Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Postby Sorcerer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:54 am

Omg again... Blizz scaling at its finest.

Postby averter » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:58 am

Excellent work again, aggixx.
Shred vs Mangle - with MoP expansion one of these abilities got outdated and doesn't provide almost anything over another except under specific conditions. Positional requirement is even more outdated game mechanics. Is it time to visit the official forums again and give a friendly reminder to Blizz?

Postby Karve » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:06 am

averter wrote:Excellent work again, aggixx.
Shred vs Mangle - with MoP expansion one of these abilities got outdated and doesn't provide almost anything over another except under specific conditions. Positional requirement is even more outdated game mechanics. Is it time to visit the official forums again and give a friendly reminder to Blizz?

Haven't we been asking for the change since Wrath?(ex. Kologarn) Blizzard is stubborn and even when the facts can state the obvious they'd rather ignore it. Again, aggixx, thank you for all your hard work. Very much appreciated. :)

Postby averter » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:31 am

We just have to wait for Ovale integration and community to catch up. It's almost as same situation like with Rake as a filler in 5.0(.1) patch release. Hope they fix it better then mangle/shred vs shred! buffing saga... but we'll never know :) Like aggixx said, dps gain is with BiS t15 gear, maybe not that much with normal t15 or below.
Currently there is more pressing matter with 2t15 and glyphed savage roar bug.. or is it fixed?

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:22 am

aggixx wrote:In an attempt to curb the amount of "Why is it telling me to mangle?":

I've made a pull request that, once Jeshu approves it, will greatly increase the amount of mangle usage in the script. SimC is showing that mangling instead of shredding when you're not flooding with energy is a 500-1500 DPS gain in BiS gear. I've also tested this without the set bonuses and it is still a gain.

Sorry for the delay in pulling up your changes. I've released a new version 5.2.7 with the new script.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:39 pm

The feral druid script will need a few changes to catch up to pending changes to Ovale. Feral DoTs will need to be tagged as "nohaste=1" to signify that their ticks are not affected by haste, e.g.,
Code: Select all
Define(rake 1822)
  SpellInfo(rake duration=15 tick=3 nohaste=1 energy=35 combo=1)

This was the simpler default as there are just a lot more magical DoTs in the game that are affected by haste.

I can make the necessary changes to the Leafkiller script in the addon, or if you wish to submit a pullup, I can process it on GitHub as well.

[UPDATE]
Please hold off on this change. I may have been mistaken as to how many DoTs are not affected by haste versus ones that are.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Sounds good. Do you want me to make the changes and then you can just accept the pull request when Ovale is updated to support them?

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:33 am

Turns out no changes are needed for ferals. I made the appropriate changes for the magic DoTs instead since there are a lot fewer of those than the rest.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Is there some memory leak with recent ovale?

In raid, during afk/idle/non combat period it builds up to 25mb memory, resets and starts gaining around 1mb/sec. Same happens in combat.

Postby LiquidDruid » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Aggix, would you mind sharing the simC profiles for mangle vs shred? I'd just like to test out in my own gear what the dps gain/loss is.

Thanks

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:56 pm

I was also wondering about that. At what point in gearing does mangling more often become beneficial?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:10 pm

As far as I know it's applicable for everything. I got anywhere between a 300 and 1100 DPS gain with the couple different profiles I tried.

If you can find a set of gear that does notably more DPS with the old filler list (can be found here) then please let me know.

Postby Karve » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:02 pm

New Elvui updates seem to have messed up Ovale again. :( Just says focus in all the boxes now.
Pic for anyone with any idea of a fix.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Its not elv, its ovale. Download older versions. Had the same shit.

Postby Karve » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Thanks! Probably won't update again unless it's completely broken.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:22 pm

It's a bug in the most recent Ovale release.

There's an unclosed if structure in OvaleBestAction.lua starting at line 237 and ending at line 240. Adding a new line with the word "end" after line 240 fixes the problem.

Edit: This is with version 5.2.21.
Last edited by aggixx on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:24 pm

I havent tested agixx fix but the bugged version didnt have memory leak at least.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:27 pm

Probably because it was completely broken ;)

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:40 pm

Well, I had some pre completly bugged version that I isntalled in the morning, it was completly fucked with RIP but only this. No memory leak so I have high hopes this will be somehow resolved sooner or later. Than the evening version I installed that was supposed to be fixed was completly out of usage.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:47 am

Yeah there's definitely some serious issues beyond just the lua error. As far as I can tell it's never suggesting to cast Rip except for during BitW to overwrite a weaker Rip, it's very very rarely ever suggesting to cast Thrash, and Rake also seems to be acting a little funny.

I would highly recommend using 5.2.19 until the bugs with the current version(s) are worked out, you can find it here:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/ovale#t ... -downloads

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:59 am

Please try with 5.2.24. It was a sad story of a release after some testing on my monk, the hearing about bugs the next day while at work and trying to dry code some fixes and releasing without being able to test. I now know to test with the feral script before releasing, so chalk that up as a lesson learned.

Postby Ridek » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:28 pm

I don't know if it's been covered, tried skimming through all the posts. But it's not showing my correct key binds and that is really messing with my head lol.

Honored

Postby Laurind » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:48 am

where can I get previous versions? and how to know the one that I want?

I'll explain a little more. The new script almost never tell you to Shred, and as I read, thats ok for T15H BiS, but I'm not even have a decent T14 set.
Should I shred more? or is it OK to follow the mangle version with horrible gear?

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm pretty sure it is still ok to use the more mangle profile (latest). The thinking is that at lower gear, you have even less crit and haste which means your combo point generation is lower and it is harder to keep SR and Rip up all the time. By using mangle more you can generate combo points faster, due to mangles lower energy cost, and maintain a higher uptime on SR, Rip and Thrash. This higher uptime should more than counteract the slight dps decrease of mangle compared to shred.

The script does look at your current circumstances though - if you have high time remaining on your SR & Rip and aren't in danger of having them drop before you can re-apply then the script will switch to shred (particularly during beserk). This means as your gear improves and your increased haste and crit results in more combo point generation, you will find shred being recommended more and more.

At least I think that is all correct :)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:51 pm

It was at least DPS neutral at all gear levels that I tested, that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a notable DPS gain over shredding for everyone, though.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS