Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Postby Jeshu » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:51 am

Steakbomb wrote:So I updated Ovale and Nerian today and I see you talking about Jeshu's script. In my Nerian I see LeafKiller's Script and Nerian's Script. Is Nerian's Script Jeshu's or is there a script I'm missing?

Yes, Jeshu == Nerien. Jeshu is my druid and Nerien is my shaman, both on US-Alexstrasza. I chose "Jeshu" as my handle on these forums so if anyone ever looked me up in the Armory, they wouldn't be all "WTF is this shaman posting about ferals?!" ;-)

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:03 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:I have been trying out Jesu's script for the last 2 days. Visually it is very different from yours. I think there can be some refinements made to timing of things (adjust PS usage a little). I love the way the bear script was setup (AOE on the right single on the left). I would like to make an adjustment to that though cause it's a little off for single target. I have some time Sunday to go over what I have seen in the adjustments of both scripts. If you both are free we could meet in <insert favored voice chat> and talk it up. Let me know in a PM if that sounds good.

I was experimenting with the layout for the feral rotation, and there are things I would like to improve now that I've had a chance to play my druid more extensively (he's finally 90!). I had originally split off TF into a separate icon because I thought there might be fights where I would want to delay it (in Deathwing finale in DS, I would delay it so I could Swipe+TF+Swipe down bloods, but I wanted to keep showing usable actions in the main icon). I need to adjust that TF icon so it shows all of the time and just goes from red to non-red when it's time to use it.

I also have to take another look at the single-target bear in my script. I found too much dead time in the rotation now that I've had a chance to tank more extensively.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Leafkiller wrote:So my question is, should my script be removed from the Nerien's addon now, and should we direct everyone to Jeshu's script? Rotationally, Jeshu's script is more current now. My main question is what, if any impact the switch would have from a UI perspective? I have not tried Jeshu's script so I don't know what can be toggled on/off nor what utility boxes there are, nor how it handles Guardian in addition to Feral. One possibility would be to wrap some of the toggles I had around Jeshu's script, but I am dubious that is worth doing.

I will take a closer look at the Leafkiller script and see what toggles I might be able to port over to mine. Mine's is a pretty basic conversion of the SimC action list without too many bells and whistles. It does do Guardian as well as Feral since those are the two specs that I play and I pretty much live and die with Ovale now when I'm raiding, so I'm motivated to get those right.

Leafkiller wrote:My main concern is to ensure that the feral community continues to have the highest quality Ovale script available, and that clearly is Jeshu's script now, especially with all the rotation refinements that aggixx continues to make.

aggixx has already ported over some of the stuff that I did into the Leafkiller script. From what he's said earlier in the thread, the Leafkiller one is actually more advanced than the Nerien one because it's using an action list that will probably never make it into SimC, so I would still suggest people use the Leafkiller script first if they are feral.

My plan for now is to keep basing the Nerien script on the published SimC action list and let you excellent ferals maintain the Leafkiller script with more recent ideas. It can serve as a baseline for comparison of different action lists in actual gameplay through Ovale.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:32 pm

aggixx wrote:The mangle thing is working as intended, see my post a few up for more info. Committed a fix for FF issues.

I didn't post here, but I did push out version 2.1.19 of Nerien's Ovale Scripts with the changes mentioned above.

@aggixx: Belatedly, thank you very much for submitting pullup requests via GitHub. I makes my life a lot easier than directly accessing CurseForge.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:39 pm

Tinder, for some reason you aren't on my RealID anymore. IDK if you remember me but we used to raid in Kill Order together. When that died and I ended up in Excessive Gaming I ended up taking a break for the rest of Cata. When I came back you weren't on my RealID anymore.

Anyways. I was testing both scripts on the target dummy last night and it seems that LeafKiller's script(as outdated as it may be) is still about 5-7k sustained dps higher than Jeshu's.

Now this could be because the UI look of Jeshu's is so different. I personally have LeafKiller's script set to just the 1 big button and everything hidden. Jeshu's UI looks so vastly different it may have just been throwing me off.

Is there a way to get Jeshu's script down to just a single big button to show?

If need be I can post a SS of how I have LeafKiller's script set up.

I don't need any of the other buttons to show as I use DroodFocus to track everything else.

Thanks for all the hard work. Makes my life as a feral so much easier

EDIT: Also, is Agixxx and Tinder updating Jeshu's or Leaf's script? I would like to be using the one that's being worked on all the time

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:19 pm

I remember you Steak (and your Sid the Sloth voice in vent). My realID list has grown quite a bit and folks that have a last logged in 6 months ago tend to fall off it.

Now on to the questions.
1. The look of Jeshu's script is part of how it was programmed. Modifications could be made to make it look more like Leaf's, but it's not something that can be done by just the available check boxes. After using it for a few days it feels the design fits with the ele shaman play style (unsurprising based on Jeshu's main). Lots of short cooldown abilities and procs lend well to the suggestion boxes poping in and out. Some people will like it, others will perfer Leaf's style.

2. Jeshu is working on his at the same time as Aggixx on Leaf's script. Both are pretty up to date. As Jeshu stated above he is using an almost direct port from our SimC script which Aggixx has written. Leaf did a lot of work to even out the SimC script some to make it fit more for human responses for his Ovale script. I haven't had time to do a direct compare so I couldn't say which feel's "Optimal". I will say that for best results you should go with what you are comfortable with (IE Leaf's).

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Leafkiller's script is entirely up to date and was updated by me with the help of Jeshu. It should yield higher DPS because it uses smart dot clipping based on the power of your dots whereas Jeshu's script does not (because the default SimC action list does not).

I don't believe there is a way to condense Jeshu's script into a single display. That's probably the biggest thing that differentiates it from Leafkiller's script in how it chooses to present information to the user.

Edit: Tinder beat me to the response.
Last edited by aggixx on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:28 pm

I also have to take another look at the single-target bear in my script. I found too much dead time in the rotation now that I've had a chance to tank more extensively.

The tweak I would make is for Faerie Fire. It should have a higher priority then Lacerate in the single target rotation. It ends up doing more damage/threat and seems to proc Mangle more often. I believe currently the script is only having you use FF to keep the armor debuff up. That tweak should get rid of all of the extra down time you are seeing.

Fixed that for ya ;^ )

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Nope, never happened. I don't know what you're talking about.

In 5.1 Bear FF is bugged and resets your swing timer, so I have it disabled in Leafkiller's script other than to maintain Weakened Armor, and then it fills gaps with swipe.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Arielle got them to fix it and I thought it made it into a hotfix. Do you know for sure if it's still on live and we have to wait for 5.2?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:09 pm

I was under the distinct impression that it was fixed on PTR but not hotfixed, testing it now.

Edit: Nope, definitely not fixed on live.

[04:10:42 PM] Your Melee hit Training Dummy 1 Physical. (15348 Overkill)
[04:10:44 PM] Your Faerie Fire hit Training Dummy 1 Nature. (28033 Overkill) (Critical)
[04:10:46 PM] Your Melee hit Training Dummy 1 Physical. (14586 Overkill)

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:

The tweak I would make is for Faerie Fire. It should have a higher priority then Lacerate in the single target rotation. It ends up doing more damage/threat and seems to proc Mangle more often. I believe currently the script is only having you use FF to keep the armor debuff up. That tweak should get rid of all of the extra down time you are seeing.

Ah, I see what I'm doing wrong. I had misunderstood the conclusion of a report that on the live servers FFF was resetting the melee swing timer. I should still use FFF when there's nothing else to do, it should just be lower priority than Thrash for now.

According to the Guardian Guide at the Inconspicuous Bear, the three abilities Thrash, FFF and Lacerate all have a 25% chance to reset Mangle's CD on hit, so they should just be ordered based on damage, so Lacerate > Thrash (if DoT < 6s left) > FFF > Thrash. I see now that I've mis-implemented this in the script and will change that for the next release.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:33 pm

aggixx wrote:I was under the distinct impression that it was fixed on PTR but not hotfixed, testing it now.

Edit: Nope, definitely not fixed on live.

[04:10:42 PM] Your Melee hit Training Dummy 1 Physical. (15348 Overkill)
[04:10:44 PM] Your Faerie Fire hit Training Dummy 1 Nature. (28033 Overkill) (Critical)
[04:10:46 PM] Your Melee hit Training Dummy 1 Physical. (14586 Overkill)

Damn.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:14 am

aggixx wrote:Leafkiller's script is entirely up to date and was updated by me with the help of Jeshu. It should yield higher DPS because it uses smart dot clipping based on the power of your dots whereas Jeshu's script does not (because the default SimC action list does not).

I don't believe there is a way to condense Jeshu's script into a single display. That's probably the biggest thing that differentiates it from Leafkiller's script in how it chooses to present information to the user.

I didn't realize you were updating the script. I am glad to hear you updated it :)

How does it feel to play with your latest changes?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:21 am

There are a few nuances with SR usage as well as thrash being in the rotation now, but otherwise it plays (unsurprisingly) similarly.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:57 am

It might be worthwhile to put an link or at least a reference to this Fluid Druid forum thread in the Leafkiller script comments near the top so that people might be redirected to here if they have questions or comments about the script. I doubt anyone other than me is motivated to check the Curse.com comments for the addon ;-)

Postby Ugadaga » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:00 am

Hi I noticed , that in new Leafkiller's version Tiger's Fury is not showing up in rotation at all (regardless Berserk is used, on cd, available). It is only visible as available in right cooldown box, but never in main attack or predictive box. However if i turn off "Cat Berserk" in addon, it becomes available and is suggested into rotation in main attack box .

I am also getting following error from time to time.

Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
Date: 2013-02-16 15:55:13
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
   attempt to index local 'elementA' (a nil value)
Debug:
   [C]: ?
   Ovale\OvaleBestAction.lua:477: Compute()
   Ovale\OvaleBestAction.lua:693: Compute()
   Ovale\OvaleBestAction.lua:418: Compute()
   Ovale\OvaleFrame.lua:174: OnUpdate()
   Ovale\OvaleFrame.lua:70:
      Ovale\OvaleFrame.lua:69
AddOns:
  Swatter, v3.2.4 (<%codename%>)
  ACP, v3.4.1
  ArkInventory, v30325
  ArkInventoryRules, v
  Auctionator, v3.1.2
  BigWigs, v3.902
  Chinchilla, vv2.5.10a
  DebuffFilter, v3.22
  epgplootmaster, v0.6.32
  epgplootmasterml, v0.6.32
  Grid2, vr697
  Grid2LDB, vr697
  Grid2Options, vr697
  Grid2RaidDebuffs, vr697
  Grid2RaidDebuffsOptions, vr697
  NeedToKnow, v4.0.12
  NerienOvaleScripts, v2.1.19
  Omen, v3.1.8
  Ovale, v5.1.10
  Postal, v3.5.1
  Prat30, v3.5.4     
  Prat30Libraries, v
  Quartz, v3.1.1
  Recount, v
  ReforgeLite, v1.23
  Scrap, v11.7
  ScrapMerchant, v
  ScrapSpotlight, v
  ShadowedUnitFrames, vv3.7.4
  SimpleComboPoints, v1.3.1
  TidyPlates, v6.8.3 (R561)
  TidyPlatesGraphite, v
  TidyPlatesGrey, v
  TidyPlatesNeon, v
  TidyPlatesQuatre, v
  TidyPlatesThreatPlates, v6.008
  TidyPlatesHub, v
  TidyPlatesWidgets, v
  WeakAuras, v1.4.7.8
  XLoot, vz10a-release
  XLootFrame, vz10a-release
  XLootGroup, vz10a-release
  XLootMaster, vz10a-release
  XLootMonitor, vz10a-release
  BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v5.1.0.50100 <eu>
  (ck=415)
Hopefully this is place to report this. If not feel free to redirect me :-) , I am new to feral druid forums. Thank you for good job !

Postby Cerise » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi I noticed , that in new Leafkiller's version Tiger's Fury is not showing up in rotation at all.

I've noticed the same problem.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 pm

I thought that was how the script had always worked? It's assumed that when it shows Berserk you're supposed to hit your TF+Berserk macro. I wouldn't know because I've never used the Cat Berserk option outside of testing the script. Perhaps it would be appropriate to show TF in the main box and Berserk in the predictive box to indicate that the user should activate both at the same time, but that also causes some clutter. I might have to look at how exactly it was implemented before the changes.

Honored

Postby Vami » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:05 pm

aggixx wrote:I thought that was how the script had always worked? It's assumed that when it shows Berserk you're supposed to hit your TF+Berserk macro. I wouldn't know because I've never used the Cat Berserk option outside of testing the script. Perhaps it would be appropriate to show TF in the main box and Berserk in the predictive box to indicate that the user should activate both at the same time, but that also causes some clutter. I might have to look at how exactly it was implemented before the changes.

I think they mean that the script never shows TF, not even when you should use it by itself. Although, I don't know whether it's intended (that you should always check the CD and the energy yourself) or not.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Ah, gotcha. That makes more sense. Will commit a fix tonight.

Edit: Alright done. Also fixed a small issue I noticed where it would tell you to activate TF during Berserk while Incarnation was up.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:30 am

Can someone tell me how to make conditional checkbox to disable mangle in standard rotation? Due to brain memory it's just cousing me doing errors yet, would take a while to get used to it which I don't see a point to :P

Postby Ugadaga » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:03 am

I reinstalled addon and running with 2.1.20. I am seeing same results. If "Cat Berserk" is checked , Tiger's Fury is not in rotation and using it in berserk macro only is not an option. (TF every 3 minutes)
If you uncheck "Cat Berserk", you have to decide , when to use your Berserk macro and Tiger's Fury will be shown in rotation correctly almost on cooldown.

I fully agree that having berserk macro and decide yourself when to use berserk based on encounter or procs is smarter. I am just pointing out that "Cat Berserk" option, which is default, would require player to decide, when to use Tiger's Fury.

EDIT: works perfect in 2.1.21
Last edited by Ugadaga on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:05 pm

aggixx wrote:Ah, gotcha. That makes more sense. Will commit a fix tonight.

Edit: Alright done. Also fixed a small issue I noticed where it would tell you to activate TF during Berserk while Incarnation was up.

I've pushed version 2.1.21 with these fixes.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Can someone tell me how to make conditional checkbox to disable mangle in standard rotation? Due to brain memory it's just cousing me doing errors yet, would take a while to get used to it which I don't see a point to :P

Using mangle to minimize rip downtime is more energy efficient. That is why you would want to get used to it. Removing it would be a dps loss. I know it is a dps loss now but it will be worth it when you get there.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS