Register

Shattering Blow Symbiosis

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Shattering Blow Symbiosis

Postby Elamari » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:11 pm

In patch 5.2 the symbiosis version of Shattering Blow will have a cast time to be the same as the Warriors. How useful do you guys think this will be compared to how it is now? Would the gain to the raid still be greater than the personal dps loss?

Thoughts?
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Exalted

Re: Shattering Blow Symbiosis

Postby aggixx » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:22 am

Just speculating here, but In 10m it should become a bit more questionable than it already was, and in 25m it should still be a clear gain.

That said, it is now a huge pain in the ass to use. Proper usage will probably be to get down to sub 70 energy, Shattering Throw, and then TF+Berserk etc. Now that it has a 1.5 second cast time using it during berserk is probably a huge no-no, although flooding energy during Berserk is going to start to be a real problem in T15 for DoC.

Personally, if I don't really need any other things from Symbiosis I'll probably be taking Dispersion or Divine Shield just for an extra cooldown unless the fight is a clear DPS check or the raid leader requests otherwise.

Postby Daidrak » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:39 am

50 energy and the cast time...fuck that

Honored

Postby Etapicx » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:52 am

It would really depend for example if we really need to burn something or if we have a mechanic that increases damage taken over a short period of time I'd probably go for Shattering Throw else Divine Shield Dispersion or Play Dead(Yes I'm a sheep fuck)

Postby Karve » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:36 pm

How much of a dps increase is Shattering Blow in the grand scheme of things?

I'm quite unlucky and have only had one chance to use Shattering Blow outside of LFR. And it was the first MSV we did so I normally end up taking Dispersion or if it's only myself and the DK tank I'll symbosis a pally for an extra brez in case I die. I just wish my raid group was more consistent. We just got into MSV(many had already done it but a bunch of jerks ruined raiding in the guild so they quit for a while) and it's a very casual group. Half of us have been consistent, but then half the time we either need a tank or heals and someone has to use a different character. Plus other problems so I almost forget about Symbosis due to worrying about everyone getting the strategy. That said I love the current Normal modes after dabbling in early Normals in Cata this is refreshing. Cheers!

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:15 pm

I've just come to love SoulSwap. Switching bleeds from Garalon's legs to the body, from constructs to the boss in Ambershaper (so they don't kill the raid member before they can get out of the construct). It's quality of life as well as potential DPS gain.

Symbiosis is also really good at convincing my raid to get one of the other hybrids to switch to heals when we need another heals. Everytime they make me do it I symbiosis our priest and life grip raid members on CD (between boss attempts - not during). I try and make sure I cycle through everyone so as not to show favoritism :)

Return to Kitty DPS