Register

Maximizing Rune of Re-Origination

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Maximizing Rune of Re-Origination

Postby Frozzenfire » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:03 pm

I just got the trinket today, and i watched aggixx guide on the reforgeing of gear when you have the trinket.

now i just want to know if i did it correctly?

heres armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/h ... e/advanced

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:51 pm

Should be able to do better than that, I got you to 4995/5005/5184 after changing your helm orange gem to Agi/Crit:
Spoiler: show
Head : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
Neck : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Shoulders : HasteRating -> CritRating
Chest : MasteryRating -> CritRating
Waist : MasteryRating -> HitRating
Legs : MasteryRating -> HitRating
Feet : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Wrists : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
Hands : CritRating -> HasteRating
Ring1 : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Ring2 : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Trinket2 : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Back : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
MainHand : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating

On a semi-related note it seems like you're missing out on a lot of socket bonuses, and some yellow sockets to toy with could really help to get a really nice stat balance.

Postby Frozzenfire » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:36 am

ok thanks, will look into it.

Postby Frozzenfire » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Heres what i got it to after looking over it again.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/h ... e/advanced

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Frozzenfire wrote:Heres what i got it to after looking over it again.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/h ... e/advanced

via Catus, if you let it work a bit more I'm sure it could find something better:
Spoiler: show
Hit = 2560
Expertise = 2550
Mastery = 5184
Haste = 5102
Critical Strike = 5066
Total: 20462

Reforgings:
Head Mastery > Expertise
Neck Mastery > Hit
Shoulder null
Back Mastery > Expertise
Chest Mastery > Critical Strike
Wrist Critical Strike > Hit
Hands Hit > Haste
Waist Mastery > Hit
Legs Mastery > Expertise
Feet Mastery > Haste
Finger 1 Mastery > Haste
Finger 2 Mastery > Hit
Trinket 1 null
Trinket 2 Mastery > Haste
Main Hand Mastery > Haste
Off Hand null

Postby schams » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:15 pm

I got this trinket today and testet it some minutes at the dummy . The internal CD is 22seconds but i have downtimes for about 1 minute +. So is the reforge really worth it?
Next raid is Wednsday so i have to wait to test it at "real" conditions.
Has anyone experience?

Edit: tried to reforge , can anybody check please?
http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/m ... s/advanced

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:16 am

schams wrote:I got this trinket today and testet it some minutes at the dummy . The internal CD is 22seconds but i have downtimes for about 1 minute +. So is the reforge really worth it?

Working as intended, the ICD is not an indicator of the trinket's uptime or proc frequency for RPPM trinkets. And yes, it is worth it, at least according to the sims, YMMV.

Your reforges look pretty decent but your mastery is more than 200 higher than both your haste and crit so I imagine there's probably a better solution to be found (albeit slightly).

Honored

Postby Ekthelion » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:19 am

Is 140 mastery on boots superior to 140 agility for feral with Rune equipped?
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:00 pm

aggixx wrote:
schams wrote:I got this trinket today and testet it some minutes at the dummy . The internal CD is 22seconds but i have downtimes for about 1 minute +. So is the reforge really worth it?

Working as intended, the ICD is not an indicator of the trinket's uptime or proc frequency for RPPM trinkets. And yes, it is worth it, at least according to the sims, YMMV.

Your reforges look pretty decent but your mastery is more than 200 higher than both your haste and crit so I imagine there's probably a better solution to be found (albeit slightly).

I got lucky and coined the trinket last night. In in short testing on the dummies to get used to it, I have found the trinket can really be feast or famine. I had 3 procs in a row as soon as the ICD was up. I also had a few times when it was well over a minute (maybe more). Like most trinkets we have had in the past, I wouldn't expect consistancy. However I will say the Haste is worth it as there is no way my old reforges would have caused that 3 proc in a row.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:44 pm

Ekthelion wrote:Is 140 mastery on boots superior to 140 agility for feral with Rune equipped?

No, while your preference of what to do with secondaries changes when you get Rune, Agility actually pulls further away from secondaries in value.

