Register

Post your UI!

Pimp your interface.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Post your UI!

Postby Golle » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:39 am

No UI-forum without a proper UI showoff thread!

We just need a few ground rules:
1. Use thumbnails. Loading a page with 30 fullscreen pictures is no fun and rarely ever looks good. Thumbnail Guides.
2. Don't quote images if you're replying to a post, take that portion out of the quote.
3. We would prefer screenshots of Raid, Combat and Idle. Raid and Idle is fine too.
4. Feel free to give a short presentation about your UI, what addons you are using and why you chose them.

I'll go first!
I'm a strong believer in magnifying what's important, and completely hiding the useless stuff. I like my Unit Frames large so I always have them somewhat in view. Most of my action bars are hidden because I don't need to see them, I know the keybindings in my head anyway. I do the same with my buff-frames. They are hidden by default next to my DPS-meter but I can mouseover if I want to see them, like checking my raidbuffs before a pull.

Pitbull is for my Unit Frames,
ForteXorcist to show my debuffs/buffs/cooldowns in the middle with bright colors. It's colorcoded by what type it is, my debuffs are orange-ish, buffs and proccs are green and my cooldowns are blue.
sThreatMeter2 is my threatmeter, very lightweight and works really well.
TinyDPS is nice lightweight altvernative to Recount, and I don't even use all the functions in Recount anyway.
M_actionbars is the addon for my action bars, again lightweight and does exactly what I want it to.

Raid:

Combat:

Idle:
Last edited by Golle on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Post your UI!

Postby deca » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:00 pm

Well, 2nd then. A Screenshot from the Target Dummies, still you can see everything there is to be seen (well, i got the standard raidframes in the upper left corner in raids). I didn't touch the blizz minimap and buffs, just decided to wrap the minimap buttons a bit up. I like the bar style of droodfocus more than the icon style and OF COURSE i disabled the bloodsplatter thing and fancy blinkklink stuff. The middle of the screen is devoted to myself and my target with the top line of the left being my energy bar, a bit bigger for better visibility. Also i've been using the smal addon Geist now for quite a lot time and now find myself unable to play without it, simple 9 button bar in a square pattern where i got ff, jump and the wtf-buttons.
edit: oh yeah, the wonderful yellow block indicates 1cp, when they go 5 cp they turn red..
So, list of notable Addons:
AG Units
DroodFocus
ErrorMonster (nice one wich blends out all the error warning 'is not ready ladida')
Milk Scrolling Battle Text
Minimap ButtonFrame
Tidy Plates (Nameplates with Threatindicator by color)

Postby Spritzup » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:48 am

It would help too if people posted what addons they were using.

I know myself, I'm quite intrigued by what addons Golle is using (especially the one that shows the dot ticks).

Honored

Postby felhoof » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:22 pm

Golle lists the addons, and if you've ever used it it's pretty clear - that's fortexorcist.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:15 am

felhoof wrote:Golle lists the addons, and if you've ever used it it's pretty clear - that's fortexorcist.

He also did an edit before you posted Fel.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby Golle » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:20 pm

Actually, it was after :P

Postby Alkajak » Fri May 27, 2011 7:51 pm

Golle, would it be possible to post up a zip of your interface/WTF?

Postby Shandrahyl » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:34 am

So here it is.
Addons used are:
PowerAuras (awesome addon)
Xperl
Grid2
Sexymap
Bartender4
prat

Postby Offbalance » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:45 am

To Shandrahyl

What addon is putting the bleeds/CDs around your cat. Also could you place up a pic in combat, perhaps in FLs to show what it looks while raiding. Currently I'm using bad kitty and it can sometime be hard to see the CD's/bleeds. I'll post my own later, at work now and don't have access to it.

Honored

Postby Rarge » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:38 pm

That's PowerAuras.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:24 pm

After playing in the SWTOR beta and loving its basic UI, I tried recreating it in WoW to an extent. Note this isn't on my druid, it's on my bank alt that I used for experimentation. So for starters, here's what I'm trying to base it on:

And here's what I have so far:

Addons used are:

Dominos
SexyMap
TitanPanel (with microbutton addon/plugin, also configured to hide when not moused over at the top)
That and I unlocked the default wow frame and moved them to my liking so far so my portrait and the enemy one are both centered at the bottom.

So my question is...what should I use to improve this more? I know I'll have to deal with raid frames and the focus box sooner or later, so does anyone know of a good lightweight addon to move and mess with those? Probably could find a more interactive way to deal with the portraits, and I still need to come up with something to minimize and consolidate the buff/debuff area so it displays in tiny icons above the portrait. For Dominos, unfortunately I need 2 bars that are currently spread out at the bottom of the screen (the throw icon on the far right indicates the end range for that one, while the attack button on the left indicates the beginning of that row), but I don't necessarily like stacking them on top of each other like in SWTOR unless I minimize them further in WoW, which them leads to some visibility issues (and getting confused with which row of boxes is which). The default chat box is also kinda ugly and not shrunken to my preference, so still need a good chat addon somewhere. For the final version I also will have Ovale loaded (centered right above the avatar) and recount (though not shown, never did get why people like to look at it during a fight, I just have it to bring up after to check out performance).

So yeah...any suggestions for my questions? It's not pretty yet, but it's a start I think.

Postby HeLLaTec » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:28 am

Golle, I have a quick question.
How do you make the chat frame look like that, like it's implemented in PitBull?
I'm trying to find it in the PitBull settings but just can't find it :/

Postby October » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:42 am

Here's mine!

Out of combat

On a dummy (pardon the conversation, a friend was whining about how hard the dagger quest was)

Addons are:
Droodfocus
Dominos
SUF
PowerAuras
Castbars
OmniCC
Threat Plates
Tiptac
Prat
Omen and Recount on the right
Mappy
Masque (Renaitre)
kgPanels

and I use VuhDo for my raid frames.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:00 pm

All of my buffs/debuffs I track are in weakauras. Below is most of the stuff I have in the bottom center of my UI. Most are self explanatory except for a few.

Savage Roar is the blue horizontal bar with a timer. The white circle-ish thing in the background is FFF/Sunder. Thrash is the vertical bar that is a timer (when it goes below rip/rake that means it's under 6 seconds remaining). And the red thing in the middle pulses for Omen procs. The spot next to PS procs is saved for boss specific stuff.

Otherwise I use the normal Grid for raid frames, DBM, etc. Nothing special outside of what is below.

Twitch - Now with dachshund cam! - Logs 'n stuff

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:02 pm

This was taken from my stream, so it seems a little blurry.

Postby Ampzilla » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Nothing really changes when I'm in combat and even though it looks like I have one of those fancy panels all along the bottom part of the screen that's really just the stairs in Garalon's room that look like that.

Postby meribold » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:24 am

Dunno if anyone still looks at this thread but here's my UI (focus is on PvP): http://youtu.be/ZW3ibFxDOaI

Return to Addons / UI