Register

Catus Error

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Catus Error

Postby lamchopp » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:04 am

Hey guys,

so I'm trying to optimize my gear after getting Rune of Reorigination using catus but I get an error after trying to import my character. The message I get is: "No API Data: http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/ ... &locale=en "

I was wondering how I could circumvent this. Any help would be appreciated!

Honored

Re: Catus Error

Postby Vami » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Looks like you might have a wrong server typed in. That or a wrong region maybe? Catus has never bugged for me yet. :)

Or... Now that I took a better look, Kul'tiras might be a name that doesn't work with Catus that well? Raffy should be able to tell more about it?

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:49 pm

lamchopp wrote:Hey guys,

so I'm trying to optimize my gear after getting Rune of Reorigination using catus but I get an error after trying to import my character. The message I get is: "No API Data: http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/ ... &locale=en "

I was wondering how I could circumvent this. Any help would be appreciated!

You misspelled Kul Tiras, you either have to type it with a space or with a dash.

Postby lamchopp » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:41 pm

Putting a space doesn't work. I used a dash and it did...well partially. The right side of all my gear isn't filled. Also, I'm not sure if it's been addressed but I am using a random enchantment bracer which catus doesn't seem to pick up the secondary stat.

Honored

Postby Vami » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Are you running the latest version? I think raffy just recently updated it to work with the random enchantments, the latest version is this: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2989349/Catus4.rar Dunno about the other problems, though. Sounds odd.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:06 pm

A good way to verify that your profile is correct, is to hit "Go to Armory", which should open your profile in a web browser.

"Yohloh / Kul-Kiras / US" imports fine for me with latest Catus:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2989349/Catus4.rar

If using the latest Catus (where I added support for the bracers last night), I think I left the settings with Yriss's profile active (he's on EU), so that might be part of your issue. Older Catus was broken by simc a few days ago when they changed the format of their data.

Edit: The reason why half the profile is missing is because older Catus was throwing an error when it was applying the reforging to your bracer. Since older Catus had no idea about the random stats, and you have a Crit > Mastery reforge, Catus complained that "There is no Crit" to reforge and aborted the import. I didn't have any error detection on input because I assume that the Blizzard API will only give me valid profiles.

I apologize for any bugs or w/e in advance; Catus is still a side project under development with very minimal bug testing. In the future, if you have problems, you can also msg me or email me: [email protected] , so this forum doesn't get filled up with Catus issues :)

I believe this reforging for your gear is: 5533 M, 4987 H, 4848 Crit (but a bit sloppy on on Hit/Exp). You could probably do better if you just let it work, with one of the slower search options (ie. Random: Very Slow) but it might be difficult considering your unreforged mastery (8000) vs haste (2600). It's often difficult to find good solutions quickly; I'm still working on ways to speed this process up. But for every profile I've tried, I've been able to find really good solutions, if I let it chug.
Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
Head : MasteryRating -> CritRating
Neck : HitRating -> HasteRating
Shoulders : ExpertiseRating -> CritRating
Back : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Chest : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Wrists : CritRating -> HasteRating
Hands : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Waist : ExpertiseRating -> MasteryRating
Legs : MasteryRating -> CritRating
Feet : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Ring1 : MasteryRating -> CritRating
Ring2 : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
Trinket2 : HitRating -> HasteRating
MainHand : MasteryRating -> CritRating

This is a bit tighter for Hit/Exp, but a pretty big gap between M and Min(H,C):
Hit                  =  2552
Expertise            =  2553
Mastery              =  5688
Haste                =  4689
Critical Strike      =  5038

Spoiler: show
Head : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Neck : HitRating -> HasteRating
Shoulders : ExpertiseRating -> CritRating
Back : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Chest : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Wrists : CritRating -> HasteRating
Hands : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Waist : ExpertiseRating -> CritRating
Legs : MasteryRating -> HitRating
Feet : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Ring1 : MasteryRating -> CritRating
Ring2 : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
Trinket2 : HitRating -> CritRating
MainHand : HitRating -> CritRating

My reforger was written with the intention of finding perfect reforgings using non-uniform weights. It does a really good job at this style reforging (because I can reduce the search space very efficiently) -- too bad we no longer want that style reforging :( 1:1:1 is much more complex and probably requires some kind of heuristics to find solutions faster.

I'm getting even tighter results if I change your cloak enchant to Hit, but it's still a bit sloppy for Hit/Exp. You could maybe try changing your glove enchant or change a few of your Red gems to Purple (although your minimal reforgable Hit is already near the lower bound.)

Edit: I'll add a fancier character lookup feature tonight. Looks like I can just parse the search results: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=ed ... wcharacter and look for level 90 Feral's. This way you just need to type your name and region (US/EU/etc.) Or I'll just add an auto-correct to the realm name (although I haven't found a good web resource yet that lists all realm names.)

Postby lamchopp » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Hey, thanks for all the replies and your in-depth analysis raffy. The problem indeed was using an oldwe version. I got it to work and I'm running with the numbers similar or if not identical to the one's Raffy posted (~5500 mastery, ~5000 haste, ~5000 crit). I'll definitely consider playing around with the hit enchants to see if I can optimize even more seeing as some people have gotten values to within 100 of each other.

Postby Syo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:25 pm

Yea it may just be entirely gear dependent, but I'm currently setting on a 29 difference between Mastery > Haste > Crit which seems extremely close, and I didn't change any of my Enchants/Gemming, so I may have just lucked out.

I also had to have another Feral in my guild run my character through Catus, because when I ran it I couldn't get anything to pop up indicating how I should reforge, but it would perform the process correctly.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:15 am

If you have a multicore machine, using one of the really slow Random search options typically will find a great solution.

Often, if your reforging still sucks, change your orange gems to Agi + your lowest stat relative to no-reforges.

I have a new version of Catus that I'll probably release tomorrow, with a bunch of updates:
- Reforging now has a progress bar and can be cancelled
- Import will auto-correct the realm name
- Import can be done w/o realm aka just "Edgy" or "Pawkets" (it will do a Blizzard character search, I've tested this on a bunch of druids that comment here and works great.)
- Import will remember a recent list of Druids you have successfully imported
- Updated Simc importer to handle Aggixx's latest changes
- I started exposing more of the simulator in the interface (so you can use Catus to get some DPS information)

I will also make an updated trinket rank for Heroic ilvl pre-Lei shen once I finish making sure the new action list changes function properly.

Postby Onizu » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:23 am

I've been struggling with getting a good 1:1:1 reforge out of Catus lately. I've set hit and exp to max 2550 with a weight of 999 (trying to get as close to the cap as possible without going over). When I do this I will end up with "null" as suggested reforge for every item (even on Very Very Slow). If I let it go slightly over cap (by 100-250 or so each) it will find a solution though, but usually a terrible one (with over 1000 rating differance between mastery and crit), and it still reforges hit <-> expertise so it would be possible to go below the caps by just reforging them to something else.

I'm currently rocking the best reforge it's been able to find, but I'm not happy with it. A couple of upgrades ago it found really good reforges though.

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... u/advanced

Also, is there a good spot to always find the latest version of Catus? And maybe some sort of documentation about stuff. Like what does the "Prevent" checkbox next to the weights do?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:11 pm

If I load your profile, and hit clear reforges, Crit is by far your lowest stat (3k+ difference to Haste/Mastery). I would change all your orange gems to Agi/Crit and your cloak to Crit and possibly experiment picking up some of the Yellow socket bonuses with Agi/Crit gems.

Prevent will prevent that stat from being reforged out-of. It was great for maximizing Mastery because it greatly simplifies the search space if you prevent gear from Reforging Mastery into Hit or Exp. It is unnecessary and detrimental for 1:1:1 reforging.

Using a Weight with 1:1:1 will not work as you intend. The weight field is for more generic type reforging. The goal of reforging is to maximize some kind of score, like: (Hit * HitWeight + Exp * ExpWeight + Haste * HasteWeight + ...) Giving Hit a huge amount of weight is actually working against it.

With 1-minute search using the changes I suggested (Change 2x Agi/Mast to Agi/Crit and Crit on Cloak), I found this (little sloppy on expertise but with M-Min(H,C) = 30). I'm sure with a slower search you could find better:
Hit                  =  2556
Expertise            =  2577
Mastery              =  5786
Haste                =  5756
Critical Strike      =  5767

Neck : HitRating -> CritRating
Shoulders : HasteRating -> ExpertiseRating
Back : MasteryRating -> CritRating
Chest : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
Wrists : CritRating -> HitRating
Hands : HitRating -> CritRating
Waist : HasteRating -> CritRating
Legs : HitRating -> CritRating
Feet : MasteryRating -> CritRating
Ring2 : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
Trinket1 : MasteryRating -> CritRating
MainHand : HitRating -> CritRating

Note: you can see in this reforging, it's stuck converting almost everything into Crit.

Postby Onizu » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:58 am

Hey raffy, thanks for the reply. What you say makes sense, I've just been experimenting with it a bit since I didn't find much in the way of documentation, so thanks for clarifying stuff.

I toyed around a bit more last night and it indeed seemed like removing the weights completely and upgrading to the latest version I found here solved the issues with it not finding any suggestions at all. Thanks for digging out a good reforge solution though, although I prefer to stay below the hit/exp cap instead of just above which makes it a bit trickier, but I found that by experimenting with setting a lower and upper bound and slowly raising the lower bound until it no longer found a possible reforge solution worked decently. I shall experiment some more with changing my enchants and gems though.

Thanks again for the help, and mad props for making this app, it's pretty sweet. :)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:21 am

Latest Catus: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2989349/Catus5.zip
- Reforging now has a progress bar and can be cancelled
- Import will auto-correct the realm name
- Import can be done w/o realm aka just "Edgy" or "Pawkets" and leave realm field blank
(it will do a Blizzard character search, I've tested this on a bunch of druids that comment here and works great)
- Import will remember a recent list of Druids you have successfully imported
- Updated Simc importer to handle Aggixx's latest changes

Postby Bethany » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Should rename and sticky this thread, Catus is pretty impressive :)

Honored

Postby Vami » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:31 pm

Bethany wrote:Should rename and sticky this thread, Catus is pretty impressive :)

Yeah or search the original Catus thread and sticky that one. Catus is awesome.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:05 am

Sadly, the cool part of Catus is the actual simulator, and I haven't spent much time linking it to the interface. In latest Catus, I lazily exposed the "Combat Log: Distribution" option, but there are no combat settings.

I typically just write custom code when I want to do a simulation with custom output files, and then import everything into Mathematica to do the analysis. Ultimately, the more standard things like gear comparisons (is X better than Y?) and trinket ranks and stuff, should be standard Catus functions with nice, formatted output.

Honored

Postby Vami » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:53 pm

Interesting, I was wondering how you actually do the simulations. To be able to do all that only in Catus... That'd be beyond epic. If you've got the time and interest to implement that into Catus some day, know that at least I'd love to use it! And I'm sure I can't be the only one. :)

Return to Kitty DPS