Register

Megaera

Site Admin

Megaera

Postby Alaron » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:45 pm

This topic is for discussing Feral DPS tactics, monk tactics and/or general raid strategies for the Megaera encounter.

Please feel free to post tips, tricks, videos or ask questions. I will do my best to keep the top post updated with information as it arrives.

When discussing, please mention raid size (10/25) and difficulty (normal/heroic).

Re: Megaera

Postby Vaporgriffin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:12 pm

I'm curious about positioning on this one as well as Tortos - is there a way for us to use Shred on the heads, or do we glyph Tiger's Fury and just suck it up?

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:53 pm

No issues to shred.

Postby Yriss » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:08 am

u can shred easily at least during "normal phase", but during wild phase (few secounds), perhaps u'll have to mangle a bit, depending on your strat/heals

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:17 am

Lots of damage taken in 10 normal. Looks like we'll have to 4 heal it. (and i'll be HotW for the last rampage)

Postby Vaporgriffin » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:05 pm

I can second a recommendation for HotW on this fight - the tranq is a big help around the 7th Rampage, and since we switch from head to head relatively rapidly, it's tough to make good use of the DoC rotation.

Also, not using DoC means you can save your Predatory Swiftness procs for just after the Acid Splash pops - as long as you're 20-ish yards away you don't take much damage, and I was seeing the PS-HT topping me most of the way up. It also really helps during the Rampage to be able to pop your PS procs when you need the healing, rather than when it's most effective in the rotation.

I also use Glyph of Shred because there were times, particularly when stacking for Rampage, that positioning for regular shreds wasn't working. In those cases it helped to have a few extra shreds during TF.

Postby schams » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:14 am

Use symbiosis on warlock , so u can switch your dots on the next hydra.

Postby Vaporgriffin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:15 am

schams wrote:Use symbiosis on warlock , so u can switch your dots on the next hydra.

Does this actually work? There's no benefit in multi-dotting heads because they all heal to full after one is killed, and I would expect that you would have difficulties swapping dots after the active target dies, much like Garalon's legs. Do you swap the dots just before the active head dies and have them continue ticking onto the new kill target during the rampage? Unfortunately our warlocks are hot commodities for symbiosis anyway since the boomkins want to take the damage CD for rampages in our group...

Postby schams » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Reset dots at 10-5% then swap.
moonkins can get cloak

Postby rhastah » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:09 pm

we just started this on 10 normal tonight, but found a strat that allows melee to keep dps'ing during rampage. instead of backing up away from the bosses, just move from one to the other. on 10 normal you can just do red and green heads apparently.

sweetest thing is yes you can shred without being behind them! i was really annoyed there were 2 bosses in a row we can't shred till i found that out.

they had me tranq on 4th rampage, not sure if that's best but seemed to keep us alive for that one. haven't killed it yet, only had a few tries so far, so any more tips would be nice.

btw, what's the best 2nd choice for symbiosis on this (if warlock unavailable)?

Postby schams » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:54 pm

I would say Pala for personal bubble or on priest (Also an additional Tranq)

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:35 am

Anyone got any tips for heroic 10m? We now make it pretty solidly to the fifth or sixth head and then the great dying begins. I'm supposed to use my HotW Tranq on the sixth head (fifth Rampage) but I'm usually dead before I get there, or I die two seconds into channelling.

The damage is unreal. We have very decent healers but, jeez.

I'd be grateful for kitty-specific tips (not quite happy with my dps yet) and raid-strat ones (maybe we're not seeing something.

Here's yesterday's wipes.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:09 am

I go HotW on this fight when I actually do it. I use mine on the 6th rampage but either way.

My suggestion for using your tranq is as soon as the head hits 0(before it actually goes down) start running to the stack point. On your way to the stack point, activate HotW, activate Barkskin, Tranq 1-2 seconds before rampage starts. This will give you at least 1 tick if you are not full HP and also gives you 1-2 stacks of the HoT that it gives you.

Your raid should be using more than just your CD for the rampage. Our Tranq is good and powerful but the 5th/6th rampage hurts a lot.

If you have another raid member using their CD as well, have them use their 1-2 seconds before your Tranq is over.

As far as DPS goes, Pop everything at start obviously. Personally I wait until the 5th head to use my CD's again(they come back up around 30% on 4th head), and then depending how the fight goes, they are back up for the very end of the fight.

Make sure you are getting Soul Swap from the Warlock. It is hard to do but if you are fast enough, right as the next heads pop up after 1 dies, you have a small window to swap your bleeds to the next target. If you ever run with a rogue it is a lot better IMO to get redirect from a rogue and just move your CPs over.

With my raid setup I rarely have to do anything to the adds that spawn so I can't help there if you are helping with adds.

I do between 200-230k DPS throughout the whole fight. Granted I am 546 ilvl but Megaera is a really good fight for a feral if you are not touching the adds. You should definitely be near the top of the meters for this fight, unless you are on adds.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:37 am

Thanks a lot, this is very helpful!

Unfortunately our raid doesn't have a lock or rogue (we had one on the first, I believe two tries this time, but he was filling in). The comp is really bad for symbiosis, no DK, warrior, or shaman for dps either, haha.

We'll try stacking our cooldowns more, and I'll follow your instructions of how to use my HotW Tranq to the letter.

I'm a lot lower in ilevel than the others (522 vs. 540) because I'm also just a sub, albeit a fairly regular one, but I'm sure I can squeeze some more dps out of this.

Thanks again :)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:55 am

We finally killed her on hc :D I went splat just before the last head because I got FOUR cinders in a row and had nowhere else to run because our healers were so quick in dispelling, but the rest of the raid made it and the many-headed monster is no more.

Thanks for the tips!
-Sibylle

Return to Boss Archives