Raffy was kind enough to post a Catus release here that has support for reforging with Rune of Re-Origination (guide is included in that post). I would be interested in hearing if people have more or less luck with this versus WoWReforge (or whatever tool you may be using). I know personally I will likely be using both and then comparing their solutions until I can come to a conclusion on which method generates better results, but for now I do not have the trinket yet so that will have to wait.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:04 pm

I used Cactus last night to help me with reforging. It was pretty easy to get the print out for reforges, and they are very close. The only issue I had was the output was close to wowreforge, but not close enough for me to copy it into reforgerate.

Postby Stranglehorn » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:36 pm

I know it's been said before, but just to reiterate WoWReforge does not take in to account upgraded items. You need to manually adjust those items and then balance.

I was pressed for time last night and worked out my 1:1:1 reforges 30 min prior to raid after getting the trink on late Monday night. I was excited to get everything pretty balanced (< 100 across the board.) I slammed the reforges on, switched up yellow gems and glove/back enchants and headed off to raid. I was quite disappointed after watching my paper doll stats in the first couple of pulls of H Jin to see Crit being proc'd and not Mastery. /facepalm It took a bit to figure out where the extra Crit was coming from. Definite D'oh thread material.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:33 pm

Some one still have Terror equipped?

Postby Yatahaze » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:20 pm

aggixx wrote:Raffy was kind enough to post a Catus release here that has support for reforging with Rune of Re-Origination (guide is included in that post). I would be interested in hearing if people have more or less luck with this versus WoWReforge (or whatever tool you may be using). I know personally I will likely be using both and then comparing their solutions until I can come to a conclusion on which method generates better results, but for now I do not have the trinket yet so that will have to wait.

I have done some 1:1:1 calculation attempts with my toon and got 4 different results. First, I've tried WoWReforge with aggixx's video guide and got a result which I was happy with. Then, I've discovered Catus (which by the way seems awesome, thanks for the time put into this by the developer) and wanted to give it a shot and got 3 new variations. The results are as follows, including the amount of mastery gained when RoR procs (hopefully this calculation is correct -> [Mastery+2*(Crit+Haste)]:

1. WoWReforge: 5896 Mastery > 5859 Crit > 5759 Haste ---> 29132 Mastery on proc
(All my orange gems were +80Agi/+160Mastery with the glove enchant +170 Mastery)

2. Catus: 5890 Mastery > 5887 Haste > 5737 Crit ---> 29138 Mastery on proc
(All my orange gems were +80Agi/+160Mastery with the glove enchant +170 Mastery)

3. Catus: 5913 Mastery > 5856 Haste > 5745 Crit ---> 29115 Mastery on proc
(Swapped all my orange gems to +80 Agi/+160 Crit for this one)

4. Catus: 5914 Mastery > 5813 Haste > 5787 Crit ---> 29114 Mastery on proc
(Swapped all my orange gems to +80Agi/+160 Haste and the glove enchant to +170 Haste)

As you can tell, the results are pretty close to each other. I would like to get your thoughts on two points.

First, I am kind of surprised seeing that even though I've changed my gems and enchants, all iterations ended up generating 3 stats (mastery-crit-haste) with the same sum value of 17514. I'm not good at the math stuff and would like to know whether this is this normal.

Second, I am not sure about which one of these 4 results I should go with. Should I choose with respect to the highest resulting Mastery value on RoR proc (i.e. result #2)? Or should I neglect that much of a small difference and go with the option with highest static mastery value (i.e. result #4), which indeed may also be regarded as a very insignificant difference.

For a first post, it has been pretty long. Sorry about this and hope my results can help people. I'd be glad to hear your ideas about my questions.

Cheers.
Yatahaze

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:48 pm

Yatahaze wrote:First, I am kind of surprised seeing that even though I've changed my gems and enchants, all iterations ended up generating 3 stats (mastery-crit-haste) with the same sum value of 17514. I'm not good at the math stuff and would like to know whether this is this normal.

Yup, sounds right to me. Changing your gems or glove enchants isn't changing the amount of stats you have, it's just moving them around. So crit+haste+mastery will always equal (crit+x)+haste+(mastery-x) or any similar combination (associative property and all that).

Of course if you do something that would move some stats into or out of hit or expertise then you would see a different sum.

Yatahaze wrote:Second, I am not sure about which one of these 4 results I should go with. Should I choose with respect to the highest resulting Mastery value on RoR proc (i.e. result #2)? Or should I neglect that much of a small difference and go with the option with highest static mastery value (i.e. result #4), which indeed may also be regarded as a very insignificant difference.

Personally I would just sim it with an obscene amount of iterations and see what it says is the best, but I would tend to think that having 1 higher mastery all the time is better than having 1 higher mastery during rune (everything else equal).

Given that info, I would put my bets on option 3. The other choices are trading something around 1 fulltime mastery for 1 rune mastery which probably isn't worth it, and while it has 1 less mastery than option 4 it has a better lean towards haste than crit which will let you have marginally more rune procs (and legendary procs, dancing steel, etc).

Postby CalliatTN » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:14 am

How important is it to have exactly 1:1:1 on secondary stats? (Ofc with slightly more mastery).

And can anyone recommend somewhere i can use to find out what gems i should replace and what reforges i should do to get the closest possible? As it was pointed out, wowreforge doesn't take it into account, and i am still pretty far off with my own guesses.

Postby Qpa » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 am

I'am not a real favorite of DoC at all.

Does anyone have some thoughts and numbers about Rune and HotW? Either with or without Wrath Spam in a Bloodlust phase?

kind regards

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Well Wrath spam with Rune is actually pretty bad. There is a good chance you will proc Run during Wrath spam and you will end up with 0 Haste, and a crap load of Mastery that will do you 0 good. If you have both it really isn't a good thing to use the proc unless you are going for Hurricane.

Postby Qpa » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:01 pm

Thought about reforging completly into crit. So you will end up with crit -(just above mastery) mastery -> haste.

While HotW and Bloolust you will end up with a haste caped wrath and just criting over 500k each.

But whats with the second secenario. Just the passive HotW and Rune.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:16 pm

I don't see why it wouldn't work out well with HotW passive and Rune.

The Crit idea I don't think is going to work out well. Sure 1 time a fight you could thrown down some burst. However the rest of the fight you are going to be hurting yourself every time Rune procs.

Honored

Postby Vami » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:26 pm

When I play HotW myself it's for the more powerful Tranq, not really for the dps. Wrath spamming shouldn't be a dps up now anyway. Rune proc with mastery is as awesome with HotW as it is with DoC, just less rng about how powerful you can make it. Don't make it proc crit.

Postby Shakrane » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi guys,

got rune two days ago,i got 512 ilvl, do you think is still worth it to spam rake during the proc, i saw you said 520+ ilvl but prefer to be sure.

There is my char:
do you think i can have a better reforge/gems/enchants.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/c ... n/advanced
I used Catus but i'm not sure i'm using it well.

Thx guys

Postby Referee » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Qpa wrote:Thought about reforging completly into crit. So you will end up with crit -(just above mastery) mastery -> haste.

While HotW and Bloolust you will end up with a haste caped wrath and just criting over 500k each.

But whats with the second secenario. Just the passive HotW and Rune.

I use HotW fulltime, though I use it mostly for the tranq and wrath spam only if the conditions are right. My reforge setup is such that with my agi weapon, I have (M/C/H) 5519/5475/5446 but with my MH/OH combo, I get the rune to always proc haste. I didn't yet try a setup that gives me a crit proc with caster weapons, but I can imagine that's stronger, especially if you're troll like me.

Postby Qpa » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:03 am

Nope I am a Nightelf :P

Yeah nevermind my problem is solved because i got last ID the Heroic Trinket of the first Boss and Heroic TF from Council so i will not gear the 25 normal Rune.

I prefer HotW just because the tranq is a nice filler for the healers.

kind regards

Honored

Postby Helistar » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:30 am

Tinderhoof wrote:I got lucky and coined the trinket last night. In in short testing on the dummies to get used to it, I have found the trinket can really be feast or famine. I had 3 procs in a row as soon as the ICD was up. I also had a few times when it was well over a minute (maybe more). Like most trinkets we have had in the past, I wouldn't expect consistancy. However I will say the Haste is worth it as there is no way my old reforges would have caused that 3 proc in a row.

I've had the pleasure (pain?) to get the Soul Charm and get a feeling of the new RPPM mechanics. It more or less makes completely impossible to line up trinkets with burst CDs, unless you keep the CDs and blow them when the proc arrives... which could be a lot later. I admit I preferred the ICD/high proc % of the past and looking at the ICD timers when planning about my CDs....

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS