Register

Simulationcraft - Feral rotation discussion and script

Face-rippin fun.
Exalted

Re: Simulationcraft - Feral rotation discussion and script

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:33 pm

Force of Nature wasn't really that bad before the change. It was ahead of Incarnation by a little bit. Until we actually get numbers of the "Damage Boost" is no way to tell if it will over take SotF (doubtful). However it is pretty darn good in PVP, and I assume this will make it better.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:22 pm

I don't think we know anything about the scaling of the ability at the moment so there's no way to know. I can say that I hope they never buff that awful talent to the point where I have to use it in PvE :?
Last edited by aggixx on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honored

Postby Etapicx » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:48 pm

If i was developer i'd make FoN baseline talent together with HotW and workout two new talents but time is money i guess ^^

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:16 pm

There are several changes I would like to make. However I believe 5.2 is the squeaky wheel gets the grease patch. While there are things that don't work so well for feral we are very solid for pve and pvp. I am hoping our resto brothers and sisters get some pve love. They need it worse then we do.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:51 pm

Except they're nerfing the shit out of druids in 5.2 PvP :cry:

Honored

Postby Etapicx » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:10 am

aggixx wrote:Except they're nerfing the shit out of druids in 5.2 PvP :cry:

Regret so much i didn't go Resto this season in PvP

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:29 pm

@ Tinderhoof

I'd only agree to your point for 10man PVE raiding.

IMO in 25man raiding we are quite behind a quite major case, raid CDs and there lack of. I wouldn't call tranquility a raid CD, its so weak without HOTW. And hotw is way too big DPS tradeoff for a 1 tranqility.
The utility talents are quite awsome for PVE though. We are not alone in this aspect, only monks are worse, rogues have noone but they have decent cleave and everyone is miles behind warriors...

I'd say they either need to make warriors in line or give some raid perks especially to monks/ferals/rogues. Enh shamans are quite good.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:58 pm

I have to disagree about 25 man raiding. I raid 25's only and I have not had an issue pulling my weight damage wise. I know you are more progressed then me, but I do have 10 heroic kills done with out issues. As for utility my HotW tranq has saved several of our first kills. While I hate Symbiosis for the most part there are several times it has either assisted or achived a kill for us. Yes on multi target fights we are at a real disadvantage, however we can still contibute just fine with out being the top of the meters.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:57 am

Thrash (cat) and thrash (bear) are doing too little damage in the druid module. Problems I've identified:
  • AP coefficients are wrong. sc_druid is using 0.203 (initial) / 0.0936 (tick) for thrash (cat) and 0.162 (initial) / 0.0749 (tick) for thrash (bear). In-game, both thrash skills have coefficient 0.191 on the initial hit and 0.141 on each tick.
  • The initial hit for both thrash skills is not being counted as bleed damage, which means it's affected by armor and not affected by mastery. In-game, the initial hit counts as bleed damage.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:03 am

Stenhaldi wrote:Thrash (cat) and thrash (bear) are doing too little damage in the druid module. Problems I've identified:
  • AP coefficients are wrong. sc_druid is using 0.203 (initial) / 0.0936 (tick) for thrash (cat) and 0.162 (initial) / 0.0749 (tick) for thrash (bear). In-game, both thrash skills have coefficient 0.191 on the initial hit and 0.141 on each tick.
  • The initial hit for both thrash skills is not being counted as bleed damage, which means it's affected by armor and not affected by mastery. In-game, the initial hit counts as bleed damage.

Thrash bear does not benefit from mastery - only cat form bleeds do. Assuming you are correct about the coefficients being incorrect for Thrash (it is more likely that bear is wrong than it is for cat - but I will leave it to aggixx to investigate) then we will need to not only retest the bear thrash proposal, but also revisit the rules we have for thrash as it may make sense to hard cast it more than we currently do.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:05 am

Yes sorry I should have clarified -- I meant the initial hit on thrash (cat) is improperly being affected by armor and not affected by mastery, while the initial hit on thrash (bear) is improperly being affected by armor.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:30 am

Stenhaldi wrote:The initial hit for both thrash skills is not being counted as bleed damage, which means it's affected by armor and not affected by mastery. In-game, the initial hit counts as bleed damage.

What exactly leads you to believe this? I'm not sure how to tell the difference between bleed and non-bleed damage now that they deprecated SCHOOL_BLEED. As far as I can tell it doesn't even show up in the debug log with a "bleed" flag.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:34 am

I couldn't figure out how to tell from the code either. I just ran a simulation using only thrash_cat (or thrash_bear) and no procs, and the results matched that assumption exactly.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:47 am

Just posting my numbers -- might help anyone who wants to verify my assertions.

in-game damage values
  • Thrash (cat) initial: 1232+0.191*AP (affected by mastery)
  • Thrash (cat) tick: 686+0.141*AP (affected by mastery)
  • Thrash (bear) initial: 1232+0.191*AP (unaffected by mastery)
  • Thrash (bear) tick: 686+0.141*AP (unaffected by mastery)

simc damage values
  • Thrash (cat) initial: 1232+0.203*AP (unaffected by mastery, reduced by armor)
  • Thrash (cat) tick: 686+0.0936*AP (affected by mastery)
  • Thrash (bear) initial: 1232+0.162*AP (unaffected by mastery, reduced by armor)
  • Thrash (bear) tick: 686+0.0749*AP (unaffected by mastery [actually it was affected in the release version 510-7 that I ran, but you fixed that recently])

armor: 24835 on level 93 target, debuffed by 12% results in damage reduction 24835*.88 / (24835*.88 + 4037.5*90 - 317117.5 ) ~= 0.3209

Also remember to account for 4% physical damage debuff if it's active.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:51 am

Apparently with the removal of SCHOOL_BLEED, any physical damage that is periodic is a bleed and anything that is not is not a bleed. Rake is adjusted by having a "tick_zero" so that the DoT always instantly ticks once each time it is applied instead of having any direct damage, Thrash is a little more complicated because the coefficient for the direct damage vs tick damage is different.

I also realized that both versions of Thrash were set to DOT_CLIP instead of DOT_REFRESH so the remaining duration was never rolling over.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:46 am

With the help of serge (and by that I mean serge did all the work) thrash direct damage is now being calculated correctly: it now deals physical damage that penetrates armor and is multiplied by mastery, so is essentially equivalent to being a "bleed".

Took the time to implement the T15 feral set bonuses as they were datamined today:
aggixx wrote:Implemented the bonuses into SimC, and assuming I did it correctly the 2-piece is a 3.65% DPS gain, and the 4-piece is a 3.56% DPS gain. The only (relevant) changes I made to the action list was a reduction of the HT combo point threshold down to 3. Presumably there are more optimizations to be made, probably something regarding specific use of the 4p charges.

Here's a link to the report, if anyone's interested on specifics.

Here's the newest version of the profile. I moved all of the fillers into a sub action list, and then that action list is executed whenever a filler conditional is met (this much closer models how the ovale script functions, at least last I checked). I've also made a couple changes that I probably couldn't denote all of them if I wanted to.

Spoiler: show
#!./simc

druid="Druid_Feral_T14H"
origin="unknown"
level=90
race=troll
spec=feral
role=attack
position=back
professions=engineering=600/inscription=600
talents=010102
glyphs=savagery

$(rip_remains)=(dot.rip.remains+(8-(dot.rip.ticks_added*2)))

actions.precombat=flask,type=spring_blossoms
actions.precombat+=/food,type=sea_mist_rice_noodles
actions.precombat+=/mark_of_the_wild,if=!aura.str_agi_int.up
actions.precombat+=/healing_touch,if=!buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled
actions.precombat+=/cat_form
actions.precombat+=/treants,if=talent.force_of_nature.enabled
actions.precombat+=/savage_roar
actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
actions.precombat+=/virmens_bite_potion

actions=auto_attack
actions+=/skull_bash_cat
actions+=/berserking

#actions+=/use_item,name=eternal_blossom_grips,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.up
#actions+=/heart_of_the_wild,if=enabled
#actions+=/virmens_bite_potion,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.up|target.time_to_die<=40
#actions+=/wrath,if=cast_time<buff.heart_of_the_wild.remains
actions+=/cat_form,if=buff.cat_form.down

actions+=/healing_touch,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.predatory_swiftness.up&buff.predatory_swiftness.remains<=1.5&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down
actions+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.down

actions+=/healing_touch,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.predatory_swiftness.up&(combo_points>=4|(set_bonus.tier15_2pc_melee&combo_points>=3))&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.stack<2
actions+=/healing_touch,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&prev.natures_swiftness

actions+=/use_item,name=eternal_blossom_grips,sync=tigers_fury
actions+=/tigers_fury,if=energy<=35&!buff.omen_of_clarity.react
actions+=/berserk,if=buff.tigers_fury.up|(target.time_to_die<15&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains>6)
actions+=/natures_vigil,if=buff.berserk.up&talent.natures_vigil.enabled
actions+=/incarnation,if=buff.berserk.up&talent.incarnation.enabled

actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=1&dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<=2&target.health.pct<=25
actions+=/faerie_fire,if=debuff.weakened_armor.stack<3

actions+=/thrash_cat,if=target.time_to_die>=6&buff.omen_of_clarity.react&dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down

actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=(target.time_to_die<=4&combo_points>=5)|(target.time_to_die<=1&combo_points>=3)

actions+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&target.health.pct<25

actions+=/natures_swiftness,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down&buff.predatory_swiftness.down&combo_points>=5&target.health.pct<=25
actions+=/virmens_bite_potion,if=(talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&combo_points>=5&target.health.pct<=25&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up)|(!talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.berserk.up&target.health.pct<=25)|target.time_to_die<=40
actions+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&buff.virmens_bite_potion.up&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&dot.rip.multiplier<tick_multiplier&target.health.pct<=25&target.time_to_die>30
actions+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&tick_multiplier%dot.rip.multiplier>1.14&target.health.pct<=25&target.time_to_die>30
actions+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.health.pct<=25&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))&talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled
actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.health.pct<=25

actions+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<2.0&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up
actions+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<6.0&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&dot.rip.multiplier<=tick_multiplier&target.health.pct>25

actions+=/natures_swiftness,if=enabled&talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down&buff.predatory_swiftness.down&combo_points>=5&dot.rip.remains<3&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains)&target.health.pct>25
actions+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<2.0&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains)

actions+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.savage_roar.remains+2>dot.rip.remains
actions+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&!talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&!(dot.rip.remains<2.0&combo_points>=5&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains))

actions+=/thrash_cat,if=target.time_to_die>=6&buff.omen_of_clarity.react&dot.thrash_cat.remains<3

actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<=4

actions+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=6&combo_points>=5&buff.savage_roar.remains+2<=$(rip_remains)

actions+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&combo_points>=5&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))&buff.savage_roar.remains-6>=$(rip_remains)&$(rip_remains)>=4.5
actions+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&combo_points>=5&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))&buff.savage_roar.remains+6>=$(rip_remains)&$(rip_remains)>=6.5
actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&combo_points>=5&buff.savage_roar.remains-6>=$(rip_remains)&$(rip_remains)>=4
actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&combo_points>=5&buff.savage_roar.remains+6>=$(rip_remains)&$(rip_remains)>=6
actions+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&combo_points>=5&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))&$(rip_remains)>=10.5
actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&combo_points>=5&$(rip_remains)>=10

actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&($(rip_remains)>10|($(rip_remains)>6&buff.berserk.up))&dot.rip.ticking

actions+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die>3&dot.rake.remains<6.0&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&dot.rake.multiplier<=tick_multiplier
actions+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&tick_multiplier%dot.rake.multiplier>1.12
actions+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&dot.rake.remains<3.0&(buff.berserk.up|(cooldown.tigers_fury.remains+0.8)>=dot.rake.remains|energy>60)

actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=buff.omen_of_clarity.react
actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=((combo_points<5&dot.rip.remains<3.0)|(combo_points=0&buff.savage_roar.remains<2))
actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.predatory_swiftness.remains>1
actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=!talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&talent.soul_of_the_forest.enabled&combo_points<5&(energy+(energy.regen*(4-combo_points))>(5-combo_points)*20)
actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=target.time_to_die<=8.5
actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=(buff.tigers_fury.up|buff.berserk.up|buff.natures_vigil.up)
actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<=3.0
actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=energy.time_to_max<=1.0
actions+=/treants,if=talent.force_of_nature.enabled
actions+=/natures_swiftness,if=enabled&buff.natures_vigil.up&!buff.berserk.up&!buff.predatory_swiftness.up
actions+=/healing_touch,if=buff.natures_vigil.up&(buff.predatory_swiftness.up|buff.natures_swiftness.up)&!buff.berserk.up

actions.filler=/thrash_cat,if=dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&target.time_to_die>=6&combo_points>=5
actions.filler+=/ravage
actions.filler+=/thrash_cat,if=dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&target.time_to_die>=6&buff.berserk.up&talent.soul_of_the_forest.enabled&talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled
actions.filler+=/shred,if=buff.omen_of_clarity.react&buff.king_of_the_jungle.down
actions.filler+=/shred,if=buff.berserk.up&buff.king_of_the_jungle.down
actions.filler+=/mangle_cat,if=((combo_points<5&dot.rip.remains<3.0)|(combo_points=0&buff.savage_roar.remains<2))&buff.king_of_the_jungle.down
actions.filler+=/shred,if=buff.king_of_the_jungle.down

head=eternal_blossom_headpiece,id=86925,gems=agile_primal_80agi_160hit_180agi,reforge=exp_crit
neck=choker_of_the_unleashed_storm,id=86953
shoulders=eternal_blossom_spaulders,id=86927,gems=80agi_160hit_60agi,enchant=520agi_100crit,reforge=haste_mastery
back=legbreaker_greatcloak,id=86963,enchant=180hit,reforge=crit_exp
chest=eternal_blossom_raiment,id=86923,gems=80agi_160mastery_80agi_160mastery_120mastery,enchant=80all
wrists=bracers_of_unseen_strikes,id=86954,enchant=180agi,reforge=haste_mastery
hands=eternal_blossom_grips,id=86924,enchant=170mastery,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii,reforge=hit_mastery
waist=stalkers_cord_of_eternal_autumn,id=87180,gems=160agi_160agi,reforge=crit_mastery
legs=legguards_of_failing_purification,id=90504,gems=160agi_80agi_160hit_120agi,enchant=285agi_165crit,reforge=hit_exp
feet=boots_of_the_still_breath,id=86943,gems=160agi,enchant=140mastery,reforge=haste_mastery
finger1=regails_band_of_the_endless,id=90503,reforge=haste_mastery
finger2=painful_thorned_ring,id=86974,reforge=exp_crit
trinket1=terror_in_the_mists,id=87167
trinket2=bottle_of_infinite_stars,id=87057
main_hand=gaorei_staff_of_the_legendary_protector,id=87156,gems=500agi,enchant=dancing_steel,reforge=exp_hit,addon=7932sp

# Gear Summary
# gear_strength=80
# gear_agility=17296
# gear_stamina=20502
# gear_intellect=80
# gear_spirit=80
# gear_expertise_rating=2537
# gear_hit_rating=2545
# gear_crit_rating=5124
# gear_haste_rating=1351
# gear_mastery_rating=8406
# gear_armor=18644
# meta_gem=agile_primal
# tier14_2pc_melee=1
# tier14_4pc_melee=1
# hands=eternal_blossom_grips,heroic=1,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii
# main_hand=gaorei_staff_of_the_legendary_protector,heroic=1,weapon=staff_3.30speed_13314min_19972max,enchant=dancing_steel

PS: I found out after talking to reia a bit that apparently multi-target combo points aren't really supported by the sim (combo points are ONLY removed from a target when they are spent), so any AoE profile that generates combo points on multiple targets should be taken with a very large grain of salt.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:58 pm

aggixx wrote:PS: I found out after talking to reia a bit that apparently multi-target combo points aren't really supported by the sim (combo points are ONLY removed from a target when they are spent), so any AoE profile that generates combo points on multiple targets should be taken with a very large grain of salt.

Catus does this properly :D however when checking this (re: using Bear Thrash in AoE rotation), I realized that I didn't implement Rage generation (only consumption) so in my sims, the only way Maul was being cast was by consuming Clearcast, which is a considerable DPS loss :(

I like the filler sublist thing -- it really makes the action list more readable -- I'll add support for that tonight and test out the action list you linked.

Postby Yriss » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:41 am

@aggixx: is there any reason you put a mastery enchant on boots in your T14H profile instead of agility ?
For gloves i personally prefer a strength one, but i don't understand this choice for boots, did i miss something ?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:05 am

The reason is that the gear/enchants/gems were selected (by me! >.<) during MoP beta before we knew what was and what wasn't actually available to players. I'll see if I can fix those things right now.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:46 am

Alright, fixed gloves & boots enchant, as well as BMAH bracers and Unsok boots.

#!./simc

druid="Druid_Feral_T14H"
origin="unknown"
level=90
race=troll
spec=feral
role=attack
position=back
talents=010102
glyphs=savagery

actions.precombat+=/healing_touch,if=!buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled

actions=auto_attack
actions+=/skull_bash_cat
actions+=/berserking

#actions+=/use_item,name=eternal_blossom_grips,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.up
#actions+=/heart_of_the_wild,if=enabled
#actions+=/virmens_bite_potion,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.up|target.time_to_die<=40
#actions+=/wrath,if=cast_time<buff.heart_of_the_wild.remains
actions+=/cat_form,if=buff.cat_form.down

actions+=/healing_touch,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.predatory_swiftness.up&buff.predatory_swiftness.remains<=1.5&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down
actions+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.down

actions+=/healing_touch,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.predatory_swiftness.up&(combo_points>=4|(set_bonus.tier15_2pc_melee&combo_points>=3))&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.stack<2
actions+=/healing_touch,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&prev.natures_swiftness

actions+=/use_item,name=eternal_blossom_grips,sync=tigers_fury
actions+=/tigers_fury,if=energy<=35&!buff.omen_of_clarity.react
actions+=/berserk,if=buff.tigers_fury.up|(target.time_to_die<15&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains>6)
actions+=/natures_vigil,if=buff.berserk.up&talent.natures_vigil.enabled
actions+=/incarnation,if=buff.berserk.up&talent.incarnation.enabled

actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=1&dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<=2&target.health.pct<=25
actions+=/faerie_fire,if=debuff.weakened_armor.stack<3

actions+=/thrash_cat,if=target.time_to_die>=6&buff.omen_of_clarity.react&dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down

actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=(target.time_to_die<=4&combo_points>=5)|(target.time_to_die<=1&combo_points>=3)

actions+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&target.health.pct<25

actions+=/natures_swiftness,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down&buff.predatory_swiftness.down&combo_points>=5&target.health.pct<=25
actions+=/virmens_bite_potion,if=(talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&combo_points>=5&target.health.pct<=25&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up)|(!talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.berserk.up&target.health.pct<=25)|target.time_to_die<=40
actions+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&buff.virmens_bite_potion.up&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&dot.rip.multiplier<tick_multiplier&target.health.pct<=25&target.time_to_die>30
actions+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&tick_multiplier%dot.rip.multiplier>1.14&target.health.pct<=25&target.time_to_die>30
actions+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.health.pct<=25&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))&talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled
actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.health.pct<=25

actions+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<2.0&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up
actions+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<6.0&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&dot.rip.multiplier<=tick_multiplier&target.health.pct>25

actions+=/natures_swiftness,if=enabled&talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down&buff.predatory_swiftness.down&combo_points>=5&dot.rip.remains<3&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains)&target.health.pct>25
actions+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<2.0&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains)

actions+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.savage_roar.remains+2>dot.rip.remains
actions+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&!talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&!(dot.rip.remains<2.0&combo_points>=5&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains))

actions+=/thrash_cat,if=target.time_to_die>=6&buff.omen_of_clarity.react&dot.thrash_cat.remains<3

actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<=4

actions+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=6&combo_points>=5&buff.savage_roar.remains+2<=$(rip_remains)

actions+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&combo_points>=5&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))&buff.savage_roar.remains-6>=$(rip_remains)&$(rip_remains)>=4.5
actions+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&combo_points>=5&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))&buff.savage_roar.remains+6>=$(rip_remains)&$(rip_remains)>=6.5
actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&combo_points>=5&buff.savage_roar.remains-6>=$(rip_remains)&$(rip_remains)>=4
actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&combo_points>=5&buff.savage_roar.remains+6>=$(rip_remains)&$(rip_remains)>=6
actions+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&combo_points>=5&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))&$(rip_remains)>=10.5
actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&combo_points>=5&$(rip_remains)>=10

actions+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&($(rip_remains)>10|($(rip_remains)>6&buff.berserk.up))&dot.rip.ticking

actions+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die>3&dot.rake.remains<6.0&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&dot.rake.multiplier<=tick_multiplier
actions+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&tick_multiplier%dot.rake.multiplier>1.12
actions+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&dot.rake.remains<3.0&(buff.berserk.up|(cooldown.tigers_fury.remains+0.8)>=dot.rake.remains|energy>60)

actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=buff.omen_of_clarity.react
actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=((combo_points<5&dot.rip.remains<3.0)|(combo_points=0&buff.savage_roar.remains<2))
actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&buff.predatory_swiftness.remains>1
actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=!talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&talent.soul_of_the_forest.enabled&combo_points<5&(energy+(energy.regen*(4-combo_points))>(5-combo_points)*20)
actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=target.time_to_die<=8.5
actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=(buff.tigers_fury.up|buff.berserk.up|buff.natures_vigil.up)
actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<=3.0
actions+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=energy.time_to_max<=1.0
actions+=/treants,if=talent.force_of_nature.enabled
actions+=/natures_swiftness,if=enabled&buff.natures_vigil.up&!buff.berserk.up&!buff.predatory_swiftness.up
actions+=/healing_touch,if=buff.natures_vigil.up&(buff.predatory_swiftness.up|buff.natures_swiftness.up)&!buff.berserk.up

actions.filler=/thrash_cat,if=dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&target.time_to_die>=6&combo_points>=5
actions.filler+=/ravage
actions.filler+=/thrash_cat,if=dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&target.time_to_die>=6&buff.berserk.up&talent.soul_of_the_forest.enabled&talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled
actions.filler+=/shred,if=buff.omen_of_clarity.react&buff.king_of_the_jungle.down
actions.filler+=/mangle_cat,if=((combo_points<5&dot.rip.remains<3.0)|(combo_points=0&buff.savage_roar.remains<2))&buff.king_of_the_jungle.down

head=eternal_blossom_headpiece,id=86925,gems=agile_primal_80agi_160hit_180agi,reforge=exp_crit
shoulders=eternal_blossom_spaulders,id=86927,gems=80agi_160hit_60agi,enchant=520agi_100crit,reforge=exp_mastery
back=legbreaker_greatcloak,id=86963,enchant=180crit
chest=eternal_blossom_raiment,id=86923,gems=80agi_160mastery_80agi_160mastery_120mastery,enchant=80all
wrists=smooth_beetle_wristbands,id=86995,enchant=180agi,reforge=exp_hit
hands=eternal_blossom_grips,id=86924,enchant=170mastery,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii,reforge=hit_mastery
waist=stalkers_cord_of_eternal_autumn,id=87180,gems=80agi_160hit_160agi_60crit,reforge=crit_mastery
legs=legguards_of_failing_purification,id=90504,gems=160agi_80agi_160hit_120agi,enchant=285agi_165crit,reforge=hit_crit
feet=treads_of_deadly_secretions,id=86984,gems=80agi_160mastery_60exp,enchant=140agi,reforge=exp_hit
finger2=painful_thorned_ring,id=86974
main_hand=gaorei_staff_of_the_legendary_protector,id=87156,gems=500agi,enchant=dancing_steel,reforge=exp_crit,addon=7932sp

Messing with some T15 sims now.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:29 am

Need to go to sleep but I wanted to post this before I do. I was able to get approximately a 2.5k DPS gain for HotW and NV profiles just from adding hard thrashes. It's also a ~700 DPS gain for DoC but I feel there's a lot of missed potential there. DoC is a lot tighter obviously as you have to be careful to make sure you're not stealing energy that would otherwise allow you to use your PS at 4 cp, and you also have to make sure you're not stealing DoC stacks. Overall it's a smaller gain but 700 DPS isn't bad.

I also split the action list in two. Not sure how I feel about it yet but it does make it easier to change the two independently without screwing up the other.

#!./simc

druid="Druid_Feral_T14H"
origin="unknown"
level=90
race=troll
spec=feral
role=attack
position=back
talents=010102
glyphs=savagery

actions=/swap_action_list,name=doc,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled
actions+=/swap_action_list,name=nondoc,if=!talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled

actions.doc=auto_attack
actions.doc+=/skull_bash_cat
actions.doc+=/berserking
actions.doc+=/healing_touch,if=buff.predatory_swiftness.up&buff.predatory_swiftness.remains<=1.5&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down
actions.doc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.down
actions.doc+=/healing_touch,if=buff.predatory_swiftness.up&(combo_points>=4|(set_bonus.tier15_2pc_melee&combo_points>=3))&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.stack<2
actions.doc+=/healing_touch,if=prev.natures_swiftness
actions.doc+=/incarnation,if=enabled&energy<=35&!buff.omen_of_clarity.react&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains=0&cooldown.berserk.remains=0
actions.doc+=/use_item,name=eternal_blossom_grips,sync=tigers_fury
actions.doc+=/tigers_fury,if=(energy<=35&!buff.omen_of_clarity.react)|buff.king_of_the_jungle.up
actions.doc+=/berserk,if=buff.tigers_fury.up|(target.time_to_die<15&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains>6)
actions.doc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=1&dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<=2&target.health.pct<=25
actions.doc+=/faerie_fire,if=debuff.weakened_armor.stack<3
actions.doc+=/thrash_cat,if=target.time_to_die>=6&buff.omen_of_clarity.react&dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down
actions.doc+=/ferocious_bite,if=(target.time_to_die<=4&combo_points>=5)|(target.time_to_die<=1&combo_points>=3)
actions.doc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&target.health.pct<25
actions.doc+=/natures_swiftness,if=enabled&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down&buff.predatory_swiftness.down&combo_points>=5&target.health.pct<=25
actions.doc+=/virmens_bite_potion,if=(combo_points>=5&target.health.pct<=25&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up)|target.time_to_die<=40
actions.doc+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&buff.virmens_bite_potion.up&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&dot.rip.multiplier<tick_multiplier&target.health.pct<=25&target.time_to_die>30
actions.doc+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&tick_multiplier%dot.rip.multiplier>1.14&target.health.pct<=25&target.time_to_die>30
actions.doc+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.health.pct<=25&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))
actions.doc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.health.pct<=25
actions.doc+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<2.0&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up
actions.doc+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<6.0&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&dot.rip.multiplier<=tick_multiplier&target.health.pct>25
actions.doc+=/natures_swiftness,if=enabled&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down&buff.predatory_swiftness.down&combo_points>=5&dot.rip.remains<3&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains)&target.health.pct>25
actions.doc+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<2.0&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains)
actions.doc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&buff.savage_roar.remains+2>dot.rip.remains
actions.doc+=/thrash_cat,if=target.time_to_die>=6&buff.omen_of_clarity.react&dot.thrash_cat.remains<3
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<=4
actions.doc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=6&combo_points>=5&buff.savage_roar.remains+2<=$(rip_remains)
actions.doc+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=combo_points>=5&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))&buff.savage_roar.remains-6>=$(rip_remains)&$(rip_remains)>=4.5
actions.doc+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=combo_points>=5&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))&buff.savage_roar.remains+6>=$(rip_remains)&$(rip_remains)>=6.5
actions.doc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&buff.savage_roar.remains-6>=$(rip_remains)&$(rip_remains)>=4
actions.doc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&buff.savage_roar.remains+6>=$(rip_remains)&$(rip_remains)>=6
actions.doc+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=combo_points>=5&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))&$(rip_remains)>=10.5
actions.doc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&$(rip_remains)>=10
actions.doc+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die>3&dot.rake.remains<6.0&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&dot.rake.multiplier<=tick_multiplier
actions.doc+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&tick_multiplier%dot.rake.multiplier>1.12
actions.doc+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&dot.rake.remains<3.0&(buff.berserk.up|(cooldown.tigers_fury.remains+0.8)>=dot.rake.remains|energy>60)
actions.doc+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,for_next=1
actions.doc+=/thrash_cat,if=dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&target.time_to_die>=6&($(rip_remains)>=4|buff.berserk.up)
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=buff.omen_of_clarity.react
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=((combo_points<5&dot.rip.remains<3.0)|(combo_points=0&buff.savage_roar.remains<2))
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=buff.predatory_swiftness.remains>1
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=target.time_to_die<=8.5
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=(buff.tigers_fury.up|buff.berserk.up|buff.natures_vigil.up)
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<=3.0
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=energy.time_to_max<=1.0
actions.doc+=/treants,if=talent.force_of_nature.enabled

actions.nondoc=auto_attack
actions.nondoc+=/skull_bash_cat
actions.nondoc+=/berserking
#actions.nondoc+=/use_item,name=eternal_blossom_grips,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.up
#actions.nondoc+=/heart_of_the_wild,if=enabled
#actions.nondoc+=/virmens_bite_potion,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.up|target.time_to_die<=40
#actions.nondoc+=/wrath,if=cast_time<buff.heart_of_the_wild.remains
#actions.nondoc+=/cat_form,if=buff.cat_form.down
actions.nondoc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.down
actions.nondoc+=/incarnation,if=enabled&energy<=35&!buff.omen_of_clarity.react&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains=0&cooldown.berserk.remains=0
actions.nondoc+=/use_item,name=eternal_blossom_grips,sync=tigers_fury
actions.nondoc+=/tigers_fury,if=(energy<=35&!buff.omen_of_clarity.react)|buff.king_of_the_jungle.up
actions.nondoc+=/berserk,if=buff.tigers_fury.up|(target.time_to_die<15&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains>6)
actions.nondoc+=/natures_vigil,if=enabled&buff.berserk.up
actions.nondoc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=1&dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<=2&target.health.pct<=25
actions.nondoc+=/faerie_fire,if=debuff.weakened_armor.stack<3
actions.nondoc+=/thrash_cat,if=target.time_to_die>=6&buff.omen_of_clarity.react&dot.thrash_cat.remains<3
actions.nondoc+=/ferocious_bite,if=(target.time_to_die<=4&combo_points>=5)|(target.time_to_die<=1&combo_points>=3)
actions.nondoc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&target.health.pct<25
actions.nondoc+=/virmens_bite_potion,if=(buff.berserk.up&target.health.pct<=25)|target.time_to_die<=40
actions.nondoc+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&tick_multiplier%dot.rip.multiplier>1.14&target.health.pct<=25&target.time_to_die>30
actions.nondoc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.health.pct<=25
actions.nondoc+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<2.0&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains)
actions.nondoc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&!(dot.rip.remains<2.0&combo_points>=5&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains))
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<=4
actions.nondoc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=6&combo_points>=5&buff.savage_roar.remains+2<=$(rip_remains)
actions.nondoc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&($(rip_remains)>10|($(rip_remains)>6&buff.berserk.up))&dot.rip.ticking
actions.nondoc+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&tick_multiplier%dot.rake.multiplier>1.12
actions.nondoc+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&dot.rake.remains<3.0&(buff.berserk.up|(cooldown.tigers_fury.remains+0.8)>=dot.rake.remains|energy>60)
actions.nondoc+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,for_next=1
actions.nondoc+=/thrash_cat,if=dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&target.time_to_die>=6&($(rip_remains)>=4|buff.berserk.up)
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=buff.omen_of_clarity.react
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=((combo_points<5&dot.rip.remains<3.0)|(combo_points=0&buff.savage_roar.remains<2))
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=target.time_to_die<=8.5
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=(buff.tigers_fury.up|buff.berserk.up|buff.natures_vigil.up)
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<=3.0
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=energy.time_to_max<=1.0
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=talent.soul_of_the_forest.enabled&combo_points<5
actions.nondoc+=/treants,if=talent.force_of_nature.enabled
actions.nondoc+=/natures_swiftness,if=enabled&buff.natures_vigil.up&!buff.berserk.up&!buff.predatory_swiftness.up
actions.nondoc+=/healing_touch,if=buff.natures_vigil.up&(buff.predatory_swiftness.up|buff.natures_swiftness.up)&!buff.berserk.up

actions.filler+=/ravage

shoulders=eternal_blossom_spaulders,id=86927,gems=80agi_160hit_60agi,enchant=520agi_100crit,reforge=exp_mastery
back=legbreaker_greatcloak,id=86963,enchant=180crit
wrists=smooth_beetle_wristbands,id=86995,enchant=180agi,reforge=exp_hit
waist=stalkers_cord_of_eternal_autumn,id=87180,gems=80agi_160hit_160agi_60crit,reforge=crit_mastery
legs=legguards_of_failing_purification,id=90504,gems=160agi_80agi_160hit_120agi,enchant=285agi_165crit,reforge=hit_crit
feet=treads_of_deadly_secretions,id=86984,gems=80agi_160mastery_60exp,enchant=140agi,reforge=exp_hit
finger2=painful_thorned_ring,id=86974
main_hand=gaorei_staff_of_the_legendary_protector,id=87156,gems=500agi,enchant=dancing_steel,reforge=exp_crit,addon=7932sp

PS: This profile as SotF/DoC now pulls almost 129k DPS ;)

I also did a little messing with T15 like I said, but there wasn't much specific to T15 to test that wasn't better to test on the current stuff. I did do a stat weight run and with the way I implemented the 4p (the same as DoC, a parry or dodge still consumes a stack) Hit and Expertise destroy the other secondary stats (about 10% better than mastery) and it's still Mastery > Crit > Haste, Crit and Haste being notably closer together but there's still a fair sized gap.

Edit: Updated with some better thrash logic (including pooling). Here's a talent comparison as it is now:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1086121/simc_pr ... 42251.html

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:35 pm

I like the hard Thrash thing --- 90%+ uptime on Thrash/Cat.

It's interesting to see how the WaitTime(%) is significantly lower for DoC/SotF. I find that in practice, one of the biggest problems with DoC is that there are brief periods of time where too many things to execute, and having to blow a spell-gcd for HT for 0 damage with tons of buffs active, seems really clunky.

As our 10-man raid pushes on through more Heroics, I agree with Dought's assessment that HotW is the way to go until things can be out-geared or your raid roll allows you to tunnel DPS. Not because DoC is necessarily more complex, but because it requires more GCDs and is very punishing if you make a mistake.

I almost wish Blizzard would revisit DoC, possibly nerfing it's potential damage, but relaxing the rotation a bit (longer PS duration or 3 charges instead of 2). I find DoC pretty much unusable in PvP (8sec CC vs 7sec PS + Battle Fatigue + no PvP power on Feral healing). The T15 bonuses are evidence that Blizzard wants us to play DoC in PvE but it seems silly if we can't effectively use our max DPS rotation on progression without a lot of fluctuation in our performance due to mistakes.</rant>

Also, the SotF+HotW rotation doesn't show any HT casts, meaning the T15 bonus (on PS consumption) isn't active (unless those results are for T14).

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:34 pm

Yes, I'm aware that I haven't added handling of the T15 bonus for nondoc. I also haven't added sub 4cp doc usage either (for using HTs before low CP SRs).

Raffy, do you have the time to check over the tick_modifier parts of the action list in Catus? As you probably know the tick_modifier implementation in SimC encompasses much less than the full picture, and it would be nice to get some reinforcement on the concepts from a sim that fully supports that sort of thing as far as if there is better threshold values, if it's even worth doing at all, etc.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:31 am

Sure, what would you like me to do? You're curious about the 15% threshold? So try a range of settings? Possibly split Rake/Rip into separate thresholds?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:40 am

Yeah pretty much just mess around with the thresholds and see what happens. Maybe try changing the BitW rip overwrite line to the way rake has it, tick_multiplier%dot.rip.tick_multiplier>1.xx and mess with it from there.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS