Register

Edgy/Raffy's Catus Thread (Not 6.0 Ready Yet)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby stormchen » Mon May 06, 2013 4:54 am

Thanks alot for making this great tool!

Postby ArkD » Mon May 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi, can you add Asian armory support to Zephyrus as well as Catus? I know a lot monk fellows waiting for this. Thank you. :)

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon May 06, 2013 3:07 pm

ArkD wrote:Hi, can you add Asian armory support to Zephyrus as well as Catus? I know a lot monk fellows waiting for this. Thank you. :)

I can add this tonight probably; I had to disable it temporarily when I realized it was broken, but it's working fine in Catus now.

Edit: Warning Asian Catus users, there still appears to be some off by 1 issues with my item scaling code. I just tested a few Monk imports from TW (which is heavily upgraded) and my hit and exp numbers were off by 0-3 stat points. I'll see if I can track down the exact problem tonight.

If any Asian Catus users can find specific upgraded examples of gear that do not match in-game, that would be very helpful.

Edit: Found it! Apparently Random Suffix item scaling is floored, but normal item scaling is rounded. Someone fire that intern! I'll release a fix tonight for both Catus and Zephyrus, until then, double check the stats on any upgraded item, as it might be off by 1.

Postby Durrian » Mon May 06, 2013 6:45 pm

"Latest Zephyrus (Catus for Monks!): v4 (last updated May 5"

Hi, i downloadet the newest version, and i calculate my monk. but he has not includet my human racial.
so he make that i have now 8.5% exp and not 7.5 ;(

exact 2550, but i need not so much becouse of my weappons. bad i cant tell him how much exp. i want...

can you help me out? thx you :)

my monk name is: miss
Realm: area 52
europe
Last edited by Durrian on Mon May 06, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon May 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Durrian wrote:Latest Zephyrus (Catus for Monks!): v4 (last updated May 5

Hi, i downloadet the newest version, and i calculate my monk. but he has not includet my human racial.
so he make that i have now 8.5% exp and not 7.5 ;(

exact 2550, but i need not so much becouse of my weappons. bad i cant tell him how much exp. i want...

can you help me out? thx you :)

Link your profile. I do factor in the Human racial, but only if both of your weapons support it. This was a change I made recently, possibly I screwed something up.

Postby Durrian » Mon May 06, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi, tanks for answer so fast ;) i edited my post with my monk^^

here : "http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/area-52/Miss/simple"

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon May 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Crap, sorry I'm adding 1% hit instead of 1% exp. This will be fixed tonight. I'll recheck all of the racials. Thanks for report.

Postby Durrian » Mon May 06, 2013 7:19 pm

I have to tank you :) very cool now with the gems and enchants, fantastic job!

hope it work tomorrow...but he dont make the hit wrong do to my weapons.
exact 2550...hmm, but im sure u fix it right, thx

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon May 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Durrian wrote:I have to tank you :) very cool now with the gems and enchants, fantastic job!

hope it work tomorrow...but he dont make the hit wrong do to my weapons.
exact 2550...hmm, but im sure u fix it right, thx

The numbers shown in Zephyrus are "effective" stats, not actual. It will still list 2550/2550, even though in-game one of your stats (before racials) will show as 2210.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue May 07, 2013 2:36 am

I got a new Zephyrus release (v5), I squashed about a billion bugs, sorry if anyone got bunk reforge solutions. Please continue posting issues that you find, and remember to include your profile!

I standardized the download URL for the latest version:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... Latest.zip

Screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... hyrus5.png

Major changes:
- Asia support
- Fixed All? Suffix/Upgrade bugs (checked against a lot of heavily upgraded TW profiles)
- Many more reforger options (orange gems, keep existing colors, remove duplicates, stop if perfect)
- Fixed Alliance Racials
- Fixed some crazy bug where if you had 8 cores, it was searching 1/8 of the space 8 times, rather than each of 8 pieces -- it's amazing it was able to find solutions before, now it finds really really good ones (often perfect)
Check ChangeLog for other stuff.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Tue May 07, 2013 3:00 am

My Armory:
http://tinyurl.com/coa27l3

Difference

Head:
Haste: 1151 : 1150
Mastery: 1223 : 1222

Back:
Haste: 273 : 272

Wrist:
Crit: 454 : 453
Haste: 726 : 725

Hand:
Crit: 915 : 914
Mastery: 343 : 342

Waist:
Exper: 403 : 402

Feet:
Crit: 533 : 532

Ring1:
Haste: 567 : 566

Trinket2:
Mastery: 1785 : 1784

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue May 07, 2013 3:17 am

Catus still has the problem, I didn't fix it yet. But I will, thanks for this information, I'll check your profile once I get Catus ready.

Postby requital » Tue May 07, 2013 3:46 am

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but the reforger is making some pretty strange suggestions.

I'm already well over the expertise cap and it's telling me to regem into expertise.

Stats: 5 differences
Agility: +400 Agi => -400 Agi
Critical Strike: -51 Crit => +51 Crit
Expertise: -645 Expertise => +645 Expertise
Haste: -52 Haste => +52 Haste
Mastery: -52 Mastery => +52 Mastery

I'm really not sure why it's telling me to reforge in this way or what I can do to check into but currently I have 2,630 Expertise after the reforge it has me at 3,275 expertise. While it is raising my stats I'm not sure the trade off of 400 agi is worth 51/52/52 in secondary stats along with way too much expertise.

But still a great program just not sure why it's making such suggestions.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue May 07, 2013 5:56 am

Are you using the latest version (v5)? Older versions didn't consider the agility gems, now it is an option in the interface.

Thanks for this example, even in my latest version, I seem to be socketing incorrectly (sticking oranges into prismatic sockets -- and you have 4 of them, it was supposed to be yellows, but I changed this code recently.)

I'm running a reforge right now on your gear -- Target: 2500, Range: 150, everything checked -- and hopefully it will find your current configuration amongst the solutions. Unfortunately, with both red gem types enabled, the permutation space is like 50 billion combinations, which is going to take a few minutes on my machine.

I might try splitting the Hit/Exp into two separate searches to speed this part up, do Hit first, and then try Exp, or vice-versa, as 50B+ is just too slow for frequent use.

Edit: took about 10 minutes, it seems to favor some ugly/unbalanced combination: "Mastery: 8187 / Haste: 7952 / Crit: 7779" because it scores 45 higher on the "Rune Score":

Current: 7922 + (7921 + 7920) * 2 = 39604
Suggestion: 8187 + (7952 + 7779) * 2 = 39649 (+45)

Here is the overall changes:
Agility: +80 Agi => -80 Agi
Critical Strike: +141 Crit => -141 Crit
Expertise: -5 Expertise => +5 Expertise
Haste: -31 Haste => +31 Haste
Mastery: -265 Mastery => +265 Mastery

I'm going to keep fiddling with this until it can find your current reforging properly.

Edit: awesome, found the problem. When I'm figuring out "1/3" for the minimum mastery threshold, I was using the largest possible stat sum, but I actually need to use the smallest since agility gems don't contribute to the sum.

Now if I freeze any slot (just for speed), it can find your solution.

I updated the latest Zephyrus to reflect these changes.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue May 07, 2013 6:42 am

scorpio0920 wrote:My Armory:

raffy wrote:Catus still has the problem, I didn't fix it yet. But I will, thanks for this information, I'll check your profile once I get Catus ready.

scorpio0920, try v8, link in first post. I checked your profile, it seems to be identical now.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:02 am

raffy wrote:
scorpio0920 wrote:My Armory:

raffy wrote:Catus still has the problem, I didn't fix it yet. But I will, thanks for this information, I'll check your profile once I get Catus ready.

scorpio0920, try v8, link in first post. I checked your profile, it seems to be identical now.

Perfact!

Thanks raffy.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue May 07, 2013 7:54 am

Haha, I just sped up the reforger like 1000x. I can basically get instantaneous Monk result with all features enabled.

@reqfu: 2514 hit, 2635 exp, 7974 mastery, 7972 haste, 7972 crit (+258 Rune Score)
Agility: +80 Agi => -80 Agi
Critical Strike: -52 Crit => +52 Crit
Expertise: -5 Expertise => +5 Expertise
Haste: -51 Haste => +51 Haste
Mastery: -52 Mastery => +52 Mastery

Spoiler: show
Reforges: 10 differences
Head: Hit > Mastery => Hit > Critical Strike
Neck: Hit > Haste => Hit > Critical Strike
Back: Critical Strike > Haste => Mastery > Haste
Chest: Hit > Mastery => Hit > Haste
Waist: Expertise > Mastery => Expertise > Critical Strike
Legs: None => Mastery > Critical Strike
Feet: None => Critical Strike > Haste
Finger 1: None => Haste > Critical Strike
Trinket 1: Expertise > Critical Strike => Expertise > Mastery
Main Hand: Haste > Mastery => Expertise > Mastery

Enchant: 0 differences

Gems: 10 differences
Head/Gem#2: Fractured Sun's Radiance => Quick Sun's Radiance
Neck/Gem#1: Fractured Sun's Radiance => Quick Sun's Radiance
Shoulder/Gem#1: Deft Vermilion Onyx => Deadly Vermilion Onyx
Chest/Gem#2: Piercing Wild Jade => Sensei's Wild Jade
Hands/Gem#1: Deft Vermilion Onyx => Adept Vermilion Onyx
Waist/Gem#2: Quick Sun's Radiance => Fractured Sun's Radiance
Waist/Gem#3: Quick Sun's Radiance => Fractured Sun's Radiance
Feet/Gem#1: Smooth Sun's Radiance => Fractured Sun's Radiance
Main Hand/Gem#1: Deadly Vermilion Onyx => Keen Vermilion Onyx
Main Hand/Gem#2: Smooth Sun's Radiance => Fractured Sun's Radiance

Tinkers: 0 differences

Reforgerade:
Head : HitRating -> CritRating
Neck : HitRating -> CritRating
Shoulders : HitRating -> MasteryRating
Back : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
Chest : HitRating -> HasteRating
Hands : ExpertiseRating -> HasteRating
Waist : ExpertiseRating -> CritRating
Legs : MasteryRating -> CritRating
Feet : CritRating -> HasteRating
Ring1 : HasteRating -> CritRating
Trinket1 : ExpertiseRating -> MasteryRating
MainHand : ExpertiseRating -> MasteryRating
OffHand : ExpertiseRating -> MasteryRating

I'll release this version tomorrow.

Postby Xig » Tue May 07, 2013 10:46 am

You truly amaze me Raffy. Just when I think Catus can't get any better, you come up with another update. Keep up the awesome work! We really appreciate it.

Postby requital » Tue May 07, 2013 12:31 pm

raffy wrote: < Thanks for all the hard work!

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue May 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Importing in Zephyrus doesn't work at all for my monk Chiry. It just states no level 90 monk with that name found, and if I try to specify "Chiry Hyjal" it errors trying to pull data from Chiry@Eonar.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue May 07, 2013 6:53 pm

For some reason Hyjal isn't in this list: http://us.battle.net/api/wow/realm/status
And it's blindly auto-correcting Hyjal to closest match, which apparently is Eonar. I'll try to fix this soon.

Edit: Blizzard broke something, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8769297381
Last edited by raffy on Tue May 07, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue May 07, 2013 6:57 pm

For some reason I had a hunch it was a Blizzard API issue. Silly Blizzard :lol:

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 08, 2013 8:39 am

aggixx wrote:For some reason I had a hunch it was a Blizzard API issue. Silly Blizzard :lol:

I have a new Zephryus release (v6) up with more optimized reforger, more features, and some bug fixes. You can now control Hit/Exp separately and bound them. You can consider green stamina gems (if you have too much hit.) You can tighten the 1:1:1 criteria using Mastery Overflow.

I've tested this on a bunch of profiles, and seem to be able to find solutions really quick now in most cases. It will get slower if you consider all gems types for both Orange and Green, but still completes quickly (occasionally it is slow for certain profiles.)

I added a work around for the realm issue, if you append an "!" to the end of the realm name, it will avoid doing realm name validation. After successfully importing a character, it will add an ! by default to the properly localized realm name to avoid future searches.

I also started adding tooltips to the interface to explain how things work.

Screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... hyrus6.png

Like always, let me know if you find it doing something stupid, or if it's not working, or w/e, and remember to include your armory and any other information.

Catus will get similar treatment tomorrow.

Postby Rorianna » Wed May 08, 2013 9:30 am

The latest edition of Zephyrus: v6 is really really fast now, the only quarrel I have with it is that it picks up a 60 agility socket bonus on a blue slot putting me 158 hit above cap instead of making that a pure gem for whatever stat would be relevant. It has the option of using stamina gems but that would be a dps loss.

Took 5 seconds to calculate this:

I currently had agility gems because I don't have the Lei Shen trinket yet but I was interested to see what I would have to do when I got it. Was quite nice to find a program like this that was able to completely regem and reforge my setup (except for not ignoring socket bonus).

A few questions/observations:

Haste Gap and Crit Gap. In order to solve the hit problem I tried putting in a 160 Haste Gap. This caused it to put both haste AND crit 160+ below mastery. The Crit Gap field doesn't seem to do anything at all.

"Remove Duplicates" - I assume this remove reforges that use different items to give the same stat amounts?

After I press the reforge button I have to press the cross on the bar to "cancel" the reforge and then it starts reforging.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed May 08, 2013 2:55 pm

Thanks! Crit Gap was being ignored, it was reading the Haste Gap value for both settings by accident. It also appears I need to change the math here, because if the Gap exceeds the Overflow, it won't find a solution due to the "1/3" mastery logic. My intention for the Gap's was using a 3500 Haste Gap and pairing the Rune with the Talisman of Bloodlust.

Remove duplicates will only show one permutation of the secondary stats, even though multiple reforgings/gems/enchant arrangements can produce those same values.

Often what you can do, is find a good solution, then freeze like 5+ slots (to drastically reduce the search space) and disable remove duplicates, then run the reforger again (so you find the same result but now with multiple copies of it), and walk through the set of duplicate solutions until you find one that has minimal changes. I intend to make this the default behavior soon, in addition to finding identical gem arrangements that minimize the cost of actually making the change.

One caveat: a "near perfect solution", where the spread (the value in parentheses at the end of the reforge description) is within 4, will often only have 1 solution regardless of the remove duplicates setting.

If you keep existing colors, it will just change gem types but not change colors, so if you're satisfied with whatever socket bonuses you've chosen (like breaking a Blue socket with a Yellow gem, it will only try Yellow gems in that position.) Possibly instead I can add an option that says broken bonuses are "free slots" and can be any gems, rather than color restricted (currently it is either match socket or match existing gem.) Or, I could add an option so slot enable/disable will just freeze the gem colors, rather than prevent the slot from being changed.

When you have lots of features enabled, the set of possible gems is ridiculous, it's like 200K+ different arrangements of just gems. Which means for every possible reforging (there are about 1 trillion of them), you can gem each one an additional 200K different ways. Often, the first tick on the progress bar involves walking through a big chunk of the gem space, so I assume that you're actually canceling the reforger very early into it's process. It does this phase of the reforging in "order" by distance of Hit/Exp to the target (so it tries really tight solutions first) and when you cancel, it will give you results it's found up to that point.

Can you link your profile?

Edit: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... a/advanced

Edit: I fixed the gap math. In doing so, I found yet another speed increase. I removed the need for "[x] Stop if Perfect" because it's unnecessary now. My 32 core i7 at work just flashes the reforge dialog, haha.

Tips: if you want a quick answer, put hit/exp at Near 2550, put the range at 10, and the overflow to 20. If it finds any solution here, it will be quite good. Range at 0 will find perfect "Hit/Exp" solutions. Overflow at 1 will find perfect "X+1:X:X" solutions.

Edit: v9 available for both Catus and Zephyrus. More bug fixes and further optimization.

I think the reforger now is effective enough at giving good solutions, so I'm going to return to working on Catus and the simulator. Next update will finally have the one-click "Gear DPS: A vs B" feature so you can easily run simulations using your own gear/talents to figure out what is better, or how powerful different buffs are, or whatever.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS