Register

Force of Nature Patch 5.3 PTR Changes

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Force of Nature Patch 5.3 PTR Changes

Postby Vaults » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 am

Force of Nature is no longer on global cooldown and summons a single Treant. The Treant no longer has a control bar, immediately uses its special abilities on the Druid’s current target, and accumulates 1 charge every 20 seconds up to a maximum of 3 charges.

From updated patch notes: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7892888/53_PTR_Patch_Notes-02_04_2013

Screenshot from PTR: Image

Any thoughts how good will be FoN compared to SoF and Incarnation?

Exalted

Re: Force of Nature Patch 5.3 PTR Changes

Postby aggixx » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:32 pm

No numbers from SimC yet as far as I'm aware, but I could see it being playable if they tune it correctly. With full heroic T15 gear you have so much energy and CP that it starts to get pretty ridiculous so I could see the energy from SotF starting to become a lot less important.

Honored

Re: Force of Nature Patch 5.3 PTR Changes

Postby AsgardFM » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:36 pm

I can see it being a bit more of a PvP option than PvE in current version.

From what I gather it will give you a 5 second stun. It has a 40 yard range, it's off the global cooldown, it does not interact with CPs, can be used in rapid succession on multiple targets (same target if you don't mind the DR) AND has some damage attached to it (think I saw each doing roughly 5k dps?).
Lacks the burst potential from Incarnation but seems to even out in a lot of control through protracted fights.

As aggixx said, Sims will figure its PvE worth eventually but I feel SotF will keep its position for this tier.

Return to Kitty DPS