Register

Rune of Reorigination LFR version

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Rune of Reorigination LFR version

Postby óak » Thu May 16, 2013 8:26 pm

I'm new to these forums, so Hi :-) I'm hoping to join your community of feral druids. I'll start with a query I have.

Last week I got the LFR version of Rune of Reorigination. I currently only have access to the LFR version because our guild hasn't made it to Lei Shen yet.

I am reforged towards the haste:crit:mastery ratio of 1:1:1 with mastery slightly higher (used the guide by Aggixx, which is very good by the way)

My question is that at my current gear level, Is the Rune of Reorigination LFR version actually worth using. I've heard from a number of different sources that even the LFR version is worth using, but I'm not so sure.

If I were to change the RoR for the VP Trinket (Passive Hit + Agility proc) I would go back to reforging/gemming to Mastery, I would be able to get to approximately 72% Mastery unbuffed.
Is this likely to be superior to the RoR Proc of about 180% Mastery that I'm currently getting, obviously the proc only lasts 10 seconds and I'm finding with the LFR version at least, the proc is not that common. I'm sure this would be no contest with the normal version of RoR, but I'm not completely convinced LFR RoR is worth using when the proc rate is so infrequent and the amount of passive Mastery I could gain if I went back to reforging to Mastery is so significant.

Is it worth going back to VP Trinket in place of RoR? If so would it be worth trying to get Bad Juju instead of the VP trinket?

Thanks for any help
-Óak

Exalted

Re: Rune of Reorigination LFR version

Postby aggixx » Thu May 16, 2013 11:29 pm

óak wrote:Is this likely to be superior to the RoR Proc of about 180% Mastery that I'm currently getting, obviously the proc only lasts 10 seconds and I'm finding with the LFR version at least, the proc is not that common. I'm sure this would be no contest with the normal version of RoR, but I'm not completely convinced LFR RoR is worth using when the proc rate is so infrequent and the amount of passive Mastery I could gain if I went back to reforging to Mastery is so significant.

The difference between a lower and higher item level RoR in terms how many procs you get probably isn't is significant as you'd think. The normal mode version procs about 20% more often than LFR (assuming I did my math correctly) which is probably not even big enough to notice considering how much of a variance there is in procs from pull to pull.

And according to SimC, any version of Rune should be better than any other trinket, but that's given you're reacting to the proc correctly of course.

Postby óak » Fri May 17, 2013 4:25 am

Hey Aggixx,

Thanks for the info, I will stick with it.

I assume I am utilising the trinket procs correctly? I track the trinket proc with TellMeWhen. Whenever it procs I spam rake (only rake, unless doing so will clip a stronger rake in which case It's Shred). I spam rake to 5 CP and I apply rip, after that I continue to spam rake, again only If not going to clip a stronger one. I tend to only be able to get off one Rip within the duration, but in theory if it were possible, wouldn't it be better to spam Rake, apply Rip ASAP and go back to spamming Rake, assuming you have 5 CP and enough energy to use another Rip before the end of the trinket proc, it would be worth refreshing it, even if it is only going to be as strong as the current Rip on the target, simply because you want as high duration on Rip as possible? I also try and get Thrash off within the duration of RoR assuming doing so wouldn't mean I couldn't get a 5 CP Rip off.

Cheers
-Óak

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Fri May 17, 2013 9:44 am

aggixx wrote:The difference between a lower and higher item level RoR in terms how many procs you get probably isn't is significant as you'd think. The normal mode version procs about 20% more often than LFR (assuming I did my math correctly) which is probably not even big enough to notice considering how much of a variance there is in procs from pull to pull.

And according to SimC, any version of Rune should be better than any other trinket, but that's given you're reacting to the proc correctly of course.

Equally important to the item level of your Rune is the average item level of the rest of your gear. The proc scales perfectly with your secondary stats, which means that the strength of the proc scales perfectly with your average item level. I'm assuming the trinket comparison was done at 535-541 average item level, which would inflate the value of Rune compared to a player in normal-mode gear.

My rough napkinmath at the start of the tier was indicating that at average item level ~520, the 522 Rune was only a slight gain over other 522 trinkets. This would suggest that the 502 Rune might not be worth using at normal-mode gear levels, though I haven't analyzed this case specifically.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri May 17, 2013 8:36 pm

I feel like I end up linking this in every thread but for 522 ilvl gear:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2989349/TrinketRank10.png
The top 17 or so pairs are basically the same.

You start seeing a much bigger gap at 535:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... eroic2.png

One of these days I'll do a Tforged one.

Actually, specific to your question, I guess a better ranking would be LFR Rune + all the other trinkets (non-LFR).

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sun May 19, 2013 1:33 pm

raffy wrote:I feel like I end up linking this in every thread but for 522 ilvl gear:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2989349/TrinketRank10.png
The top 17 or so pairs are basically the same.

You start seeing a much bigger gap at 535:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... eroic2.png

One of these days I'll do a Tforged one.

Actually, specific to your question, I guess a better ranking would be LFR Rune + all the other trinkets (non-LFR).

Wait, now some of this might be because they're all so close but...

All TF:
1) TF Rentaki + TF Juju @ 171.3k
2) TF Juju + TF Rune @ 171.0k
3) TF Rentaki + TF Rune @ 170.4k

but all Normal the rank changes:
1) Rune + Rentaki @ 168.9k
2) Rentaki + Juju @ 168.9k (50 dps difference; 'technically' outside the stdev)
3) Rune + Juju @ 168.5k

Gets even weirder when you start mixing, for example with TF rune Juju > Rentaki but with normal rune (and tf or normal other) Rentaki > Juju.

Does the 8 ilvls really make that big a change that the trinkets start to flip flop?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun May 19, 2013 5:27 pm

While the number of simulations done per trinket pair causes my list to be stable (there are no trinket ilvl's out of order), it was not large enough to differentiate such tiny DPS differences.

Some of the issue is that the DPS distributions are not normal:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... -Histo.png
(which is due to trinket alignment and variable combat time)

Good takeaways (at ilvl 522) are things like:
- Juju/Rune/Charm are all interchangeable.
- LFR Rune is the best LFR trinket
- Talisman blows, Terror blows, Bottle beats both.
- VP trinket is really good (as long as you aren't over the hit cap by a mile)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue May 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Thanks for the analysis raffy, and I hope to get around to addressing the gear scaling point in my trinket rankings sticky in the future.

Return to Kitty DPS