Register

Fire Kitty Macro?

This and that.
Honored

Fire Kitty Macro?

Postby ellorien » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:06 am

Just a vanity topic, because I've been trying to think of a way to do efficient fire staff swapping. I haven't bothered so far as it's too much trouble, but I kind of miss the fire kitty.

I'm wondering if anyone has their own custom macros/ methods for starting combat with fire kitty staff on, then swapping to real staff--other than the clunky clicking to equip and disequip before and after combat.

The best idea I could come up with was to work it into my Shred macro:

/equip [nocombat] Fandral's Flamescythe
/equip [combat] <real staff whose name I can't remember atm as it's a crappy new one>
/cast Shred

with the idea that I'd hit my Shred macro while not yet hitting the boss, to change to Fandral, then the next time I hit it I'll be in combat and it will change to my real dps staff.

Any other ideas?

Exalted

Re: Fire Kitty Macro?

Postby Konungr » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:26 am

I use my Cat Form macro to equip my DPS weapon, good for Fishing/Intellect Weapon switches to make sure I'm hitting the boss with the right stick:

#showtooltip Cat Form
/cast [mod:alt][noform:3] !Cat Form; [form, stealth, @mouseover, harm] Pounce; [form, nocombat] !Prowl; [combat, nostealth] Savage Roar
/equipset [spec:2] Bear; Cat DPS

You can find all of my UI information here: http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=23275

Anyways, for what you are looking for, and I might try this is do something similar but make the following changes:

#showtooltip Cat Form
/cast [mod:alt][noform:3] !Cat Form; [form, stealth, @mouseover, harm] Pounce; [form, nocombat] !Prowl; [combat, nostealth] Savage Roar
/equipset [nocombat] Firekitty; Cat DPS

Then all you need to do is make a Gearset profile with the Blizzard Equipment Manager called "Firekitty" or whatever you want it to be, have it ignore all slots except for the Weapon and set the weapon as Fandral's and then have your normal Kitty Gearset, and viola. One press before combat, and one more after combat and you are now a Fire Kitty with an appropriately powerful weapon.

Honored

Postby ellorien » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:54 am

Oh, that IS a good idea. I never thought of making it a set by itself. And thanks for the macro! :)

If I get too forgetful about switching, I may take your set idea and try finding an addon that auto switches sets based on combat conditions.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:04 am

ellorien wrote:Oh, that IS a good idea. I never thought of making it a set by itself. And thanks for the macro! :)

If I get too forgetful about switching, I may take your set idea and try finding an addon that auto switches sets based on combat conditions.

I wouldn't do an addon, because the addon will probably switch out as soon as you enter combat, which would nullify the purpose since you can't get the buff until your first melee attack with the weapon.

Just put the weapon switch into your first ability, I just like having it on Cat Form. Another thing you can probably do is create a PowerAura or TellMeWhen to indicate that you have Fandral's equipped, that way if it's showing, and a decent enough indicator, you can just glance and if it's there, hit your macro.

Honored

Postby ellorien » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:15 am

Oh, that is also a great idea, thanks! I actually do have Weak Auras set up for my fishing pole, etc. Will do that.

Honored

Postby ellorien » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 am

Coming back to this topic!

Is it just me or did the way of triggering Fire Kittiness from the staff change? I seem to remember that I would burst into fire before as soon as I got into combat. Now it seems like it's not enough?

Skilling the boss: triggered fire kitty
Moonfiring the boss: did not trigger fire kitty
Mere autoattack on boss: not tested

Is it just me? What are you guys doing to trigger it before switching?

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:16 am

ellorien wrote:Coming back to this topic!

Is it just me or did the way of triggering Fire Kittiness from the staff change? I seem to remember that I would burst into fire before as soon as I got into combat. Now it seems like it's not enough?

Skilling the boss: triggered fire kitty
Moonfiring the boss: did not trigger fire kitty
Mere autoattack on boss: not tested

Is it just me? What are you guys doing to trigger it before switching?

Ranged Spells don't trigger it, has to be a Melee attack, whether Auto-Attack or an ability.

Honored

Postby ellorien » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:13 am

Thanks! I finally worked out a slightly unwieldy routine of clicking equip Fire Staff macro, right-clicking mob to activate it, then hitting a skill to which I'd bound /equip Real Staff. I missed the fieriness, so it's worth it atm!

Postby neiljwd » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:36 am

Hi,
I didn't really follow all the complicated macro stuff earlier, and I'm dumb, so I 'solved' this query for myself really simply.

I just macro'd the firekitty staff and cat form together, so I equip it every time I went into cat form.

Then I just macro'd.
1-
/equip DPSstaff
/cast Shred
2-
/equip DPSstaff
/cast Mangle
3-
/equip DPSstaff
/cast Rake

So I'd go firey, and then start using my abilities, you encounter the GCD on 1st press, but it's only a tiny delay to DPS and I assuage myself by telling myself I'm giving the tank time to get a threat lead.
One thing I have considered is taking macro number 3 out, and doing the 1st rake with the fire staff, that way when I switch to my DPS staff the GCD is actually pooling energy during that time, and ofc Rakes ticking.
But i'm assuming the dps on the weak rake would be greater then from a wasted GCD.

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:40 am

has to be a Melee attack, whether Auto-Attack or an ability.

Since it's a GCD to switch weapons, I would argue to auto-attack w/ the staff and have the real staff macro'd into all spells. You should be able to turn fiery with auto-attack, and then use the GCD to switch weapons.

I have cat form and real staff on 'z' so when this staff finally drops, I dunno what I'm gonna do! I don't wanna waste a GCD every time I switch into cat to switch weapons twice. (Blade lord, wind lord-hurricane, innervate, tranq, b-rez) all things that would have wasted GCD if you had fire staff macro'd into cat form.

Maybe just making sure you have it equipped, or macro it into Gift, since you only cast that pre-fight!

Return to General Discussion