Register

Symbiosis staying on?

Face-rippin fun.

Symbiosis staying on?

Postby Wicks » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:01 pm

Did you guys notice that Symbiosis now stays on even after you left the group - and its usable.

Did I miss this change from the patch notes somewhere, or is this just a bug? Sorry if this was discussed already and I missed it.

Honored

Re: Symbiosis staying on?

Postby Vami » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Got the same bug at least. Left the raid and still able to use Spirit Wolves. I'd assume it's a bug, though, no info about it anywhere.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:29 pm

I think it is an unintended side effect. 5.2 made a change to symbiosis to keep it from droppin off if you released during a raid. It now stays on until the buff wears off. Leaving the group and it not canceling the buff is likely caused by this change. It's nice not to have to reapply every attempt now.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:31 pm

Awesome! Does that mean I can have more fun with Lifegrip shenanigans!! :)

Also means if you don't have your preferred class in raid you can find someone else to party with and Symbiosis them then join the raid group?

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:47 pm

I noticed this as well, in fact - today was the first time that I've noticed Symbiosis EXPIRE, ever.

Honored

Postby AsgardFM » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:19 pm

I've found a further extent of this bug in my last raid, Symbiosis stayed on a target after it was removed and applied elsewhere. We had 3 people with a Symbiosis ability from 2 Druids.

Couldn't replicate this though, and the ability in question wasn't much use to us, but it caused a bit of confusion.

Return to Kitty DPS