Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Postby Moonwisp » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:08 pm

I noticed the script was acting very different than it had been too, with wanting you to use mangle a lot more, even behind bosses and wanting me to Faerie Swarm even when it was up on the boss to begin with. I also noticed last night it was wanting me to Thrash when Clearcasting wasn't up.

However it looks like you guys are aware of the issues, or changes. Now I just need to get used to them!

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:49 pm

The faerie swarm thing is bug that was fixed two versions ago I believe, the other two as you said are intended.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:Can someone tell me how to make conditional checkbox to disable mangle in standard rotation? Due to brain memory it's just cousing me doing errors yet, would take a while to get used to it which I don't see a point to :P

Using mangle to minimize rip downtime is more energy efficient. That is why you would want to get used to it. Removing it would be a dps loss. I know it is a dps loss now but it will be worth it when you get there.

Its more about brain lag seeing something new beside the fact I know when to switch to mangle, but I guess its time to get used to it before 5.2

Honored

Postby ellorien » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:20 pm

Hello,

I noticed, apart from the new Mangle for Rip/ SR change, that the script wants Thrash to be used even without a clearcast proc. So we should always keep Thrash up 100% on single target, regardless of clearcast?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:57 pm

Thrash is a lower priority, but yes the script will try and have a high uptime with thrash.

Honored

Postby ellorien » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 am

Thank you!

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:00 pm

I've made a new release of Ovale that includes the script manager that was in Nerien's Ovale Scripts. You should update your addons to the following releases:

• Ovale 5.1.13
  • Nerien's Ovale Scripts 2.1.23

The separate entry in the Interface->Addons panel for Nerien's Ovale Scripts is gone. You can choose which script you would like to use by selecting it in the window opened by "/ovale code". Ovale also now saves custom scripts as well.

Aside from the script manager, there is one fix to the combo point tracker that ferals should be affected by in some cases where there is lag.

Postby taco2105 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:32 pm

i get the whole thrash showing up but im still missing why mangle is showing up when im behind the boss. i recently came back to my druid so i can play ihm for 5.2 and im just trying to get everything ready for patch. i read the first few pages then skipped to end so if it is stated in the last few pages please just direct me to the page and ill read for myself again sorry if it was already stated

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:34 pm

Yes this is expected. It is more energy efficent to use Mangle when getting combo points are more importent. Like when Rip or SR is about to fall off, or on the opening when Rip isn't up yet.

Postby taco2105 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:46 pm

oh ok ty

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Is there anyone on the PTR that could tell me the buff ID of the proc for the Rune of Re-Origination? I'm trying to get my Ovale script working properly when 5.2 hits.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Define(RUNE1 139121)
SpellInfo(RUNE1 duration=10)
Define(RUNE2 139117)
SpellInfo(RUNE2 duration=10)
Define(RUNE3 139120)
SpellInfo(RUNE3 duration=10)
SpellList(RUNE_OF_REORIGINATION RUNE1 RUNE2 RUNE3)

Postby averter » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:45 am

How does Rip +15% buff fit into it?
Spoiler: show
Define(RIP 1079) #cat bleed
SpellInfo(RIP resetcounter=ripshreds duration=16 energy=30 tick=2 combo=0)
SpellInfo(RIP base=112.76 bonuscp=320 bonusapcp=0.0484) # damage coefficients
SpellAddTargetDebuff(RIP RIP=1)
SpellDamageBuff(RIP DREAM_OF_CENARIUS_DAMAGE=1.25)
# Rip functions
AddFunction RipTickDamage
{
# Damage(rip) == { 113 + (320 * CP) + (0.3872 * AP * CP) } * DamageMultiplier(rip)
Damage(RIP) * {1 + Mastery()/100}
}
AddFunction LastRipTickDamage
{
# Damage(rip) == { 113 + (320 * CP) + (0.3872 * AP * CP) } * DamageMultiplier(rip)
LastSpellEstimatedDamage(RIP) * {1 + LastSpellMastery(RIP)/100}
}

On another thread it is mentioned how Damage() is calculated. What or where is bonusap * AP part if compared to Damage(rip) calculation comment?
Spoiler: show
(base
+ bonuscp * combo
+ bonusap * AP
+ bonusapcp * AP * combo) * damageMultiplier

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:21 am

Update for RPPM (as of March 4th):

RealPPM Functionality Changes
We changed RealPPM to use your true melee haste or spell haste (whichever is higher) to scale the proc rate instead of attack speed or casting speed. The difference is that things that buff your attack speed (such as the raid buff or Slice and Dice) do not increase the frequency of RPPM procs. True haste boosts, such as Bloodlust or haste rating on gear will improve proc rate. We felt this change was necessary to balance proc rates among different specs.

I guess this will be rather minor for us and is more involved with the rogue/enh shaman shenanigans and high meta gem/dancing steel/RPPM trinket uptime for them.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:54 pm

As we have no attack speed buffs like slice and dice we are not affected at all.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:57 pm

It's ~4.5% nerf to the proc rate of RPPM for Feral. We lose the benefit of the 10% Attack Speed raid buff on our trinkets, and Spell Haste then becomes our highest haste due to the Spell Haste raid buff.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:27 pm

@aggixx: I have added some new features to the Ovale script language to make certain types of scripts easier to write.
  • HasTrinket(id) can be used to check if a particular trinket is equipped.
  • ItemList(name id ...) gives the listed item IDs a common name.
Example usage:
Code: Select all
ItemList(rune_of_reorigination 94532 95802 96546)
AddIcon {
    if HasTrinket(rune_of_reorigination) DoStuff()
    If not HasTrinket(rune_of_reorigination) DoOtherStuff()
}

I hope this helps with translating your latest SimC action list.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:12 pm

averter wrote:How does Rip +15% buff fit into it?

Whether that buff went live or not it shouldn't have much effect on calculations. The likely case is that they would increase both the base damage and the scaling by 15% meaning using the old formula will still give the same ratios, you'll only run into issues where you're explicitly comparing damage values between different skills.

Jeshu wrote:@aggixx: I have added some new features to the Ovale script language to make certain types of scripts easier to write.
  • HasTrinket(id) can be used to check if a particular trinket is equipped.
  • ItemList(name id ...) gives the listed item IDs a common name.
Example usage:
ItemList(rune_of_reorigination 94532 95802 96546)
AddIcon {
    if HasTrinket(rune_of_reorigination) DoStuff()
    If not HasTrinket(rune_of_reorigination) DoOtherStuff()
}

I hope this helps with translating your latest SimC action list.

Awesome, looks quite useful. I'll probably try to get a bit more robust Rune implementation into the script (as well as possibly some stuff with Rip clipping) this weekend.

On a related topic, how would you suggest I check (instead of blindly assuming) that Rune is proccing mastery for the user and not some other stat?

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:42 pm

aggixx wrote:On a related topic, how would you suggest I check (instead of blindly assuming) that Rune is proccing mastery for the user and not some other stat?

I think the mastery Rune proc has spell ID 139120, so you can check for that one explicitly in the code and otherwise ignore the other two procs, e.g.
Define(rune_mastery 139120)
AddIcon {
    if BuffPresent(rune_mastery) DoStuff()
}

I would think that the only two relevant procs are the mastery and crit ones because they increase DoT damage. The haste proc should simply increase energy regen for a few seconds and shouldn't be affecting the action list in any way other than giving us free fillers or extra FBs.

Looking at the T15H-BiS SimC feral profile, there are 21363 secondary stat points split between haste, crit and mastery, so assuming roughly 8000 rating on the maxed stat, you'd be gaining around 13000 rating on that stat with the proc. With the crit proc, that would be an increased 21.67% crit chance. Assuming that a cat has roughly 40% crit chance when raid buffed, that yields an average of 15.48% increased damage to a DoT due to the proc. With the mastery proc, that additional 13000 rating would increase the mastery effect by an additional 22.5%. Assuming a cat has roughly 75% mastery effect when raid buffed, that yields 12.86% increased damage to a DoT due to the proc.

Since the gains are both significant, you would treat the two procs in the same way in the action list. Right now, I don't tag the crit chance of a DoT in Ovale when it was applied, but I will probably have to add that information so that we can get accurate estimates on the estimated damage of a DoT tick.

[edited to fix erroneous statement about mastery]

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:36 am

Your math seems quite off... the BiS profile gains 26360 rating to mastery when the rune procs, and 26360 rating should be 137.51% bleed damage, or a 74.99% increase in bleed damage. To crit instead, it would gain 20.93% chance to crit or a 14.79% gain in overall damage. That's uh... quite a large difference.

That said, I suppose it would make sense that the different spell IDs are for different proc types, considering the item level scaling takes care of the need to have multiple procs for the different trinkets.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:18 am

So I spent some time revising the precombat Savage Roar code a bit to more accurately reflect what somebody should be doing to game the DOT_REFRESH behavior to start the fight with the longest SR possible, and this was the code I ended up with:
if Glyph(GLYPH_OF_SAVAGERY) {
    if TimeToMaxEnergy() < BuffRemains(SAVAGE_ROAR_GLYPHED)-11.5
    or BuffRemains(SAVAGE_ROAR_GLYPHED) <9 and TimeToMaxEnergy() < BuffRemains(SAVAGE_ROAR_GLYPHED)-8.5
    or BuffRemains(SAVAGE_ROAR_GLYPHED) <6 and TimeToMaxEnergy() < BuffRemains(SAVAGE_ROAR_GLYPHED)-5.5
    or BuffRemains(SAVAGE_ROAR_GLYPHED) <3 and TimeToMaxEnergy() < BuffRemains(SAVAGE_ROAR_GLYPHED)-2.5
    or BuffExpires(SAVAGE_ROAR_GLYPHED) {
        SavageRoar()
    }
}

It's a bit more unwieldy than I would like it but it works like I want it to, but I don't know of a better way. A way to find the remainder given a number and its divisor would probably help a lot.

I also ran into an issue where I could not use "SAVAGE_ROAR" which I presume is because it is SpellList'd to two spell IDs that have different set durations, but I later realized there was no point in using "SAVAGE_ROAR" as a user without the glyphed version isn't capable of doing this anyway. Not sure if that's a bug or not but I can elaborate if needed.

Edit: Also, it seems that ItemList() does not work at all. I'm on PTR and it seems to always return false regardless of if I have the trinket equipped or not:
Define(WRATH 5176)
Define(MOONFIRE 8921)

ItemList(ROR_ITEM 94532)

AddIcon help=main mastery=2 {
    if HasTrinket(ROR_ITEM) Spell(WRATH)
    unless HasTrinket(ROR_ITEM) Spell(MOONFIRE)
}

That always shows Moonfire. However if I change the conditionals to "HasTrinket(94532)" it seems to work as expected (shows Wrath when the trinket is equipped and Moonfire when it is not).

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:50 pm

An error crept into the implementation of HasTrinket() between 5.2.4 and 5.2.5. It has been fixed in 5.2.6 to work properly with ItemList names.

I can add a modulo operator to Ovale without much trouble, but what exactly is that SR code trying to say?

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:02 pm

@aggixx: One thing that helps when working on Ovale scripts is checking the "unknown spells" debug option (after "/ovale debug"). It'll warn of unknown spell names that it sees used in your script. There are a few in the Leafkiller script that appear right now, probably some leftovers from merging some of the code from my script:
  • faerie_swarm
  • faerie_fire
  • savage_roar_glyphed
  • savage_roar

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:25 am

Jeshu wrote:An error crept into the implementation of HasTrinket() between 5.2.4 and 5.2.5. It has been fixed in 5.2.6 to work properly with ItemList names.
I can add a modulo operator to Ovale without much trouble, but what exactly is that SR code trying to say?

In a nut shell, if the user has full(ish) energy and SR has at least 11.5 seconds remaining, they should be spamming the key. If they don't, they should refresh SR within a 0.5 second window after a "tick" when they have full energy. The end result is that the user should end up with the SR duration hovering between 12 and 15 seconds and their energy should be full around the 13 second mark.

This is what it looks like in-game:
http://youtu.be/TC1UPnNEIlQ

Jeshu wrote:@aggixx: One thing that helps when working on Ovale scripts is checking the "unknown spells" debug option (after "/ovale debug"). It'll warn of unknown spell names that it sees used in your script. There are a few in the Leafkiller script that appear right now, probably some leftovers from merging some of the code from my script:
  • faerie_swarm
  • faerie_fire
  • savage_roar_glyphed
  • savage_roar

The latter two I fixed in a commit earlier today and the former I fixed just now. They were both just functions that I had carried over that weren't being used.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:22 pm

In an attempt to curb the amount of "Why is it telling me to mangle?":

I've made a pull request that, once Jeshu approves it, will greatly increase the amount of mangle usage in the script. SimC is showing that mangling instead of shredding when you're not flooding with energy is a 500-1500 DPS gain in BiS gear. I've also tested this without the set bonuses and it is still a gain.
Last edited by aggixx on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS