Register

Ovale+DoC...underwhelming result?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Ovale+DoC...underwhelming result?

Postby brettfirst » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:34 am

Following Ovale's suggestions (since I'm new to using DoC effectively), I'm finding that against a test dummy I'm doing about 5k less damage using DoC than when utilizing HotW. And that's over a period of time, not just like a 30 second sample.

DoC is supposed to be a higher dps gain than HotW, however I'm also aware it's substantially more complex than a..HotW or NV rotation. All I know about it...is healing touch should be used around 4 combo points to hit rake and then rip.

Is there something I'm missing...or is Ovale not utilizing DoC to it's best potential? (which is understandable I suppose...since it's apparently a bit complex).

**Also I've noticed Ovale suggesting hitting healing touch at times when I only have 2 combo points...which seems strange to me, could be that predatory swiftness is about to expire or....I need to refresh rake anyway.

Exalted

Re: Ovale+DoC...underwhelming result?

Postby aggixx » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:37 am

If Ovale is suggesting to use Healing Touch when you're not at at least 4 CP it must be because the PS was about to expire, that's working as intended. One thing to consider is that Dream of Cenarius is a bit more dependent on the mastery raid buff than the other two specs, but not enough that it should cause a 5k loss or anything.

Edit: Here's a SimC report for a 489 geared druid with no raid buffs except for self-provided ones:

This is with a slightly newer action list than Leafkiller's script but it should still be able to give you a good idea of how the specs compare. Something to keep in mind is that these numbers are averages over many many iterations, these are 7.5 minute fights and yet the best HotW parse is over 11k better than the worst DoC parse. You always have to take training dummy tests with a large grain of salt because if you don't do hours of testing your results will be very random.

Re: Ovale+DoC...underwhelming result?

Postby brettfirst » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:23 am

Awesome, thanks very much for this information.

Return to Kitty DPS