Register

FeralCP WeakAura (How to not get owned by Primal Fury)

Pimp your interface.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered

Re: FeralCP WeakAura (How to not get owned by Primal Fury)

Postby Alpheus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 am

No idea how I managed to miss this thread until now :) Gonna give this a try tonight, been thinking about installing WeakAuras since there's been quite a lot of shit I recently wanted to track during our heroic progression (i'm looking at you, spirit kings).

Postby Hai01 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:33 pm

Is there a way in weakauras to make it show combo points on the target regardless of what form im in, right now it is only showing CP's while in cat form only.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:35 am

Yes, there is a second trigger on each of the 5 "bubbles" that checks if you're in cat form, just go to Trigger -> Choose Trigger: Trigger 2 -> Delete Trigger for each bubble and that will have it show in all forms.

Postby Sif » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:34 pm

First of all I would like to say that I cannot thank you enough for this weakaura !
You are awesome!
Now to the point:
Is there a way to convert the bars into textures? I tried the right click->convert to texture for the children
and although it did convert them to textures the aura stopped working properly. All I got was textures not reacting to adding or removing CP.
I would like the textures to dissapear/appear for the corresponding CP's.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:01 am

There is a way, I have them all converted to Mario mushrooms, lol. But it was a while ago and I don't remember what I did. If no one else clarifies before I get home I'll look at it to see if I can figure out what I changed.

Postby Sif » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:11 am

Dysheki wrote:There is a way, I have them all converted to Mario mushrooms, lol. But it was a while ago and I don't remember what I did. If no one else clarifies before I get home I'll look at it to see if I can figure out what I changed.

I would really appreciate it :) .

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:06 pm

I'm sorry! I completely forgot to reply!

I think what I did wasn't covert them to a texture; I converted them to a Progress Texture. Then I changed the background color of each so it's completely clear (the bar on the right when you change the background color). This way when it's off it uses the background color and when you have a CP it uses the foreground color.

Or at least that's what I think anyway. Hope this helps and sorry for the late reply.

If you still can't get it going I can shove what I did in a paste bin too and you can just modify the size/image.

Postby Sif » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:09 pm

Dysheki wrote:I'm sorry! I completely forgot to reply!

I think what I did wasn't covert them to a texture; I converted them to a Progress Texture. Then I changed the background color of each so it's completely clear (the bar on the right when you change the background color). This way when it's off it uses the background color and when you have a CP it uses the foreground color.

Or at least that's what I think anyway. Hope this helps and sorry for the late reply.

If you still can't get it going I can shove what I did in a paste bin too and you can just modify the size/image.

Worked like a charm! :)
I'm a little embarrassed for not thinking to do this by my self to be honest :p
Anyways thank you very much, you are very kind and was not a problem at all for the late reply.
<3
-meow

Postby Lightheart » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:55 pm

This aura certainly provides smoother data on my current cp level and is preventing me from shredding past 5cp. Love it thank you for the time spent for this. My preferred method of tracking my cp level is scrolling combat text as it can be in the center of my vision without being obtrusive. The bar is great but if I am not watching it I do not know if I crit either, this is meaning either I place a full time bar center screen or I tunnel on it when it's lower on screen. Tried a simple solution of enabling actions and having it call out cp level but this did not work. How can I configure this aura to call out in the scrolling combat text? (this aura is more or less needed for any 4 piece t15 feral)

Postby Gnobble » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:57 pm

How did you get the border around the droodfocus icons?

Postby Masticor » Thu May 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Does this still work?

I am noticing more delay lately especially with the 4pc Bonus. Does it matter what client language you're using?

Postby Nulgar » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:15 pm

I assume so, but did you confirm that the "laggy" CP is actually used when you use a finisher before the default UI displays it?

Postby ManneN » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Yeah this "bug" is still in action, and it's annoying me real bad. However the solution given in this thread is truly a smart one. I much prefer playing with the default ComboPoint-frame, could someone with adequate coding skills possibly turn this into an actual AddOn changing the behaviour of the default ComboPoint-frame instead of just a WA script for me? Pretty please :)

Have tried myself without any luck (well some, but it'd bug out for me and I'm not good enough with LUA / WoW API to make it work properly).

Thanks in advance! :)

/ManneN

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:36 pm

There's a fairly good chance that's not possible. A lot of the Blizzard UI is locked down to some extent to prevent exploits and that may fall under the category.

That said, I really wouldn't recommend using the Blizzard default frame for CP, it's almost masochistic using that thing and you're probably hampering your awareness by having to look at some little tiny bubbles that may or may not be in the corner of your screen. It's a lot more effective to have it centralized near your character and easy to read.

If you're just too used to it, just give the WeakAura a shot. Yeah it's gonna suck getting used to it at first, but I'm sure you won't regret it after having used it for a couple days of play.

Postby ManneN » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:39 am

No, I'm not being machoschistic although I can see why you would believe so, I just PvP. In PvP it is norm to be using default UI, although I do not have my target-/playerframe in the default cornerpositions like you seem to believe (although there are many players who do that with great success). With that said I do believe it is possible to overwrite the mechanics of the ComboPointFrame, I do not believe that it is locked down considering I was able to make it add combopoints whenever I wanted (even in combat). As I said I got it somewhat working, although it would double update whenever a crit appeared making it look wierd (first giving me the two combo points really fast and then removing them and adding them back in blizzards slow pace).

What I did when I realized I couldn't get it to work (due to inexperience) was that I redid the WA script and made the combo points look similar to the default combopoints and simply put them on top of the default ones. First thing I realized then was that it was really slow, compared to my almost working AddOn the WeakAuras just slightly improved the updating speed whereas my AddOn would be much much faster, I wonder if this may be a limitation of WeakAuras being a large AddOn which scans for a lot of things, not only CPs.

Anyway, this solution works... but now that I've seen the speed an external AddOn can do this at I really wish to get it working! :D

Well, that's it for me, thanks for replying anyhow. :)

/ManneN

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:21 am

Late response (as mentioned before I don't check this subforum much) but perhaps it will be of use to you or someone else:

ManneN wrote:With that said I do believe it is possible to overwrite the mechanics of the ComboPointFrame, I do not believe that it is locked down considering I was able to make it add combopoints whenever I wanted (even in combat).

If you were able to do that (in addition to resetting it to 0) then it should definitely be possible.

ManneN wrote:What I did when I realized I couldn't get it to work (due to inexperience) was that I redid the WA script and made the combo points look similar to the default combopoints and simply put them on top of the default ones. First thing I realized then was that it was really slow, compared to my almost working AddOn the WeakAuras just slightly improved the updating speed whereas my AddOn would be much much faster, I wonder if this may be a limitation of WeakAuras being a large AddOn which scans for a lot of things, not only CPs.

It shouldn't be much slower, if any, especially if you're not running a ton of different WeakAuras.

Previous

Return to Addons / UI