Register

Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Face-rippin fun.
Exalted

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby raffy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:38 pm

The latest should have an export menu in top/left of Reforger that you can select Reforgerade for output. The new version (not released yet) has both Import and Export for Reforgerade as buttons: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... eforge.png

My 10 man group doesn't raid Friday so I'll probably have v6 finished and post an update tonight with the optimized 1:1:1 reforger w/multiple results + the other changes from above: posting.php?mode=reply&f=3&t=4574#pr16616

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:04 pm

Ah ha! Thanks.

Postby Eluu » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Seems like a great program, any chance to allow Windwalker use this for the 1:1:1 reforge.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:48 pm

He is adding support for Monks (he mentioned it in this thread I think).

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:27 pm

WW support will be enabled in the next update, but it will be a hack. Internally, the Profile/Gear/Items/Enchants/Gems/Import/Blizzard whatever code works for any class. From the command line, I can reforge a Monk no problem. It takes 2 lines of code for me to import a profile from Blizzard for any class and reforge it.

The actual problem is making the interface. Already the interface is by far the biggest slowdown for me, as it makes almost everything 100x harder, when you have to consider.. how do I design a GUI to configure X, Y, Z? Making it clear and simple takes it to the next level, and then making it bug-free and resilient adds even more complexity. I'm also anal about how it looks, so I can't stand it if something isn't centered or aligned improperly, and it doesn't help that Java GUI stuff is awful.

Catus was designed specifically for Ferals from the start. I wanted to make the interface such that it's smart enough that you cannot do something that's impossible in-game. I found, after doing various WoW-related calculations over the years, that getting the inputs right is often the hardest part. After spending a lot of time writing a really nice underlying WoW API, I realized how much easier it was to develop various experiments on top of this code base.

Catus was also designed to be easy. I'd say a decent percent of posts on this forum involve "X vs Y" related questions and doing these kinds of simulations in Simc is doable, but not necessarily simple or quick. v6 will have one-click gear compare feature that should be able to answer these types of questions with literally no setup.

If the interface isn't important and all you want to do is reforge your WW from armory (without changing gear, gems, enchants, etc..), I can release a very simple program that can dump solutions. I could add a "paper doll" as text (in Catus's CompactGear representation) so you can change gear. Actually, I might do this instead.

Postby Touren » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:32 pm

First off, this is a great program!

Just a request: Could you add in so that the 1:1:1 reforge takes into account the 480 crit gained from max level skinning? I believe it doesn't take that into account at moment.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:21 am

Whoops, thank you. This is fixed for next version. I was applying that spell in the simulator part, but it wasn't visible to the reforger.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:29 am

@: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574#p16649
@: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574#p16657
I think I see the problem with the Eye of the Black Prince. I was using "has Sha or ilvl > 509" as a quick hack (as noted by my code comments.) I replaced this with a item id check for Eye of Black Prince validity, so 502 items should properly have a socket.
http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/catus_d ... Prince.txt

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:19 pm

I started a Catus spinoff for Monks, called Zephyrus:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... hyrus3.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... hyrus2.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... hyrus1.png

Right now it is extremely basic, but it gives you the ability to one-click import from armory, and then perform 1:1:1 reforging using my new exhaustive Rune reforger.

You get 3 settings:
- Hit/Exp target: how much Hit/Exp you'd like (which should basically be just kept at 2550). This will be automatically adjusted to the lowest reforgeable amount incase you have an excess.
- Range: how much slop is allowed for each Hit/Exp above your target.
- Mastery Gap: the amount of extra mastery you want, incase you have a haste/crit proc ie. M + Gap > Max(H, C)

The reforger will present you with a list of solutions, choosing one will update your gear/stats.

Export will give you reforgerade reforge instructions.

Zephyrus should be able to import and understand all gear, racials, professions, enchants, and whatever. The stats shown are the "effective" stats (like including 1% hit from a racial.) The highest stat is shown in green. The score is M + 2*(H+C).

The character lookup field is intelligent, in that it will both: autocorrect the realm name, or if the realm is missing, do a player search. So typically you just need to type in your name and set the region (US or w/e.)

I'll release this when I finish the next Catus update. Adding monk support, adding more generic racial support, and fixing the Eye/socket bug from above, required me to change a bunch of internal stuff. Catus now knows about all the specs in the game, so it can perform more generic gear validation. I also greatly improved the launch time as it loads more things on-demand now, instead of at-launch. I added minimum required level checks for gems. I greatly simplified the gem choices. I made it so you can import non-feral (but still Druid) characters into Catus and show the proper reforgings (before I wasn't allowing non-feral-worthy reforgings.)

Edit:
- added the reforger to Catus interface:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... forger.png
- added a new "Bounds" button which will find Min/Max for your stats across all possible reforgings
- expanded Mastery Gap into Crit Gap and Haste Gap, so if you have Talisman of Bloodlust, you could set the gap to be like 2 stacks ... maybe, lol. I mostly added this feature so I can re-sim the Rune+Talisman where the proc isn't choosing Haste and tanking the DPS.

Edit: (check first post in this thread for latest)
Zephyrus alpha available here: (removed check first post for download link)

Edit:
I posted instructions at mmo-champ thread, but my account is too new, so I couldn't post links and it hasn't even been approved by a mod yet.

If you have difficulty finding a solution, relax the Range from 5 (default) to like 250 or 500. It seems that computing
(Max(LowestHit/Exp, TargetHit/Exp) + Range) as the ceiling isn't very useful considering the lowest Hit might be reforging from Exp and the lowest Exp might be reforging Hit. I will improve this in the next update, so the range can remain tight. Still even at 500, you just end up trying 1:1:1 reforging on more permutations, but since the results are sorted, there should be no effective difference.

Edit:
After reforging, I put all the solutions in a popup menu. I select the second item in the menu, which is the best reforging it found. Above that reforging, is your original reforging. I believe that popup menu supports focus/key-events, so once you have it selected, you can up/down arrow through the solutions.
Last edited by raffy on Tue May 14, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Postby Eluu » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:06 am

Awesome, thanks alot for the Monk version, works great. I had gotten my starts pretty close manually with like 50 points difference in stats and a bit wasted hit, but this optimzed it really well.

My stats are now
Hit: 2550
Exp: 2551
Mastery: 6617
Crit: 6615
Haste: 6616

Good job, this saves a lot of time and does better job :)

Don't want to sound like a greedy prick, but does the future catus update also gem/ench optimally for WW?

Anyway much appriciated on this.

Postby Shakrane » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Hello guys, is the new version available ? where can i dl it ?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:36 pm

Eluu wrote:Don't want to sound like a greedy prick, but does the future catus update also gem/ench optimally for WW?

My reforger works in 2 phases, that both run together. One thread is exhaustively walking the Hit/Exp search space and finding reforgings where Hit/Exp land between the Target and Target + Range and satisfy the Haste and Crit gaps. The remaining threads, after receiving a solution, try keep the Hit/Exp fixed and try all possible Mastery/Crit/Haste reforges. All solutions are dumped into a heap, where only the best N are kept.

I initially thought, after looking at a bunch of Feral examples, that the Hit/Exp space was smaller than the sum of all of the resulting 1:1:1's, but after trying a bunch of Monk configurations, I noticed that my reforger is slower. This is mainly due to the complexity that results by adding 1 extra slot from dual wield. A typical monk Hit/Exp space is nearly 15 billion permutations. You can see a huge speed up if you disable a slot (which essentially freezes the slot). With two slots disabled, it reforges almost instantly (I don't recommend this since waiting 1 minute isn't the end of the world.)

In regards to further optimization: if on top of the current 15 billion permutations, consider: Cloak: Hit/Crit? (2), thats a 30 billion or 2x slower. For gloves, Mastery/Crit/Expertise? (2 relative to Hit/Exp), now 60 billion, 4x slower. Factor in gems, this will easily hit 1 trillion. For reference, I think the "Very Very Slow" option in Catus was 16 billion.

My old reforger was random, in that it only partially sampled the reforge space. This resulted in the occasional shitty solution, even if it had a few minutes to work. I much prefer the current approach, where 1 click gives you the best possible answer.

For gems/enchants, I think a good heuristic is the following:
- import your dude
- click bounds
- if hit/exp is too close to 2550, make sure cloak isn't hit and gloves isn't expertise
- click clear reforgings
- change all of your orange gems to the stat that is naturally the lowest

For Catus, there is definitely consensus in how to gem, so I will probably add a button to perform the above suggestion.

For Zephyrus, I don't really see any consistency in how Monks gem (nor do I play one seriously in PvE) so I'm unsure what to do.

Shakrane wrote:Hello guys, is the new version available ? where can i dl it ?

Latest release will always be in the first post of this thread. v6 is not out yet, but should be today.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:26 pm

error.png
error.png (65.32 KiB) Viewed 4464 times

Import error in TW realm

Another question is ASIA version item is +8 level in 25R droped

25N -> 530
25N TF -> 536
25H -> 543
25H TF -> 549

Plz can check my armory
http://tinyurl.com/coa27l3

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:14 am

Ha! I never tested an import outside of US/EU. And wow, I had no idea they use different scaling. This should be fixable. Working on it now.

Edit: Do blue (superior) items have this upgrade style? Such that you could +8 ilvl upgrade it twice? Or just epics?

Edit: I got it working. Next version will have proper support for the Asian regions.
Here is your profile imported properly:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... tinent.png

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:35 am

raffy wrote:Ha! I never tested an import outside of US/EU. And wow, I had no idea they use different scaling. This should be fixable. Working on it now.

Edit: Do blue (superior) items have this upgrade style? Such that you could +8 ilvl upgrade it twice? Or just epics?

Edit: I got it working. Next version will have proper support for the Asian regions.
Here is your profile imported properly:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... tinent.png

Big Thanks for reply! :D

25 heroic epic items use this upgrade style only.

EX:

25 normal ilvl 530 (2/4), +4 ilvl twice. = 530+4+4 = 538 (4/4)
25 heroic ilvl 543 (2/4), +4 ilvl twice. = 543+4+4 = 551 (4/4)

This is ASIA version.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:07 am

Catus v6 released, download link in first post.
- improved auto-correct for realm name (still needs more work)
- added monk support: zephyrus
- added import/export buttons for gear
- added import/export buttons for reforge
- added new 1:1:1 reforger
- added reforger bounds
- added reforger core setting
- made reforger thread low priority
- cleaned up gem interface
- greatly improved boot time
- load-on-demand for most stuff
- added support for non-feral import
- added gear, gem, enchant, tinker, reforge compare
- updated Gear.txt and Gems.txt
- audit now includes missing enchants
- added more meta gem stuff
- added new pvp meta support
- added proper eye of black prince support
- fixed an utf-8 encoding issue
- added automatic orange gem-er for rune
- split mastery gap into haste and crit gap
- fixed a bug with CompactGear when a gem is skipped
- CompactGear supports placehold gems ":"
- CompactGear will attempt to gem intelligently if provided gems < sockets
- CompactGear will barf if gems > sockets
- improved 1:1:1 reforger bounds
- importer will now grab talents/glyphs from your Feral spec, even if Guardian is currently selected
- merged name/realm field into one
- improved "go to armory" feature (performs lookup first)
- continent support (us/eu vs kr/tw/cn)
- improved region support (proper host names)
- fixed non-ascii characters in urls
- jewelcrafting regemer works now (intelligent replacement)
- added sha menu to regemer
- realm lookup now works for asian regions
- recent menu restores continent
- bounds also includes stats w/o gems/enchants
- various ui fixes

X vs Y comparison did not make it into this update. I haven't figured out a good way to design the interface yet, so this will have to wait a few more days.

Postby Photek » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:12 am

It seems Zephyrus doesn't like umlauts on vowels, I get an error while exporting :( "No API Data" (can't post the rest of the message, forum marks it as spam ._:) Character is Photëk on EU C'Thun btw.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:27 am

Photek wrote:It seems Zephyrus doesn't like umlauts on vowels, I get an error while exporting :( "No API Data" (can't post the rest of the message, forum marks it as spam ._:) Character is Photëk on EU C'Thun btw.

Edit: Fixed this for both player lookup and importer. Thanks for the report.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... yrus3b.rar

Postby requital » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:34 am

raffy wrote:< snip >

I like what you have done with the importer but a few suggestions, First thing is Hit and Expertise should be separate and not together for a multitude of reasons but mainly at times you can be slightly under the hit cap and still be ok. With that being said the next part would be the actual program it seems to look for the hit cap above but will not use the relaxed constraints to go below the cap.

Other than that it's a nice program thanks for making it available.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Why do you feel that going below the hit cap is worth it?

Postby Shakrane » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Such a great work! Thx bro!
This new version is awesome

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Currently, you could just set your hit/exp cap below 2550, and then choose a solution that you like. The problem being that since the score is based on M + 2 * (H + C), it will favor under-hit/exp cap solutions over better ones. So you'll have to do this in small increments, 2548, 2546, etc...

I'll revise the score in the next update so it's a bit more intelligent. I also might try removing relative duplicates (same overall stats, different reforging) so more can be presented.

The range doesn't seem to impact reforging speed as much as I expected. I think once it's found a few solutions, it essentially has a dynamic lower bound on what makes a solution good. I might just set it to a larger number and remove this feature.

That free's up some space so I can just split the lower bound into separate Hit and Exp fields.

I mainly just need a better equation for ranking the results.

Postby requital » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Well it indeed depends on how low below you go, But for example my reforging is.

7893/7893/7895

In order to get this I'm sitting @ 2514 which is like .11% chance to miss which isn't a big deal. Now on the opposite side of this I could go with what this is suggesting which is.

7869/7869/7870

Now those numbers aren't that far off but it's also sitting @ 2669 Hit and 2630 Expertise, If the program used relaxed constraints both above and below it would have come out with the 7893/7893/7895.

Now it is your program and if you don't want it doing that I understand completely in my opinion it would be better.

Anyway you look at it great program just giving suggestions.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:33 pm

Could you link your armory?

Edit: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... u/advanced

In your current gear, you are 2514 hit, 2712 exp (score 39467)

In Zephyrus, if you import "Reqfu" and hit bounds, you'll see that your lowest possible Hit is 2514.

If I set this as your lower bound with a 200 range, I get the following best solution: 2514 hit, 2630 expertise (score 39604)
7922 mastery, 7921 haste, 7920 crit
Code: Select all
Head : HitRating -> MasteryRating
Neck : HitRating -> HasteRating
Shoulders : HitRating -> HasteRating
Back : CritRating -> HasteRating
Chest : HitRating -> HasteRating
Hands : ExpertiseRating -> MasteryRating
Waist : ExpertiseRating -> CritRating
Legs : HasteRating -> CritRating
Feet : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Ring1 : HasteRating -> CritRating
Ring2 : CritRating -> MasteryRating
Trinket1 : ExpertiseRating -> MasteryRating
MainHand : ExpertiseRating -> MasteryRating
OffHand : HasteRating -> MasteryRating

Postby Eluu » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Got some upgrades today and ran this again, worked great exept it reforges me same amount of mastery and crit. it says on the program that i would have 6671 mastery and 6670 crit, but when i reforge it gives me 6670 in both crit and mastery, which means it will proc crit. Well not too big of a deal as i found another solution which puts me a bit under exp cap, so nothing too bad.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS