > Mastery > Crit > Hit=Exp > Haste

and heres the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH6pALEgbLQ

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Stat Priority

Postby Tinderhoof » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:03 am

While the poster isn't exactly kind about it he is right. Your Hit and Exp being that low are likely hurting your damage output. You are correct that you get a smoother rotation with Hit/Exp. You will also tend to keep both SR and Rip from colliding and causing down time. While on Garalon where you don't have to swap targets the issue won't be as noticable. However when you get into any target swapping fights missing a few times right before a target swap can be a big hit to damage. Capping both is really the best way to go. Really don't follow the elitest jerks thread. It is rather out of date, and giving Hit/Exp stat weights is just plain misleading.

I would also advise you not to take Incarnation. It is by far our lowest damage talent save for a few very specific burst situations. SotF is a much better choice as it refunds a big chunk of the energy we spend on finishing moves. As you are still getting the hang of things I would take HotW over Natures Vigil. The two talents are very close together in damage, but HotW has much more flexability.

Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Stat Priority

Postby Frozzenfire » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:33 am

thanks for the reply :)

ye im not useing elitesjerks for info, its just because he said that he found those stats prios there, i ofc use this site if i need advice

Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Stat Priority

Postby Rubidiumsage » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:35 am

Hey, new to the forum and just picking up kitty dps. So according to Tinderhoof Hit/Exp caps are the way to go to prevent RNG or just get close to them to maximise mastery and wasted energy?

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Stat Priority

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:35 am

Rubidiumsage wrote:Hey, new to the forum and just picking up kitty dps. So according to Tinderhoof Hit/Exp caps are the way to go to prevent RNG or just get close to them to maximise mastery and wasted energy?


Long ago I did some tests that showed hit and expertise go up in value on fights with downtime and/or target switching. Then there is the question of execution since our stat values are based on a computer doing the rotation. Also the stat values generated in simc are not absolute measures but rather relative values that only tell you what your next upgrade should be. To get closer you are better off trying different reforging schemes and comparing dps while completely ignoring stat values since they are not actually telling you what the best reforging/gemming scheme is. Then there is the small matter of how complex our rotation is, and the fact that most of our optimization work has been done with a hit/exp capped profile.

So, all other things being equal, I prefer to get as close as possible to the hit/exp caps (I am exactly there right now). After that I am going with mastery because all testing we have done to date puts it ahead of the other stats by a decent margin. Beyond that the dps differences are pretty small.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Stat Priority

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:37 am

One more thing, AOE fights favor high hit/exp.

Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Stat Priority

Postby Rubidiumsage » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:43 am

Leafkiller wrote:
Rubidiumsage wrote:Hey, new to the forum and just picking up kitty dps. So according to Tinderhoof Hit/Exp caps are the way to go to prevent RNG or just get close to them to maximise mastery and wasted energy?


Long ago I did some tests that showed hit and expertise go up in value on fights with downtime and/or target switching. Then there is the question of execution since our stat values are based on a computer doing the rotation. Also the stat values generated in simc are not absolute measures but rather relative values that only tell you what your next upgrade should be. To get closer you are better off trying different reforging schemes and comparing dps while completely ignoring stat values since they are not actually telling you what the best reforging/gemming scheme is. Then there is the small matter of how complex our rotation is, and the fact that most of our optimization work has been done with a hit/exp capped profile.

So, all other things being equal, I prefer to get as close as possible to the hit/exp caps (I am exactly there right now). After that I am going with mastery because all testing we have done to date puts it ahead of the other stats by a decent margin. Beyond that the dps differences are pretty small.

Thank you very much sir, shall proceed tearing people apart with new found certainty >:)

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Stat Priority

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:54 am

I am not actually a fan of tearing down people and this is a poorly understood area...

Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Stat Priority

Postby Rubidiumsage » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:58 am

Leafkiller wrote:I am not actually a fan of tearing down people and this is a poorly understood area...

My apologies. I shall instead redirect my focus to the Mogu in hopes to lift your spirits

Return to Kitty DPS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], RareBeast and 6 guests