Register

testing a weapon swap idea, need some others to test

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Re: testing a weapon swap idea, need some others to test

Postby Etapicx » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:13 am

Pretty solid idea nevrr thought about it.

Honored

Postby AsgardFM » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:31 am

I was always under the impression that removing gear that had a proc active just removed the proc at the same time.
Can't remember trying it with enchants but I know thats what happened with Deathbringer's Will (good old ICC trinket) and Kiril, Fury of Beasts proc.

Worth giving it a shot if you've got the enchant lying around still but I don't think its going to pan out.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:37 pm

I am also pretty sure swapping weapons puts the enchant of the new weapon on a small cooldown. Kinda like trinkets.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Somehow I doubt trying to proc Dancing Steel prepull is actually a good thing. You're only getting the advantage on one or two abilities on your opener tops (and the Rake is going to get clipped 1 tick later anyway), and on top of that you always want the last thing you do before the pull (other than pot) to be a Savage Roar so you have that maximum amount of time left when you get to the boss, and then of course there's the matter of actually getting to the boss.

Postby karenbruce » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:49 am

Never have had the experience of swapping weapon, but I think it's best to try once for a change.

Postby Syo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:49 pm

As Tinderhoof said, I think the process of proc'ing Windsong on your swapped weapons, puts Dancing Steel on your Feral weapon on a delayed ICD, so I'm doubtful the bonus from the haste/crit/mastery of 1 possibly 2 procs, outweighs a Dancing Steel in an opener, could be wrong though.

Return to Kitty DPS