Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Postby aggixx » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Looking at some logs, that doesn't seem to be the case. The SpellID of the recipient varies depending on what they recieve (for obvious reasons), but the spellID of the druid is always 110309.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:19 pm

When I'm able to check tonight, I'll do an event trace and see if SPELL_CHANGED is properly firing when a druid casts Symbiosis on a target.

Postby Cerise » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:51 am

Jeshu, thank you for your own version of the Feral Ovale script. I decided to test it out yesterday and compare it to the Leaf script. On the training dummy, your script was a DPS increase.

Next, I tried it on our HC AmberShaper raid last night. It's working well, except for the fact that it keeps telling me to put up faerie fire every 6 seconds. This strongly intervenes with the standard rotation. This isn't happening on the training dummy (where it just refreshes every 30 seconds or so), just in raids. We run with 1 feral, 1 guardian and 1 dps warrior, so perhaps it has something to do with other people overwriting the armor debuff?

As a temporary 'fix', I've commented out all the lines in the code that say:
#if target.DebuffStacks(weakened_armor) <3 FaerieFire()

It doesn't suggest faerie fire at all then, but that's better than having it pop up all the time (in my opinion).

Thanks again Jeshu :)

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:57 am

There's an error in my script that isn't checking for Weakened Armor properly. It can be cast by anyone, but the script only checks if it was cast by the druid, so it suggests FF every time it gets overwritten by another class. I'll be releasing an update in the next day or so to fix that along with some other fixes to other class scripts. I'll also probably add a toggle to allow disabling the FF suggestions altogether.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:59 am

Also, I want to reiterate that all thanks should really go to aggixx for his SimC work. My Ovale script is just a faithful translation of the SimC action list.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Have been working on some updates for the script but I have a couple issues left that I can't resolve. First off, here's the full script: http://pastebin.com/Cz3SBFNq

The first thing is I can't seem to get the cooldown code working with Incarnation (from line 375):
Code: Select all
    #incarnation,if=energy<=35&!buff.omen_of_clarity.react&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains=0&cooldown.berserk.remains=0
    #use_item,name=eternal_blossom_grips,sync=tigers_fury
    #tigers_fury,if=(energy<=35&!buff.omen_of_clarity.react)|buff.king_of_the_jungle.up
    #berserk,if=buff.tigers_fury.up|(target.time_to_die<15&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains>6)
    if {{Energy() <=35 and BuffExpires(CLEARCASTING)} or BuffPresent(INCARNATION_CAT)} and Spell(TIGERS_FURY)
    {
        if CheckBoxOn(berserk) and Spell(BERSERK_CAT)
        {
            if TalentPoints(INCARNATION_TALENT) Spell(INCARNATION_CAT)
            Spell(BERSERK_CAT)
        }
        Spell(TIGERS_FURY)
    }
    if CheckBoxOn(berserk) and BuffPresent(TIGERS_FURY) Spell(BERSERK_CAT)

The idea is that if the user has the checkbox "berserk" checked and they have Incarnation then the script should show Incarnation -> Berserk, if they don't have Incarnation it should show only Berserk, and if the checkbox isn't checked at all it should only show Tiger's Fury. For some reason Incarnation is never showed regardless of if the user has Incarnation.

Secondly, this rake code (from line 467):
    #rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&dot.rake.remains<6.0&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&dot.rake.multiplier<=tick_multiplier
    if target.TimeToDie() >3 and target.DebuffRemains(RAKE) <6 and BuffPresent(DREAM_OF_CENARIUS_DAMAGE) and RakeTickDamageRatio() >=100 Spell(RAKE)
    #rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&tick_multiplier%dot.rake.multiplier>1.12
    if target.TimeToDie() >3 and RakeTickDamageRatio() >=112 Spell(RAKE)
    #rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&dot.rake.remains<3.0&(buff.berserk.up|(cooldown.tigers_fury.remains+0.8)>=dot.rake.remains|energy>60)
    if target.TimeToDie() >3 and target.DebuffRemains(RAKE) <3 and {BuffPresent(BERSERK_CAT) or Energy(more 60)
        or {SpellCooldown(TIGERS_FURY) +0.8 } >=target.DebuffRemains(RAKE)}
        Spell(RAKE)

As you can see in the comments the sim does a calculation to see if applying rake would allow for at least 1 additional tick to happen before the target dies. I tried to do "target.TimeToDie()-target.DebuffRemains(RAKE) >3" but the behavior seems to become that the lines never evaluate to true while there is a rake on the target.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:34 pm

The second code fragment you gave is an interesting Ovale bug in how it does computations on variable quantities. Let me push out a beta that might fix that.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:23 pm

I've released Ovale 5.1.9. The following expression should now return what you would expect it to:
target.TimeToDie() - target.DebuffRemains(rake)

That was a bug that's been lurking in the Ovale code since the MoP release, but only affected you if you were trying to add or subtract two variable quantities. It didn't affect you if (as in most scripts) you were only adding or subtracting variables with constants.

Thank you for that remarkable catch of the bug and producing a small code example that I could use as a test case.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:28 pm

You're very welcome, it didn't seem like I was doing anything wrong so I figured something was probably up :D

No comments on the first issue?

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:58 pm

I've investigated the code problem with Incarnation and Berserk, and I've figured out what's happening. It has to do with Incarnation being a GCD-locked spell, whereas Berserk is an off-GCD spell. If you've just cast a spell, e.g., Mangle, and are waiting for the GCD to come back around, the icon will show Berserk because Incarnation isn't "ready" while Berserk is. If you're not casting anything, then it will show Incarnation over Berserk because Incarnation is "ready".

In your code, you can try replacing the berserk_cat suggestion with:
if not TalentPoints(incarnation_talent) or BuffPresent(king_of_the_jungle) Spell(berserk_cat)

That should delay suggesting Berserk until after Incarnation is up if you have the talent, or otherwise just suggests Berserk.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:24 pm

That was it, thanks.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:15 pm

@aggixx: I merged your pullup request on GitHub and pushed a new release of Nerien's Ovale Scripts that contains the merged code.

The 2.1.17 release of Nerien's Ovale Scripts includes aggixx's latest SimC action list work (not yet available in the SimC repository).

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:39 pm

The script uses the latest action list in the SimC rotation discussion thread, which likely won't ever be available with SimC as it's not designed with playability in mind. It's very similar to the default SimC script but uses some more advanced calculations in places.

A couple comments before people ask, it does a few things that the scripts in the past have not, like maintaining thrash on a single target. This will lead to slightly lower rip uptimes and having to refresh SR a bit more often, especially for people at lower gear levels, but the sim work I've done indicates it's at least neutral in the worst gear possible.

In addition to that, it will occasionally decide to wait to refresh SR until it reaches 0 seconds, this (in theory) allows you to get more CP before it needs to be refresh, but feel free to refresh it when there's a few tenths of a second left instead of waiting until it falls off.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Version 2.1.17 of Nernian's of the script using Ovale 5.1.9 isn't functioning right.

Its assuming DoC rotation even though I'm HotW, its also acting as if frontal attack even though that checkbox isn't checked. Not sure if its an Ovale issue or a code issue since both got updated at the same time.

EDIT: Reverting to version 2.1.16 of Nernian's fixes all problems (and keeping ovale 5.1.9), I'll use this for now. I tried reinstalling .17 after but the problem returned so that's defiantly where the issue lies.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:38 pm

ShmooDude wrote:Version 2.1.17 of Nernian's of the script using Ovale 5.1.9 isn't functioning right.

Its assuming DoC rotation even though I'm HotW, its also acting as if frontal attack even though that checkbox isn't checked.

It uses mangle to accelerate combo point generation when Rip or SR need refreshing, so that's working as intended. That does remind me that I forgot to make the frontal attacks checkbox do anything, unless that's what you meant.

As far as the DoC thing, I noticed that at one point but I thought I tested it and it worked fine (apparently not! heh).

I've made a pull request with the fixes and those issues should be solved as soon as Jeshu can push a new release.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:55 pm

aggixx wrote:I've made a pull request with the fixes and those issues should be solved as soon as Jeshu can push a new release.

Version 2.1.18 of Nerien's Ovale Scripts has been released with the pullup request merged.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Thanks Jeshu. And I apologize to anyone that had issues with it, I should have tested it more thoroughly.

Postby Vaults » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:25 pm

Hello,

I use Leafkiller's Script for my feral druid and since the newest version (2.1.18) I noticed a few things:

- When the checkbox for FF is unmarked , it seems FF still appears in the rotation
- I saw that sometimes Mangle may appaer in your rotation in case to maintain SR and Rip up, if they are about to expire or they already are. Is there any way you can disable Mangle to stop appearing? Is this can be done via the Frontal Attack checkbox? I made a few tests nothing changed no matter if the checkbox is marked or unmarked.

I got the following error while I was raiding, I've should copy/paste tho -.-:

http://i.imgur.com/TB4zJM1.png

Regards

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:31 pm

The mangle thing is working as intended, see my post a few up for more info. Committed a fix for FF issues.

Jeshu would have to comment on the LUA Error, I'm pretty terrible at debugging and it might not even be a problem with the script.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:37 am

@Jeshu, Tinder and aggixx:

I have not played at all since I shut down my raid team (my wife is using my account for farming if any of you see me on your friends list).

Tinder told me he has been very busy and as a result my script is no longer current.

So my question is, should my script be removed from the Nerien's addon now, and should we direct everyone to Jeshu's script? Rotationally, Jeshu's script is more current now. My main question is what, if any impact the switch would have from a UI perspective? I have not tried Jeshu's script so I don't know what can be toggled on/off nor what utility boxes there are, nor how it handles Guardian in addition to Feral. One possibility would be to wrap some of the toggles I had around Jeshu's script, but I am dubious that is worth doing.

My main concern is to ensure that the feral community continues to have the highest quality Ovale script available, and that clearly is Jeshu's script now, especially with all the rotation refinements that aggixx continues to make.

What do you guys think is the best course of action going forward?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:56 am

I've updated your script as of a few days ago, just working out some minor bugs with it now (since I scrapped a lot of code and missed things when I reimplemented). I haven't done the best job with communicating with Tinder about it but for now things are handled.

A lot of the credit should go to Jeshu though because I shamelessly stole a lot of his script and then reworked it into something that would fit.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:26 am

I have been trying out Jesu's script for the last 2 days. Visually it is very different from yours. I think there can be some refinements made to timing of things (adjust PS usage a little). I love the way the bear script was setup (AOE on the right single on the left). I would like to make an adjustment to that though cause it's a little off for single target. I have some time Sunday to go over what I have seen in the adjustments of both scripts. If you both are free we could meet in <insert favored voice chat> and talk it up. Let me know in a PM if that sounds good.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:26 am

Tinderhoof wrote:I have been trying out Jesu's script for the last 2 days. Visually it is very different from yours. I think there can be some refinements made to timing of things (adjust PS usage a little). I love the way the bear script was setup (AOE on the right single on the left). I would like to make an adjustment to that though cause it's a little off for single target. I have some time Sunday to go over what I have seen in the adjustments of both scripts. If you both are free we could meet in <insert favored voice chat> and talk it up. Let me know in a PM if that sounds good.

Hai Tinder <3

So I updated Ovale and Nerian today and I see you talking about Jeshu's script. In my Nerian I see LeafKiller's Script and Nerian's Script. Is Nerian's Script Jeshu's or is there a script I'm missing?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:23 am

Sorry for the confusion. Jeshu = Nerian. He uses Jeshu as the name here in the forums, so I tend to call him that here.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:45 am

Vaults wrote:I got the following error while I was raiding, I've should copy/paste tho -.-:

http://i.imgur.com/TB4zJM1.png

This should be fixed in the next release of Ovale. Thanks for the screenshot of the error!

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS