Register

Checking in

Face-rippin fun.

Checking in

Postby Clucker » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Fluid druid has been an excellent resource for me, I recently made the switch to feral because our guilds dps was lacking. This is the first tier of raiding I have done as feral and I love it. The rotation is challenging and takes thought to plan it out.

Now what I'm wondering about is if one of you have some time to let me know how my dps is doing in regards to my iLvL. I just got my Gao-Rei last night and haven't used it in any raids. I someone haven't gotten my 4 piece, had some really bad luck in the department.

I don't find using DoC to be terribly difficult, but I'm also not sure that I am optimizing it either. I practiced a bunch with Ovale and now I use Drood Focus. The biggest thing I have issues with are when SR and Rip are on similar timers. What I usually try to do is use atleast 4CP SR and then get to a Rip.

I try and keep Rake and Rip up with as many buffs as possible. I'm wondering how long it is worth it to throttle Tigers in order to get some buffed bleeds.

Other than that just looking for some tips that I can work on to maximize my dps.

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/190495/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Clucker/advanced

Exalted

Re: Checking in

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi Clucker. Welcome to the community.

Gear:
You are about 100 over your exp cap. Right now you are getting 180 expertise from socket bonuses (belt and boots) at the cost of Agility. Your over abundence of Exp is about to get worse when you add the new tier helm you just got into the mix (you should really add it). Make sure you are making use of a reforger app like AMR or WowReforge.
2. You really should only go for a socket bonus if it is Agility (chest, belt, boots). If not just load it up with straight Agi gems.

Questions:
If you catch that both Rip/SR are sync'd up early (like right after applying a Rip) you can make plans to avoid an issue. It is a balancing act with energy. The more combo points you spend on SR the lower the energy cost (only 5 at 5 points). So you have the right idea, just try and avoid clipping SR to soon if you can avoid it.

You shouldn't hold TF longer then a second or two to buff bleeds. Doing so will just desync it further from Berserk and end up not being worth it. It's ok to refresh Rake after you TF though (the ovale script will have you do that a lot).

Logs:
I only have time to check on the Feral friendly fights (Feng and Gara'Jahl).
Feng
- Your SR time is 91%. This needs to be as close to 100% as possible. Even if you are running out for stuff keep it up at all costs.
- You only used 6 TF's during the fight. There is about a full minute in the middle where you forgot to use it at all.
- You only used Berserk 1 time and didn't sync it with TF. On a fight like Feng you should open with TF and Berserk and use your final one during the burn phase at the end. Always us TF and Berserk together. Same goes for Berserking and synapse springs.
- NS usage is good, but could be a little better (not a big deal).
- Your Rip and Rake uptimes are very good.

Gara'Jahl
- Sync'ing cooldowns was much better here.
- It looks like bleed times were much lower, though I am going to blame that on your tank being the one logging (his log won't see you when he is in the spirit relm).
- Same as above with SR. Try to make sure this is up all the time.
- You should use TF Berserk in the opening as soon as possible to make the most use of your prepot.

As you ranked on both fights you know you are doing pretty well. The above suggestions will take you higher then you are now. Keep it up!

Postby Clucker » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks for the quick response Tinder.

Been trying to catch you online since you're on my server.

I used to raid with Abbador as Boomkin, slap him around for me.

Yeah I just ranked on those fights last night, we were just plowing through MSV to get our new tank some gear. Thanks for all the advice though, much appreciated.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:34 pm

No problem. I will be sure to slap Abba around for you.

Postby Clucker » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Updated gems and reforges, little bit short on exp and hit but it's at a point i'm fine with. Changed gems etc.

Return to Kitty DPS