Register

Anyone using Rawr?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Anyone using Rawr?

Postby Carini » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:02 pm

I've been using Rawr as both a cat and bear gear comparison tool for years now, but since MoP I find myself not agreeing with Rawr as much as I used to. Before I post on their site, I wanted to see if fellow kitties had any thoughts.

I, for one, find that the program puts far to much emphasis on Crit, usually at the expense of Mastery. I am used to the program prioritizing Hit and Exp cap waaaay too much, but being Hit and Exp cap is a valid strategy, so I work around that on my own.

Long point short - I'm able to come up with a better gear gemming / reforging setup that does more DPS (on target dummies) than what the Rawr optimizer suggests. Anyone else seeing that? (I also feel like I'm doing more dmg in raids, but there are a lot of variables there so I used target dummies).

Thx!

Re: Anyone using Rawr?

Postby Beatrix » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:04 am

Hi there,

I had originally asked a similar question and the consensus of the replies here was that Rawr was no longer (sadly) as good as it was. I have been using Ask Mr. Robot and the suggestions I get there have been much better for me. Also the interface is pretty darn good.

Try it out and you will see how you like it.

Others have also suggested wowreforge, I find it personnally too complicated and harder to understand as I am not the best number cruncher (yes I like my wow stats spoonfed to me... :))

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Rawr had a recent update but it really isn't at a state that makes it any better than just using the stat weights from here and AskMrRobot. Especially the new beta features of AMR which helps find best upgrades and work out the best way to spend your valor points.

I've use Rawr since it was started and I hope it gets going again, but I am not too hopeful.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:14 pm

AMR's UI is top notch. I have used it on and off since WotLK days. We are lucky enough to have one of the Authors Zoopercat watching our forums and they have created a feedback thread (http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4475). I highly recomend giving the beta a look see. One thing to note is the currect stat weights for AMR are a little off. They will be updating them soon. For the time being you can pick up the weights provided by Aggixx in this thread http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1883#p11155.

I haven't really used Rawr in a long time. However everything I have heard is that some things continue to be a little off about how it represents how our gearing should be. I do a podcast with one of the contributers of Rawr. I will follow up with him to see who is handling the Feral portion.

Return to Kitty DPS