Register

DroodFocus Setups

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

DroodFocus Setups

Postby Karve » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:38 pm

Hello all, I'm new to the forums here, but not to feral dps. My question pertains to those that use DroodFocus. I haven't really been using any druid specific addons since Wrath. I was able to get away with a lot due to just my ability to quickly pickup changes in the spec. However, this expansion with SR back to its Wrath state and other added changes I've had quite a harder time keeping up with everything. Once upon all I needed was the addon, ClassTimer, and I was good to go in any raid. I've decided to give DF a try because it looks to be the best at showing all the information necessary to be able to maximize my dps and survivability. Currently I am in the process of setting it up. I was wondering how others had it setup because I don't see the default setup being the best in my situation. Thank you for any and all feedback. :D

Exalted

Re: DroodFocus Setups

Postby aggixx » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:45 pm

I don't use DroodFocus for a whole lot (I use WeakAuras pretty heavily as well), but maybe this can give you an idea of how you might want to set yours up:

http://imgur.com/St2zBF6,2kLO7Vb

The first image indicates which functionality is provided by which addon and the second is the original screenshot.

Postby Vaporgriffin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:49 pm

aggixx wrote:I don't use DroodFocus for a whole lot (I use WeakAuras pretty heavily as well), but maybe this can give you an idea of how you might want to set yours up:

http://imgur.com/St2zBF6,2kLO7Vb

The first image indicates which functionality is provided by which addon and the second is the original screenshot.

I believe the nameplate addon that shows debuffs like that is Tidyplates/ Threatplates - ElvUI is just the addon compilation that includes it. (In case anyone wants it without installing ElvUI)

Postby Karve » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:53 pm

Ahh, thanks for the picture. It gives some nice insight. I already am running Tukui, TidyPlates, and WeakAuras. :)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:53 pm

No, I'm pretty sure the ElvUI nameplates are developed by Elv and not available as an individual addon. Tidyplates can do very similar things (as well as a couple other nameplate addons) but it's not the same addon.

Postby Karve » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Is the version of SBF working on Curse or is it more up-to-date on another site? I'd say debuffs aren't well covered in my current UI.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Should be, yes, although I will warn you it's not the easiest addon to setup.

Postby Karve » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:01 pm

I used it back in BC(I think it was)/Wrath. My interfaces change so much it hurts at times. However, I always tend to find a dps increase with a new UI.

Postby Vaporgriffin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:09 pm

aggixx wrote:No, I'm pretty sure the ElvUI nameplates are developed by Elv and not available as an individual addon. Tidyplates can do very similar things (as well as a couple other nameplate addons) but it's not the same addon.

Ah my bad - it looks almost identical and I wasn't aware that ElvUI was more than just a compilation.

Return to Kitty DPS