Register

DroodFocus

Face-rippin fun.

Re: DroodFocus

Postby Growlgrrl » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:40 am

I have to say I really like this addon.

The only thing that sometimes bugs me is the debuff duration bar will show other druid's Thrash duration, whether I have a thrash active on the target or not, it seems to show the duration of the longest lasting Thrash.

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:00 pm

I've experienced this thrash thing with BadKitty as well. Seems the only way I've been able to watch mine is with Shadowed Unit Frames, prioritizing by enlarging my own buffs/debuffs on boss. That way I have somewhere to watch it at least.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Growlgrrl wrote:I have to say I really like this addon.

The only thing that sometimes bugs me is the debuff duration bar will show other druid's Thrash duration, whether I have a thrash active on the target or not, it seems to show the duration of the longest lasting Thrash.

In the DroodFocus Spells List, for your Thrash settings, on the Left side roughly 1/3 down the list of options should be a "My Spells" option... use it.

Postby Xube » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Just want to show this is a fantastic addon!

Only reason i can play cat with out all the fuss of weak auras/ power auras.

Droodfocus is king.

I especially love it after the update. with the extra buff tracker/dot tracker. Its amazing.

Also the heartbeat FX for Tigers Fury is awesome too. I have been playing with the config. Are we allowed to make a second heartbeat icon that i can create my self?
I want to make one for Predatory Swiftness. Basically when PS procs and is up for 7-8 seconds or so i want it to appear and start beating for those 7 seconds. Is this something i can do? And if so How?

Any help is much appreciated.

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:09 pm

I know on mine, it has a little cat icon with a timer below it when PS procs. I also have the warning icon, but that is a separate graphic.

I don't know how you can get it to show..but I know it's there!

Postby Meranannon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:46 pm

Sorry for late reply. Not much time right now.
a quick response :

Dysheki wrote:I don't use the addon, but I have a quick question: Is this a workaround by looking at the logs to see if a crit happens since Blizzard can be slow on a CP alert? I use weakauras and it's incredibly annoying at times when I get notice of a CP so late in the GCD.

Yes, I use combatlog also. Code from scratch, but I think using the same technique as the other, there are not many possible solution.

AsgardFM wrote:Is there a way to configure Droodfocus to bring up a notification that a target is within BitW range (<25%)? I've been using PowerAuras for this so far but my UI has changed to the stage where thats all I currently use PA for and it feels a bit of a waste.

Possible via FX and luacode i believe. I'll try to do it and post export here.

Growlgrrl wrote:I have to say I really like this addon.

Use ckeckbox "Show yours debuffs only" to filter debuff and check only yours.

Xube wrote:Just want to show this is a fantastic addon!
Only reason i can play cat with out all the fuss of weak auras/ power auras.
Droodfocus is king.
I especially love it after the update. with the extra buff tracker/dot tracker. Its amazing.
Also the heartbeat FX for Tigers Fury is awesome too. I have been playing with the config. Are we allowed to make a second heartbeat icon that i can create my self?
I want to make one for Predatory Swiftness. Basically when PS procs and is up for 7-8 seconds or so i want it to appear and start beating for those 7 seconds. Is this something i can do? And if so How?
Any help is much appreciated.

Thx.
you can make as many icons/bars/FX as you want. Not very easy to navigate in the config I confess (I'm losing myself sometimes).
You can copy an existing spell with a similar effect and only change the ID and type.
But for predatory swiftness, there is already an FX.

Postby Ryoohki » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:58 pm

There seems to be no option yet to change the size of the new sr / DoC / tf dots on icons, They are way too small to see right now for me. Also with 5.1.3a thrash doesnt seem to have them, which it should?

Postby Meranannon » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 am

Ryoohki wrote:There seems to be no option yet to change the size of the new sr / DoC / tf dots on icons, They are way too small to see right now for me. Also with 5.1.3a thrash doesnt seem to have them, which it should?

For now, you can't configure the small colored dots. For next version for sure !
For thrash, maybe I missed something, there are lots of thing to check.

i fix that in next release.

Postby Reerun » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:30 am

AsgardFM wrote:Is there a way to configure Droodfocus to bring up a notification that a target is within BitW range (<25%)? I've been using PowerAuras for this so far but my UI has changed to the stage where thats all I currently use PA for and it feels a bit of a waste.

I use a little addon called Time to Execute. It's just a little icon that you can set to show up at whatever % health you want. You can even set it for, say, 27% and it will count down in seconds approximately when the target will reach 25%.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Here is a Warlock addon that does an interesting job tracking relative DoT strength: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/122 ... -dot-power (it is on Curse). I like the display where it shows the DoT strength and a background color that tells you when you will be losing ticks from clipping. Clipping is easier for locks though since they can clip just past 50% without losing DoT uptime.

Anyways, the display is interesting.

Postby Meranannon » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:17 am

Leafkiller wrote:Here is a Warlock addon that does an interesting job tracking relative DoT strength: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/122 ... -dot-power (it is on Curse). I like the display where it shows the DoT strength and a background color that tells you when you will be losing ticks from clipping. Clipping is easier for locks though since they can clip just past 50% without losing DoT uptime.

Anyways, the display is interesting.

playing a bit with the module configuration I think you should get the same result.

I initially wanted to allow full configuration of this module. Now I think adding few things to this module for version 5.1.7.

Postby Carsti » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:54 am

Now that's impressive AddOn,. thank you very much for putting all that effort into improving my game-play. I'm still not sure that I'm utilizing it to its full potential, so is there som FAQ/HOWTO/101 page that helps a beginner to undertand e.g. "red jumping cat from the right" :o

TIA, Carsti

Postby AsgardFM » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Reerun wrote:AsgardFM wrote:Is there a way to configure Droodfocus to bring up a notification that a target is within BitW range (<25%)? I've been using PowerAuras for this so far but my UI has changed to the stage where thats all I currently use PA for and it feels a bit of a waste.

I use a little addon called Time to Execute. It's just a little icon that you can set to show up at whatever % health you want. You can even set it for, say, 27% and it will count down in seconds approximately when the target will reach 25%.

Thanks for the suggestion but it wasn't quite what I was after. I recently had to switch to my old Laptop as a backup and after a fresh install of Droodfocus the Rip icon changed to a Bite icon after 25%. I've been unable to locate the exact option for it now I'm back on my primary computer though.

Carsti wrote:Now that's impressive AddOn,. thank you very much for putting all that effort into improving my game-play. I'm still not sure that I'm utilizing it to its full potential, so is there som FAQ/HOWTO/101 page that helps a beginner to undertand e.g. "red jumping cat from the right" :o

TIA, Carsti

I've yet to see a full guide around but I think that "red jumping cat" indicates Predatory Swiftness has procced.

Postby Meranannon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Carsti wrote:Now that's impressive AddOn,. thank you very much for putting all that effort into improving my game-play. I'm still not sure that I'm utilizing it to its full potential, so is there som FAQ/HOWTO/101 page that helps a beginner to undertand e.g. "red jumping cat from the right" :o

TIA, Carsti

Thx !

That's a good idea but it's a lot of works. But definitively it's somethings to do !
and for "red jumping cat from the right", yes it's the "fx" i made for Predatory Swiftness

Postby Meranannon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:25 pm

AsgardFM wrote:Thanks for the suggestion but it wasn't quite what I was after. I recently had to switch to my old Laptop as a backup and after a fresh install of Droodfocus the Rip icon changed to a Bite icon after 25%. I've been unable to locate the exact option for it now I'm back on my primary computer though.

For Rip icon changed to a Bite icon after 25%, just add luaCode to your rip entry.
Select your rip entry in spell list -> click luaCode button -> select lua code "Blood in the water" in list at the bottom of window -> validate

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Using the latest version - 5.1.7d - nasty error on my level 86 feral:

1x DroodFocus-5.1.7d\DroodFocus_fixLevel.lua:118: attempt to index local "objet" (a function value)
DroodFocus-5.1.7d\DroodFocus_fixLevel.lua:118: in function <DroodFocus\DroodFocus_fixLevel.lua:103>
DroodFocus-5.1.7d\DroodFocus_fixLevel.lua:155: in function "strata_fixAllFrames"
DroodFocus-5.1.7d\DroodFocus_options.lua:3837: in function "options_setLevel"
DroodFocus-5.1.7d\DroodFocus_core.lua:192: in function <DroodFocus\DroodFocus_core.lua:124>

Locals:
self = <table> {
castbar_update = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_castbar.lua:230
alignToGridY = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_grid.lua:13
init_icons_frame = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_icons.lua:41
luaCode_createList = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_lua.lua:145
dotTracker_update = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_dotTracker.lua:176
healthbar_setLevel = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_healthbar.lua:312
DroodFGameTooltip = DroodFocusOptionToolTip {}
castbar_reinit = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_castbar.lua:380
healthbar_toogle_lock = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_healthbar.lua:284
dotTracker_clearDot = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_dotTracker.lua:293
init_powerbar_frame = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_powerbar.lua:37
manabar_update = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_manabar.lua:146
doubleAntiSlashes = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_tools.lua:322
isInRaid = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_core.lua:694
infos_setLevel = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_infos.lua:317
spells_desactivate = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_spells.lua:1041
isDreamCharge = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_core.lua:682
alert_toogle_lock = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_alert.lua:408
icons_SetCooldown = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_icons.lua:984
options_createButton = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_options.lua:2091
manabar_toogle_lock = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_manabar.lua:204
options_chgBase = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_options.lua:2080
options_DebuffList_populate = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_options.lua:3150
init_portrait_frame = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_portrait.lua:24
GetDotPower = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_dotPower.lua:36
activeTalent = 2
config_Reset = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_config.lua:604
eclipsebar_setLevel = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_eclipsebar.lua:329
gps_setLevel = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_gps.lua:289
GetDefaultPortrait = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_portrait.lua:170
defense_setAlpha = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_defensebar.lua:290
smoothScale = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_tools.lua:24
castbar_sparck = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_castbar.lua:361
practice_checkList = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_practice.lua:159
options_FXMediaLists = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_options.lua:332
copyTable = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_config.lua:231
replace_droodfocus = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_core.lua:891
options_debuffList_apply = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_options.lua:1564
export_getText = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_export.lua:366
toggle_toggle = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_toggle.lua:11
GetVengeance = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_infos.lua:201
portrait_update = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_portrait.lua:124
powerbar_setLevel = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_powerbar.lua:370
clearbit = <func> @DroodFocus\DroodFocus_tools.lua:306
portrait_reinit = <func> @Interf

Postby Meranannon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:37 am

Yes i got somes reports like this, i'm looking to it but i don't have this error myself. Hard to find the cause.

I can't do anything before tonight but perhaps can you try something for me ?

Just edit the file "DroodFocus_fixLevel.lua"

and remove or comment line 155 (in function DF:strata_fixAllFrames() )

checkLevel(nom,false)

becomes

--checkLevel(nom,false)

If no error, try to open encounter journal, character tab to see in no other error.
and if the problem persists, do the same on line 165 (in function DF:strata_fixLevel_CreateFrame(arg1) )

comment line -> checkLevel(arg1,true)

thank you

[EDIT] i've got confirmation, just remove line 155 will fix the error. I release an official fix tonight

Postby Pan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Sorry people but i'm the only one who can't see the "blue little dot" gained with NV? The red one with SR is working good and the Yellow one for TF too. But the blue one with NV is not working.... Anyone the same problem or any setting that i'm missing maybe?

Postby Meranannon » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:40 am

Pan wrote:Sorry people but i'm the only one who can't see the "blue little dot" gained with NV? The red one with SR is working good and the Yellow one for TF too. But the blue one with NV is not working.... Anyone the same problem or any setting that i'm missing maybe?

Oops my fault.
This is normal if it does not work. I should not code when I'm tired: p

I post a fixed version tonight.

Honored

Postby adianar » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:52 pm

Meranannon,
Thank you very much for taking the time to log in, pay attention and listen to us. We do use your addon primarily and we appreciate your focus on improving our kitty worlds.

Adi

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Somewhat benign bug. The Savage Defense bar is shown in feral spec while in Bear form. Savage Defense is only available when in Guardian spec.

Postby Jaymzhendo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:44 am

A small inconvenience but when I have this addon loaded, and I am flying from one place to another, if I am looking at my map (the world map looking at a different zone) any time I cross a "boundary" into a new zone or even a new subzone my main(world) map will reset back to where my character is. It took me some time to determine this was DroodFocus doing this.
I first tried to turn off the GPS stuff, change the GPS targets to "None" and a couple of other in game options changed, none of that worked. Then I went and dug through the luacode - I found the "setmap" section and simply deleted it (backed up the original though for smarts) and the problem went away. I also did a test where I ran no other addons except DroodFocus to test if it was indeed DF. It was. Again the only fix I've found was deleting the "setmap" portion of the LuA but then I can't use the GPS stuff.

TL;DR - I'm auto flying in Vale, on my way to Heart of Fear, I look at my world map and move it to Jade Forest, the moment my character crosses a "boundary" that would change the name above my mini-map, my main/world map will jump back to Vale.

Postby Meranannon » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:17 am

Leafkiller wrote:Somewhat benign bug. The Savage Defense bar is shown in feral spec while in Bear form. Savage Defense is only available when in Guardian spec.

I add this to next version

Jaymzhendo wrote:A small inconvenience but when I have this addon loaded, and I am flying from one place to another, if I am looking at my map (the world map looking at a different zone) any time I cross a "boundary" into a new zone or even a new subzone my main(world) map will reset back to where my character is. It took me some time to determine this was DroodFocus doing this.
I first tried to turn off the GPS stuff, change the GPS targets to "None" and a couple of other in game options changed, none of that worked. Then I went and dug through the luacode - I found the "setmap" section and simply deleted it (backed up the original though for smarts) and the problem went away. I also did a test where I ran no other addons except DroodFocus to test if it was indeed DF. It was. Again the only fix I've found was deleting the "setmap" portion of the LuA but then I can't use the GPS stuff.

yes it's the "SetMapToCurrentZone()" the problems.
I had hoped that the GPS works even without this function but apparently not.
I'll watch it.

Postby Kroníc » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:17 am

Hi, I like the addon and how important it is for me if I have to play DoC but my only dislike is that the tracking is all icons. I personally like to track dots via classtimer or with with ElvUI, Aurabars. Is there anyway to configure the addon like that? Thank you.

Postby eveolene » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:20 am

Having a slight issue with Maul and Savage Defense. Got them to show on the bar and show cooldowns, but they show as ready regardless of rage amount. Tried messing with some settings, but I can't see a way to change this. Is it currently possible, or not?

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS