Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.
Exalted

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Postby aggixx » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:51 pm

It was at least DPS neutral at all gear levels that I tested, that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a notable DPS gain over shredding for everyone, though.

Postby Ridek » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:11 am

So no ideas on the keybind issue?

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:48 am

Ridek wrote:So no ideas on the keybind issue?

There's already an open ticket on the Ovale project website for this keybind issue. If you have more data that could help, then just add a comment to that ticket.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:15 am

Hey Jeshu, currently in the process of implementing the changes to the SimC APL as well as a couple minor things but I'm running into script crashes and it seems impossible to debug anything.

http://pastebin.com/SZEn5YMk

There's the script, it always stops working the first time you apply Rip.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:00 am

aggixx wrote:Hey Jeshu, currently in the process of implementing the changes to the SimC APL as well as a couple minor things but I'm running into script crashes and it seems impossible to debug anything.

http://pastebin.com/SZEn5YMk

There's the script, it always stops working the first time you apply Rip.

Eyeballing the script, it's possible that the parser is not able to deal with the extra set of curly braces around the condition on line 470. Instead of writing:
Code: Select all
unless {condition1 or condition2} action
try doing:
unless condition1 or condition2 { action }

There is a weakness in the current parser in dealing with curly braces. Ideally, they can be used liberally, but it's not actually true because of the way the script parser is constructed. I have an open ticket to rewrite the parser, but it's a low-priority given that what we have mostly works.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Negative, that was there before. Link to diff: http://diffchecker.com/pejo9lie

Postby Evabi » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:05 pm

I am currently using 5.2.19 of Ovale. Is there a version that works better with Leafkillers' script?

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:50 pm

@aggixx: I'll try to take a look tonight after my raid tonight, but under what conditions should I be testing? Is this with DoC? With or without RoR equipped?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:57 pm

DoC, I don't think it matters if you have RoR on or not but I was testing with it on. Should be pretty easy to replicate, I would just do my opener and it would "crash" everytime I applied rip.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:20 am

Line 411 has "BuffExpire" instead of "BuffExpires". I will add something to Ovale to catch functions that aren't defined at compile-time instead of waiting till run-time. The massive scrolling errors in chat ended when the Predatory Swiftness buff went away.

Postby kerplunk101 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:08 am

Quick question regarding the RoR and the script.

As soon as the rune procs, will the script automatically try and set up a DOC rip if possible? or a non DOC rip if there is no buff available?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:43 am

It should, yes.

@Jeshu: Thanks much, that was the issue.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:46 pm

As far as I can tell two new features must be implemented for me to accurately implement this "if rake hits harder than mangle" logic:
  • Support for abilities that scale off of weapon damage in the Damage() function.
  • Damage() taking into account the target's physical reduction from Armor if applicable. I could also do this via a custom function but it would be messy.
  • And additionally, being able to do something like SpellDamageBuff(SHRED isBleeding=1.2) would be a good idea but I don't plan to use Shred for damage calculations at the moment.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:11 am

Quick request, could you when Rake/Rip Ratios (forget what its called off hand) is checked on the cat config, could you create 2 empty boxes in the same place on the bear section so that it doesn't screw with the alignment?

Postby averter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 am

Regarding Rip/Rake ratios and their calculation with DoC.
Don't know if it's reported before or known but there seems to be a bug with DoC (and its stacks) damage multiplier calculation.
Added a following line to check current Rake damage
Spoiler: show
AddIcon help=RakeCurrent size=small mastery=2 checkboxon=cooldownsRatio
{
RakeTickDamage()
}

Lets say that current Rake tick damage is 21401. If DoC buff is activated (with 2 stacks) then current Rake damage will be 32101.5 (= 21401 *1.5). If only 1 stack is left the DoC damage multiplier is correct 26751.25 (= 21401 * 1.25).
So its seems Damage() and LastSpellEstimatedDamage() get a larger damage indicator (and ratio) with 2 DoC stacks then with only 1.
Using latest 5.2.33 version.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:43 pm

averter wrote:Regarding Rip/Rake ratios and their calculation with DoC.
Don't know if it's reported before or known but there seems to be a bug with DoC (and its stacks) damage multiplier calculation.
Added a following line to check current Rake damage
Spoiler: show
AddIcon help=RakeCurrent size=small mastery=2 checkboxon=cooldownsRatio
{
RakeTickDamage()
}

Lets say that current Rake tick damage is 21401. If DoC buff is activated (with 2 stacks) then current Rake damage will be 32101.5 (= 21401 *1.5). If only 1 stack is left the DoC damage multiplier is correct 26751.25 (= 21401 * 1.25).
So its seems Damage() and LastSpellEstimatedDamage() get a larger damage indicator (and ratio) with 2 DoC stacks then with only 1.
Using latest 5.2.33 version.

That was a good catch on this bug. It was introduced in 5.2.17 as part of some aura module changes, one of which assumed that damage multiplier buffs that stacked to more than 1 would stack in their effect. Clearly that was a bad assumption, and I've reverted that part of the change in 5.2.34. Apologies to any DoC kitties out there that were affected negatively by this bug.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Mon May 06, 2013 5:26 pm

aggixx wrote:As far as I can tell two new features must be implemented for me to accurately implement this "if rake hits harder than mangle" logic:
  • Support for abilities that scale off of weapon damage in the Damage() function.
  • Damage() taking into account the target's physical reduction from Armor if applicable. I could also do this via a custom function but it would be messy.
  • And additionally, being able to do something like SpellDamageBuff(SHRED isBleeding=1.2) would be a good idea but I don't plan to use Shred for damage calculations at the moment.

I am trying to figure out how to incorporate the damage reduction from armor. I don't have a way to query the armor of an arbitrary unit via the Blizzard API. At least for level 93 bosses (assuming they match Galleon's armor) we can hardcode a value of 24840 armor, but I assume that mob armor values depend on their level so it should be different for a level 92 mob.

Incorporating weapon DPS into the damage formulas is a bit frustrating since damage formulas vary so much, i.e., it's not always linear. I will try to find something that works in enough cases.

As for tagging spells that do additional damage against bleeding targets, I think I would just extend the language so you would do:
SpellDamageBuff(shred bleed=1.2)

where "bleed" is a built-in spell list that contains a list of bleed buffs, but could also be a user-defined SpellList.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon May 06, 2013 5:55 pm

88: 16250, 89: 17960, 90: 19680, 91: 21400, 92: 23115, 93: 24835

I believe there is (was?) a post by GC on the beta forums talking about mob armor in MoP, confirming the 24835 number. And I think in the past, these numbers were collected using Beast Lore on various mobs. I also recall there being a comment about armor being normalized in MoP (there aren't any outliers, instead if a boss takes less damage, it's due to some buff/debuff).

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Tue May 07, 2013 4:20 pm

raffy wrote:
88: 16250, 89: 17960, 90: 19680, 91: 21400, 92: 23115, 93: 24835

I believe there is (was?) a post by GC on the beta forums talking about mob armor in MoP, confirming the 24835 number. And I think in the past, these numbers were collected using Beast Lore on various mobs. I also recall there being a comment about armor being normalized in MoP (there aren't any outliers, instead if a boss takes less damage, it's due to some buff/debuff).

What is your source for these mob armor numbers? Can you provide a link?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue May 07, 2013 5:25 pm

It's probably not a direct quote, but the original source is a blue post from GC during MoP beta. Not possible to provide a link since all those threads are gone now.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Tue May 07, 2013 7:56 pm

I havent been raiding a lot after aquiring RoRo recently, but it looks to me the dmg/mastery calc composition for rip is not fully working/as intended during RoRo.
For rake it looks fine. I did clean ovale/script install right now, gonna test wed raid more extensivly.

Postby Animas » Fri May 17, 2013 5:22 am

First of all, wonderfull job youre doing maintaining this script. Cheers :)

As for my question. As a 90% time guardian, os kittie I find it abit distracting to have ovale on for bear.
So is it possible to have ovale load for cat, but not for bear?

From what I seen loading should be script related, so if this is wrong place to ask this, im sorry in advance.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri May 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Sorcerer wrote:I havent been raiding a lot after aquiring RoRo recently, but it looks to me the dmg/mastery calc composition for rip is not fully working/as intended during RoRo.
For rake it looks fine. I did clean ovale/script install right now, gonna test wed raid more extensivly.

I have been seeing this for a while as well (passed it on to Aggixx as well). The issue is Ovale doesn't seem to notice the Mastery change when Rune proc's. I pretty much depend on looking at Drood Focus for the ratio when choosing to refresh Rip. I think Rake seems to work just because of how short the dot is, but still suffers from the same issue as Rip.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue May 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Animas wrote:So is it possible to have ovale load for cat, but not for bear?

Type /ovale code and click copy to custom script. Scroll to the bottom and remove any chunk of code that starts with "AddIcon" and says "mastery=3".

On rune: Still need to take an in-depth look at it.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Wed May 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:The issue is Ovale doesn't seem to notice the Mastery change when Rune proc's.

Do the player stats change on the in-game character sheet when RoR procs?

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS