Register

The d'oh thread

Face-rippin fun.

Re: The d'oh thread

Postby kuriara » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Everybody remember Mr pinchy?
Well i had a amazing luck fishing up and quite often i would recieve the benevolent giant crawdad that at the time, did actual damage during the start of burning crusade via aoe cleave, well our tossed together 10 man guild actually got its first ilhoof kill in kara with his assistance.

Now for the embarrassing part of the story..

For nostalgia, i have one in my bags, we are setting up for h chim, and i know a guildmate is streaming so i want to show off a bit right, well, i pop the wish outside of the room, just in case i get the wrong one right, whoot, i get the benevolent so i think this is great, time to show off a bit. I enter the room, being o so careful to not target the boss, entire raid is set to go, and and well, benevolent mr pinchy isnt so benevolent and rushes at chim, spinning him around and well wipes us due to loss of a few dps who thought it was the tank that pulled... :oops:

Postby woogs » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:55 pm

My guild had been working on Garalon all night. Most attempts I was in top 5, but we kept wiping all night (mostly to kiters). One attempt, while we were waiting for a countdown pull, a caster accidentally wanded Garalon. We all ran out of the fight area into the hallway, but the poor souls who were still in there when the Wall came up kept activating crushes and the pheremone AOE ticks were working. So I put on my healing staff to just keep myself alive.
Next attempt we kill it, but I'm last in DPS. Kept my stupid staff on. -_-

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:23 pm

woogs wrote:My guild had been working on Garalon all night. Most attempts I was in top 5, but we kept wiping all night (mostly to kiters). One attempt, while we were waiting for a countdown pull, a caster accidentally wanded Garalon. We all ran out of the fight area into the hallway, but the poor souls who were still in there when the Wall came up kept activating crushes and the pheremone AOE ticks were working. So I put on my healing staff to just keep myself alive.
Next attempt we kill it, but I'm last in DPS. Kept my stupid staff on. -_-

Check out my UI thread and take a look at my Cat Form macro. (I have a line that equips my Kitty DPS gear when i shift, solving the Healing/HotW/Fishing/etc weapon problem).

Postby Sabrac » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:42 am

I had a big "D'oh" moment yesterday in Heart of fear, the first boss.

The guild i'm in only just did 4/6 MSV so we decided to have a look at the first boss.
After a few good attempts we had a really really good one, 5 % on the boss left, 8 people alive... and then it happened.

Me and a druid healer both got mind controlled.... we both had the mass entanglement talent.... the boss had just casted Attenuation.
Can you guess what happened? I bet you can..

The Mind controlled healer started to use mass entanglement, the hunter in our group cleared it for everyone... when the computer decided it was a great idea for me to use mass entanglement aswell... everyone rooted... everyone got hit... everyone died... 1 % hp left.

We both removed our mass entanglement talents right after (and i also removed my mighty bash for that fight).... we had 3 more wipes (10-25 %) after that and ended up calling the raid.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:58 am

Yep, running no talents in the CC tiers is the best choice on that fight. Sad but true.

Postby Sabrac » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:01 am

aggixx wrote:Yep, running no talents in the CC tiers is the best choice on that fight. Sad but true.

And it also seems like HotW (active support) is useless there aswell, the moment i get mind controlled it gets popped, leaving me unable to take over healing / tanking for a short period after that.

Seems like i'll have to learn to use DoC or NV soon :?

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Leafkiller wrote:
Sibylle wrote:Then we killed him, I got new gloves - hurray! - and putting them on I noticed I had TWO weapons equipped instead of just one. Main and off-hand, in fact. Yes... I had killed Garalon with a blue intellect mace :|

I shall now go into the garden, dig a deep hole and lie down inside it!

Cat form macro:
Code: Select all
/cast !Cat Form(Shapeshift)
/equipset Cat

I've had to pretty much use a similar macro and USE IT!:P HotW macro to equip wpn, use CD, use haste trinket, and cast wrath...wrath spam boom boom! 200...220...250..275k dps...switch back to cat, get to berserking, and looking at my 200k DPS when orbs come out! First orb...oh that was tough. 2nd orb, barely! "I'm gonna need help on next orb" so tank helps me kill next 2. My pillar is so slow and boomkin is helping me w/ his dots. Wipe, look at my 70k dps.

Oh...hey guys next time I'll actually use my macro to equip my wpn and go into cat instead of just clicking the cat form stance!
---
Also, got our first kill on madness w/ my fishing pole equipped while I was tanking! Holding threat of tendons was more than tough :D

Honored

Postby Elamari » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:52 pm

I queued up for the Headless horseman as a tank in my cat gear and spec. That didn't go so well. I was spamming FR like crazy with NS + HT and all my CDs but I ended up dying. Got battle rezzed and died again >_>

I did apologize and change spec, but not my best moment.
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:20 pm

0.3% wipe on elegon25HC due to mass #132 error in p3 , would have ranked #1 with 221k dps... Probably ahead on WoL after parse by 5-8k ...

Best part I have this on my stream -_- Really D'oh...

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:57 am

Well, got one to add from last night. We were in MV and my dps felt low for some reason during trash before the stone guard. I quadruple checked my gear, had everything on..had my agi staff on, trinkets were right, but it just felt wrong. Well, we do all of MV (normal thank God!) and I even ranked 26 on will! Then we head over to finish HoF progression and I realize I had my tank LW embossments!

I had tanked sha earlier in the day and forgot to switch them back! So...good news was I had lots of health!

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:24 am

About to pull Ignis in Ulduar. (alt run, I was raid leading for the first time.) Couple people ask for me to give them roles, which I'd forgotten to do up to that point (raid assist, lootmaster, etc.) Tank asks if he could pull. I say "sure" (faceroll boss, right?) and keep hunting for the role-setting options; finally find them, and designate the RA and LM...except I accidentally marked the tank as the lootmaster. As he's counting down for the pull, I try to figure out how to remove loot master from him...right click, select Remove, immediately after he tossed his Avenger's Shield.

Oops.

Postby Reerun » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Elamari wrote:I queued up for the Headless horseman as a tank in my cat gear and spec. That didn't go so well. I was spamming FR like crazy with NS + HT and all my CDs but I ended up dying. Got battle rezzed and died again >_>

I did apologize and change spec, but not my best moment.

Ha!! Do you remember there being a cat dps in that group? I'm asking because I queued into a group where exactly this happened. It was just this past HH. I even asked in party who was tanking, and when the non-guardian spec bear said "me" I just figured he hadn't changed specs yet, then all of a sudden he pulls! D'oh!!

Honored

Postby ellorien » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:23 am

- My first time on Magmaw: Tank had him facing straight ahead at the raid. I fell off the platform trying to get into perfect shredding position. On the second attempt, I managed to make the only other melee fall off the platform while running to the boss by hitting a Stampeding Roar he didn't expect.

- Back in LK, there were several times when I would suddenly see myself in caster form, awkwardly meleeing the boss with my polearm. Apparently having spells on caster form's action bar would somehow trigger those sometimes while hitting the cat form's action bar keys, and thereby shift me out. I don't know why. It took me a while to figure out the cause.

- Going through fights with Dalaran teleport ring

- Changing off-spec from moonkin to bear to help out raid and forgetting glyphs. At least I had a really strong moonfire ready for when I needed it.

Honored

Postby teddabear » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:20 am

I was in a very casual guild with just enough good players to allow us to progress slowly. We were in TK trying for our first kill of Void Reaver. I was an officer and usually all business to try and keep the casuals focused. We get to the last trash pack and I decide to have a little fun and use my Argent War Horn that I happened to have in my bag that night. We pull the trash and my horn sounds and the Argent Knight proceeds to ignore all the mobs and charges Void Reaver. I am still processing what is happening when calls start going out on Vent "What the hell is that!" "Who did that?" I switch to Bear to try and help with the confusion when I see the Argent Knight bubble hearth leaving us with one very pissed off Void Reaver. The Bubble Hearth was the last straw and I burst out laughing giving myself away.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:39 am

So this one time, my guild killed Heroic Sha for the first time. My DPS was aweful. Mostly this was because I got picked for the first platform and had to sit until P2 started. No big deal. Till I find out...Still wearing my Chef hat. So pro.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:45 am

the new DOH topc in 5.2 will be Ji-Kun, the shit bird boss.

Note: you are supposed to jump from main platform to nests below. Guess what, you gonna miss the jump if you have feline swiftness, boot enchant and not in caster form.

I managed to miss the jump while being in caster form, no feline and just boots. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Postby Frozzenfire » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:56 pm

I have a few moments in my raiding time with wow where i made some bad calls

First fail thing happend in ICC, on Professor Putricide, i was tank in icc, and was assigned to control the abom. i had ordered some pizza and in the middel of a try, the pizza guy came and knocked on the door, as i was controlling the abom, and there wasent alot of the pools, i thought to my self, ye sure i can quickly go out to get the pizza, i return to my pc, to see a raid dieing and a room turned green from the slime/pool. this was on normal.

2nd fail was done on my warlock alt in Blackwing decent on magmaw, we where stacking close to boss, and at some point i hit the wrong keybind, the keybind had the goblin rocket jump on it so i had to see myself fly past magmaw down into the pit and died.

Postby Wicks » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:39 am

Oh I had numerous instances of tanking in DPS specc - in heroics it happens I dont even notice (well, before the Guardian split at least) if the healer is good enough, just see that my dps is higher than usual.

Best occurrence of this: Pulling heroic Morchoc; think my healer even managed to keep me up for a minute or two :)

In more recent recent times: I made a macro to equip my agi staff (so I can avoid going back to kitty with healing staff after hotw) together with my Rake keybind. We passed Tsulong, I won the 496 Gao-Rei, I enchant it, etc, we start on the trash before Lei, I use the int staff to spam hurricane just to see myself doing 400k, I do the ready check, call for a pull, start on Lei, and BAM, as Im running towards her, my Rake keybind isnt working. It just wont apply. I get nervous, and spam like an idiot. Still nothing. I cant even click, since I dont show my bars at all in combat.

I get out of form, and see the normal looking (non-mogged) GaoRei on my back. Then it dawns on me that each Rake was just exchanging 496 version with LFR version (that I had equipped previously).
One Jeeves out and LFR version in the bank later, and Im back to dpsing, silently cursing.

On Ultraxion I had to remove my feral charge keybind totally, since I kept using it on the pull (force of habit!). Before that I got skilled enough that I even managed not to fall down by quickly turning, but every time I would have a small heartattack.

Postby Woem » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Accidentally hitting stampeding roar during attenuation viz hc.
I am the most popular druid in my raiding pool

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:54 am

Mistaken heavy nerd rage on shadow priest for dispelling symbiosis on the pull for ji-kun HC. Cought on stream -_-

Ye, I changed ... talents 2sec pre pull. Doh. FML

Postby Ekthelion » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:09 am

TIL: always check the gear before the pull. ALWAYS. Especially if you are using macros to swap weapons. I switched just by mistake before the pull the weapon from 517 Gao-Rei to 496 Jin'yo (caster weappn)... I was observing skada through the encounter (Lei Shen) and was wondering 'WTF is with my dps? Where are my swipes?!" ... and then I realized... hard lesson learnt.
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!

Honored

Postby Vami » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Megaera 25HC. Pulling about 170k-200k dps on every try. On one fight, I get a wow error, causing me to be DC'd half of the fight. The boss went down that pull.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:30 pm

That's a hell of a lot better than missing half the fight to your own mistake and it going down that pull! Grats regardless :lol:

Honored

Postby Vami » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Mmmh, yeah, still pretty annoyed about it though. :D And ty, was about time to get that boss down!

Postby Cerise » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:55 am

Durumu. My guild decided 'long ago', when the encounter was first released, to allow everyone who couldn't see the maze in melee correctly to navigate through the maze at range, where the maze seemed to be more clear. I'm not one of the blind ones, so I stay in melee. Maze phase ends, boss turns around, whack, dead kitty. Melee attack to the face. Tanks used the ranged maze. :cry:

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS