Register

A little gear question...

Face-rippin fun.

A little gear question...

Postby Dolenraug » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:30 pm

Greetings to you all.

I don't know if this question is worth starting a new post, but after a bit of "research" i just have to, so sorry.

I have Bonebreaker Guantlet Ilvl 483 (LFR) equipped right now, but I have won the Eternal Blossom Grips Ilvl 483 (LFR) twice now, and my question is should I switch? The reason i ask are I'm not that good with numbers, but I lose one socket if i switch.

Thanks for help!

Best Regards
//Dolenraug

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... g/advanced <--- My Char

Re: A little gear question...

Postby Vaporgriffin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:52 pm

If the gloves would give you a 2pc or 4pc set bonus, then go with the tier gloves, otherwise the Bonebreaker gauntlets are better because you can get more Agi out of them with the socket. The secondary stats are pretty meh on both gloves.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:55 pm

After looking at your gear, keep them but don't wear them yet. The stats on the offset gloves are better. Even more so are the offset pants. You want to focus on getting the 4p bonus with out using the legs. Keep you offset items till you can get 4p with the legs as the offset.

Postby Dolenraug » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:After looking at your gear, keep them but don't wear them yet. The stats on the offset gloves are better. Even more so are the offset pants. You want to focus on getting the 4p bonus with out using the legs. Keep you offset items till you can get 4p with the legs as the offset.

Thank you very much for your answer!

Just so i got it right, I will focus on getting 4p bonus but without my pants I'm having now? So, it will mean that Spaulders, Head, Gloves and Chest (Raiment) is the thing I'm out for, and gone with the legs?

Regards

//Dolenraug

Postby Jaymzhendo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:15 pm

Yes 4pc tier but NOT tier legs. Legs come from Protectors (first boss in Terrace).

Postby Dolenraug » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 pm

Jaymzhendo wrote:Yes 4pc tier but NOT tier legs. Legs come from Protectors (first boss in Terrace).

Ah, thank you very much!

Postby Dolenraug » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi, again....

I just need to get things clear about thouss pants, i have now the 496 pants (from World Boss Sha), should i swap them against the LRF Pants? Cuz i will not get the pants from ordinary Raid in soooome while...

Thanks!

//Dolenraug

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... g/advanced <-- My dude

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:17 pm

Assuming you're talking about the LFR Protector's pants vs. Normal Tier pants - keep the tier pants. I'm guessing the increase in AGI because of item level will make up for the 'meh' secondary stats.

Postby Dolenraug » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Dysheki wrote:Assuming you're talking about the LFR Protector's pants vs. Normal Tier pants - keep the tier pants. I'm guessing the increase in AGI because of item level will make up for the 'meh' secondary stats.

Thank you very much! Then it's a keeper.

Best Regards!

//Dolenraug

Postby Jaymzhendo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:33 pm

IF you can have 4 pc without the pants. I'd use the LFR pants. It's 69agi vs 685 mastery (and 151 hit)... in this case the "meh stats" are better in my personal opinion.

Postby Dolenraug » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:49 am

Jaymzhendo wrote:IF you can have 4 pc without the pants. I'd use the LFR pants. It's 69agi vs 685 mastery (and 151 hit)... in this case the "meh stats" are better in my personal opinion.

Oh, so the http://www.wowhead.com/item=89978/leggu ... rification are better than

http://www.wowhead.com/item=85310/etern ... -legguards <--- That one if I can have 4 piece?

So sorry for my "dumb" questions, but this math-thingy aren't my strong side, i just like hitting people...

Best Regards!

Honored

Postby adianar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:53 am

I believe Jaym and Tinder were both suggesting that you need to keep your 4pc tier bonus first. BUT, you should look to replace your tier pants FOR the protector's pants when you can have BOTH the 4pc Tier bonus AND the protector's pants.

Hate to put words in other folks mouths, but the 4pc is a pretty good bonus and you should look to maintain that first.

Adi

Postby Jaymzhendo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:39 pm

Adianar is correct - you must keep the 4pc above all else.

IF YOU KEEP THE 4PC -- Then the answer to your question, IMO, is yes. LFR Pants are better than Tier Pants. But it's not by much, so it's really not that big of a deal.

Postby Dolenraug » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Than you so vey much for clearing this out, and i'm sorry if i didn't get taht at first.

Best Regards!

//Dolenraug

Return to Kitty DPS