Register

Ji-Kun

Site Admin

Ji-Kun

Postby Alaron » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:45 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics, monk tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Ji-Kun encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Honored

Re: Ji-Kun

Postby Sorcerer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Just a side note to this boss

- I managed to miss the jump by overshoting 2-3yards while being in caster form, no feline and just boots. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Jumping in cat form is a guaranteed fail by miles, not even feline swiftness.

I hope something will be done about this.

Honored

Postby Vami » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Some platforms are closer, some further away. You might just fly over your platform in normal form without any speedbuffs as well, if you platform happens to be the one lowest and closest to the main platforms. Backpeddling down from the mainplatform can get you to the middle of some platforms, and on some of them you need to jump or have some kind of speed buffs. You can also jump a bit sideways to the closest platforms: that way you don't need to do the backpeddling to be sure to hit the platform.

Postby schams » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:17 am

If you play with DoC make sure you get it up before going to the nests. So the first Trash and Swipe is more powerfull.
You can get dispersion to soak 2-3 puddles at one time.
Stampede glyph is must have for this fight.

Postby rhastah » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:20 am

This seems to be another really good fight to leave the kitty on the boss. Managed 92.9% rip uptime on our best attempt, stampeding roar pretty invaluable, wild charge is awesome, and several emergency options available that other classes can't provide.

I'm sure we'd be ok at the platforms too, but IMO we're better suited to staying on the boss. Any differing opinions?

Also any suggestions on best symbiosis target for this? I tried spirit wolves but didn't keep me alive standing in bird poop, thought about dispersion or pally bubble but they'd lower my dps so haven't tried yet.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:50 am

rhastah wrote:This seems to be another really good fight to leave the kitty on the boss. Managed 92.9% rip uptime on our best attempt, stampeding roar pretty invaluable, wild charge is awesome, and several emergency options available that other classes can't provide.

I'm sure we'd be ok at the platforms too, but IMO we're better suited to staying on the boss. Any differing opinions?

Also any suggestions on best symbiosis target for this? I tried spirit wolves but didn't keep me alive standing in bird poop, thought about dispersion or pally bubble but they'd lower my dps so haven't tried yet.

Kitty burst is amazing on the first lower platform and will allow you to get the damage buffs in at the start of the fight, then if you have enough dps, against just before the boss hits 20% so you can pop your 3rd zerk + pots with Primal Nutriment up. This should give you much higher efficiency on your dps than staying on the main platform all the time (speaking for 25man, no idea how many eggs nests have on 10man).

Honored

Postby Vami » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:22 am

I'd put symbiosis on a dps warrior for this fight. Shattering Blow for us and Stampending Roar for them = winwin.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:37 pm

My only problem (in LFR) was being too good at fighting the wind which blows you back. I found myself first back in melee and got smacked by the boss a few times. Will probably be better with a guild tank (and me watching out for it).

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:42 pm

While personally I hate charge when I have to pick between charge and runspeed since MoP, its probably better on this fight. You can charge windblast or w/e its called.

Postby Karve » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:32 am

RareBeast wrote:My only problem (in LFR) was being too good at fighting the wind which blows you back. I found myself first back in melee and got smacked by the boss a few times. Will probably be better with a guild tank (and me watching out for it).

Yeah, I had this my first time through. Not an amazing fight, but I love the room itself.

Postby Qualiti » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:49 am

Alpheus wrote:
rhastah wrote:This seems to be another really good fight to leave the kitty on the boss. Managed 92.9% rip uptime on our best attempt, stampeding roar pretty invaluable, wild charge is awesome, and several emergency options available that other classes can't provide.

Kitty burst is amazing on the first lower platform and will allow you to get the damage buffs in at the start of the fight

THIS.

On our first heroic kill I managed to get 9 primal nutrient buffs fully maximizing my feather charges.

platform 1: pick an egg and single target it... IF your dps is good enough you can manage to kill the egg before the first feed young lands, you have to hit that feather the second you get it, make sure you're standing on the egg you're single targeting. Once you get the buff throw up a thrash or swipe if needed and head to the platform for rape dps :]

platform 3: make sure you're down earlier than later, but this time 2-3 seconds after feed young casts use your last feather charge from platform 1 BEFORE it lands and BEFORE you get your new feather.

platform 7?: BE EARLY! feed young comes VERY fast on this one, single target an egg as quickly as possible, hit fly and help aoe as best as you can leaving 3 seconds or so to fly back up to the main platform.

platform 9: same as 3.

If you're fortunate enough to be able to be primarily on ji-kun this is your best bet as far as maximizing buffs. You can easily have primal nutrients for 80% of the fight.

Hope this helps anyone trying to squeeze some dps.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:41 pm

I assume you are talking about 10 man? This strat isn't really possible on 25 man with out having your guild make exceptions for you. 25 man you need to save your 3rd and final feather to fly up to the higher up platforms to kill eggs. The upper platforms don't drop feathers, so we get feathers on 1st and 7th instead of every platform. So we can get 2 nutrients per feather (maybe 3 for the burn phase).

Postby Qualiti » Mon May 27, 2013 12:27 am

Tinderhoof wrote:I assume you are talking about 10 man? This strat isn't really possible on 25 man with out having your guild make exceptions for you. 25 man you need to save your 3rd and final feather to fly up to the higher up platforms to kill eggs. The upper platforms don't drop feathers, so we get feathers on 1st and 7th instead of every platform. So we can get 2 nutrients per feather (maybe 3 for the burn phase).

Yeah, I was referring to 10 man. I didn't realize it was so much different on 25. I manage to put up some really good numbers on ji-kun(10h), I think it's one of those fights feral is very strong at, It's probably my favorite fight so far as a DPS in ToT.

Honored

Postby Ekthelion » Mon May 27, 2013 6:11 am

Yes, in 25m you want to be in a group which starts on the first nest down there so you almost always go down. That means you can use all the feathers to get the primal nutriment buff.
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!

Return to Boss Archives