Register

Maximizing Rune of Re-Origination

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Maximizing Rune of Re-Origination

Postby Vami » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:10 am

Rune of Re-Origination (teh crazy trinket for ferral durids)

General info
- RoRO converts your 2 lowest secondary stat ratings (mastery/haste/crit) to the highest one after doubling them (additional procs after this don't change this trinket's procs)
- for example, if you normally have 6001 mastery, 6000 crit and 6000 haste, with RoRO proc you have 30001 mastery, 0 crit, 0 haste
- as a feral you want RoRO to proc mastery
- the trinket scales well with gear (the more stats you have, the better the proc is)
- it is the best trinket for feral in the Throne of Thunder, across all ilvls
- about the proc chance of RoRO:
0.506 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD. The proc frequency changes based on the trinket's ilvl:
541 ilevel = 112.88% proc multiplier
535 ilevel = 106.74% proc multiplier
528 ilevel = 100.00% proc multiplier
522 ilevel = 94.56% proc multiplier
502 ilevel = 78.49% proc multiplier
463 ilevel = 54.57% proc multiplier

Gearing/ stat weights with RoRO:
- 1:1:1 ratio in secondary stats (mastery the highest) is the way to go (Raffy's/Edgy's Catus does this for you fast: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574 it takes gems and enchants into accont, too!)
- the reason for 1:1:1 ratio is that because during the proc you'll get more mastery this way: haste and crit will be doubled before they're converted to mastery (the more haste and crit you have, the bigger the mastery proc is, just make sure the proc is mastery)
- Agility is still the best stat: when gemming/enchanting/flask/foodbuff it's still best to choose the option that grants you the most agility (when gemming you could also take some secondarystat bonuses if you want to, doesn't hurt)
- the Raidbuff-Mastery doesn't count when calculating stats for the proc: reforging to 1:1:1 without any buffs is the right way

Rotation during the proc:
- Rip up with the proc if possible
- all bleeds up with the proc
- at ilvl520+ generate CPs with Rake unless you'd clip a more powerful Rake
- Proc in AoE situations: Thrash spam, the last Thrash with the proc preferably buffed with DoC (or with not-so-many targets that stay alive longer: Rake ALL THE MOBS)

Updated various info on 19.5.2013, frequently asked questions should all have answers here now.
Last edited by Vami on Sun May 19, 2013 6:47 am, edited 19 times in total.

Honored

Re: Maximizing Rune of Re-Origination

Postby Cetlysm » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:23 pm

Use rake as cp generator, get a strong DoC'd and TF if possible rip, thrash, cancel buff.?

Honored

Postby Vami » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:31 pm

I think they made it so that the buff can't be cancelled.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:33 pm

I don't think you are able to cancel the buff.

Honored

Postby adianar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Just to be clear, should we be respeccing now to the 1:1:1 secondary after mastery once 5.2 hit or once we get this trinket? I'm still in 4pc T14 with zero gear changes since 5.1. I'll be getting the shadowpan trinket later today hopefully though...

Thanks for the clarification.

Adi

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:04 pm

After you get this trinket.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:08 am

Anyone know a good way to get the secondary stats to be as close to each other as possible without doing it manually? :|

I did a quick reforge last night and got each within roughly 300 of each other but I'm sure it could be better.

Tinderhoof wrote:I don't think you are able to cancel the buff.

Correct. It is this way on live.

Postby Batlecruiser » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Why is it best to reforge 1:1:1? Is it just simulation or are there any considerable reasons?

Honored

Postby Vami » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:14 pm

Batlecruiser wrote:Why is it best to reforge 1:1:1? Is it just simulation or are there any considerable reasons?

During the proc you'll get more mastery this way because you get double the amount of rating from crit and haste when it's converted (200%). Haste will help the trinket to proc more (+more energy), crit is always nice anyway.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:50 pm

There's already code in Leafkiller's Ovale script to handle the trinket proccing. Quick run down of the conclusions of I've drawn based on the sim work I've done with the trinket:

Gearing: Obviously you want mastery, so make sure it's your highest stat. Also if for some reason you're using Windsong you'd really want to be careful with your rating balance (or just get Dancing Steel). The proc is so influential on your damage if you manage it correctly that the most DPS reforging strat IS to balance your stats 1:1:1. Get your haste and crit as high as you can while still making sure your mastery is top.

Handling the proc: The big goal is to get a rip off during the proc, obviously. To generate combo points you should be using rake UNLESS doing so would clip a stronger rake, at which point you switch back to Shred. Thrash is good to use as well during the proc but you wouldn't want to use it at anytime where it might screw your chances of getting a rip up.

For AoE, just spam the shit out of your Thrash key and do a lot of damage, ideally you want your last Thrash during the proc to be DoC'd if you're playing DoC so it can tick for a while after the proc ends. The amount of damage you can do with Thrash spam while Rune is up is MASSIVE, and you'll probably want to consider planning your Berserk and pot usage around it if it's appropriate for the encounter (Tortos for example).

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:54 am

At low (~510-520) gear levels mangle and shred should still beat rake as fillers, especially if you still have the tier 14 2-piece (but even otherwise). At heroic gear levels rake pulls ahead, of course.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:56 am

With rune proc Thrash spam > Swipe just to confirm?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:54 am

If your rune is proccing mastery, yes. Not only does your Thrash damage go up by quite a bit but your Swipe damage also goes down, relatively speaking.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Yeah, I could still have more powerful rips/rakes at current gear levels going into a rune proc because of 8k agi trinket/DoC/TF. Situations like those are more rare, but it still happens. My biggest annoyance is the proc rate; Sometimes it lines up well and I stain my pants, other times I throw my mouse across the room when it comes up at the worst of times.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:01 pm

The best feeling is definitely when 20 mobs just spawned on your tank, you run over to start DPSing them, you're about to use TF and Berserk, and then your rune procs. Then after that I usually cackle maniacally.

Postby Hakanisti » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:57 pm

Vami wrote:During the proc you'll get more mastery this way because you get double the amount of rating from crit and haste when it's converted (200%). Haste will help the trinket to proc more (+more energy), crit is always nice anyway.

A question about this. I've seen the following list in few sites:

"The proc frequency changes based on the ilvl of the trinket:

541 ilevel = 112.88% proc multiplier
535 ilevel = 106.74% proc multiplier
528 ilevel = 100.00% proc multiplier
522 ilevel = 94.56% proc multiplier
502 ilevel = 78.49% proc multiplier
463 ilevel = 54.57% proc multiplier"

So if I had 7000 mastery, 2000 haste, 1000 crit and got proc from Thunderforged Rune of Re-Origination, wouldn't it sum it up as 10000 mastery in the end? Where do you get the double amount of rating from?

EDIT: Nevermind, found a post explaining it out. I smell nerf incoming.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:02 pm

The list you have is the proc frequency. They buffed Rune during the PTR because just giving 3000 stats by removing Haste/Crit wasn't useful enough for anyone to want. So they now remove Crit/Haste add them together and then double it. In your listed case Mastery would be 13000. That is the reason for wating as much Haste and Crit as possible. If you moved your stats around even a little it makes a difference. 6k Mastery, 2k Haste, and 2K Crit turns into 14000 Mastery for the same amount of stats.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:58 am

I posted this in the Stats/Trinkets/Talents sticky but I figured I would cross post it here as well since hopefully it'll help some people out. If you want to know how to go about reforging with Rune of Re-Origination I made this video guide:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoBHtjk5EH8

Vami wrote:- 0.46 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD (did this get buffed also?)

Yes, by 10% as of a week or so ago. The base RealPPM before item level multiplier (see Hakanisti's post above) is now 0.506 RealPPM.

Honored

Postby Vami » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:45 am

Okay, I updated the first post a bit again. It should have all the latest information now. (:

2 things would still need some clarification, though:
-The best trinket to use with RoRO? Is it Renataki's or could you go with i.e. Bad Juju? Does it matter which you choose as the procs won't line up perfectly with anything, unless you're super lucky?
-Going undercapped in hit/exp to maximize the proc? (Hoping it would be even possible with the crazy amounts of crit and exp in everything...)

Postby Vaults » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:32 am

Is it worth it to use Elixir of the Rapids/Mad Hozen Elixir instead of flask ot it might be dps lose? Of course you have to be sure to not pass mastery. If you are alchemist the stat will be 990 as far as I can remember. Or is better to get haste/crit/mastery 1:1:1 by reforging/gems/enchants?

Postby Athen » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Do you calculate the 3000+ masterybuff in your reforgecalculations? I mean we could get more crit/haste if we drop mastery 2999 behind those and rune would still proc mastery as long as we got masterybuff in our raidgroup.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Pretty sure the Rune only takes YOUR stats for modification. I don't think that the raid buffs count.

EDIT: Confirmed. Quote from the theorycrafting post GC made when they updated the trinket on the PTR:
Warning: technical mumbo jumbo follows.

At proc time, it checks how much crit, haste, and mastery you have (yes, this is a snapshot, and does NOT include the mastery raid buff).

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Vami wrote:-Going undercapped in hit/exp to maximize the proc? (Hoping it would be even possible with the crazy amounts of crit and exp in everything...)

Vaults wrote:Is it worth it to use Elixir of the Rapids/Mad Hozen Elixir instead of flask ot it might be dps lose? Of course you have to be sure to not pass mastery. If you are alchemist the stat will be 990 as far as I can remember. Or is better to get haste/crit/mastery 1:1:1 by reforging/gems/enchants?

I highly doubt either of those things are worth it. Having Rune of Re-Origination greatly increases the value of agility because of how well it scales with bleeds.

Vami wrote:-The best trinket to use with RoRO? Is it Renataki's or could you go with i.e. Bad Juju? Does it matter which you choose as the procs won't line up perfectly with anything, unless you're super lucky?

As far as I can tell, doesn't matter that much what you use.

Honored

Postby Etapicx » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:39 am

Vaults wrote:Is it worth it to use Elixir of the Rapids/Mad Hozen Elixir instead of flask ot it might be dps lose? Of course you have to be sure to not pass mastery. If you are alchemist the stat will be 990 as far as I can remember. Or is better to get haste/crit/mastery 1:1:1 by reforging/gems/enchants?

It would be 1000 agility vs 1500 secondary stats. And for the same reason we keep agility gems we should keep the agility flask... Agility is to strong and we'd need secondary to be a 1:3 ratio.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Vami wrote:2 things would still need some clarification, though:
-The best trinket to use with RoRO? Is it Renataki's or could you go with i.e. Bad Juju? Does it matter which you choose as the procs won't line up perfectly with anything, unless you're super lucky?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2989349/TrinketRank10.png (relative to 522ish gear)
Basically anything works except Talisman of Bloodlust. Even the Raid-finder edition kicks ass. I still need to make another table for heroic gear as this table will change based on avg gear ilvl.

I'd choose Juju over Soul Charm for equal ilvl since Soul Charm requires more precise execution. But I'd imagine most people will have a 535/541 Soul Charm pretty soon so the typical progression setup will be 522/528 Rune + 535/541 Soul Charm.

Next

Return to Kitty DPS