Register

Leafkiller's 4.1 Feral Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.
Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:45 pm

The scripts are reflecting how Synapse Springs is modeled in the Mew simulator code. It is possible that it is not modeled correctly. Can you post what you have seen on the EJB Mew thread? I don't know if any of the Mew developers are actively reading this forum.

Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:47 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Beanna » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:11 pm

I have reported my question in the EJ Mew thread. I hope that Tangedyn could help me!
I dare not change my profession as Mew does not confirm to me that's a good decision. I'm not sure about my estimates on Synapse Springs. :?

Revered
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby ShmooDude » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:42 pm

Beanna wrote:About Synapse Springs, I was wondering why Mew shows them as being under any +80 agi from other professions?
I mean, this great activated +480 agi mini-trinket timed with TF to refresh our dots for full duration with a big AP boost and which produces a big energy pool to get the most out of it should be better than other professions, I am right?

Yawning's script and Leafkiller's script both say that engineering is about a ~50 DPS loss on my toon and I don't find any reason to explain this DPS drop.
I correctly reduced my agility by 80 when swapping my professions on Mew.


Hrm, last time I did it Synapse Springs came up on top.

Doing it from my last save file (a little old on gear but results should be similar)
Synapse Springs DPS: 22499.92761 +/- 10.3721
Any 80 Agi profession DPS: 22400.79771 +/- 10.37057

So Synapse Springs comes out ahead by almost 100 DPS. This is with the default script btw.

I do however, use fairly non-default settings.

Glyphs: Rip, Shred, Berserk
Talents: All but Primal Madness
2 and 4pT11
Buffs: All but Tricks, Unholy Frenzy, and Dark Intent
Model Param:
300 Duration, 20% BitW
10,000 Iterations (100k if doing relative stat values for Pawn)
10% Encounter Duration Randomization (EVERYONE NEEDS THIS ON!!! if you don't your sims will be inaccurate for relative stat values especially relative to haste and anything to do with timers/procs)
No Ravage
Checkboxes all ON. (High Resolution timer being the most important one that might change the results).

So I've now updated my stats:

Synapse Springs DPS: 22776.70374 +/- 10.63804
Any 80 Agi DPS: 22681.10131 +/- 10.54833

About 100 DPS down again.

Probably something to do with your settings.

Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Frankencarey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:06 pm

I am having a difficulty in installing your script. It did not replace the complete code so I had 8 icons showing, 2 long term, 2 short term, 3 empty and another short term. I fixed that by laboriously deleting the remaining script after yours line my line. Then went to practice dummies and I only have one icon now and its short term. Then I went to Tol Borad and Ovale disappeared, after rebooting, finally got it back with One icon, Any suggestions as to how to make a clean install of your script. It seems to give me a little more dps than Phlebotomiser, which worked well out of the box as they say.,I would really like to try Ovale in depth, dungeons raids etc but I am afraid the install may be flawed. Thanks for any suggestions

Revered
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby ShmooDude » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Frankencarey wrote:I am having a difficulty in installing your script. It did not replace the complete code so I had 8 icons showing, 2 long term, 2 short term, 3 empty and another short term. I fixed that by laboriously deleting the remaining script after yours line my line. Then went to practice dummies and I only have one icon now and its short term. Then I went to Tol Borad and Ovale disappeared, after rebooting, finally got it back with One icon, Any suggestions as to how to make a clean install of your script. It seems to give me a little more dps than Phlebotomiser, which worked well out of the box as they say.,I would really like to try Ovale in depth, dungeons raids etc but I am afraid the install may be flawed. Thanks for any suggestions


Hrm, it sounds like you didn't clear the old code before you installed the new code? I did that once and it defiantly looked funny.

When doing the code, do CTRL+A then Delete the previous code, THEN put in the new code.

If that's not it, then I dunno.

Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:47 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Beanna » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Thank you very much for you advices ShmooDude, you were right. I didn't ever toggled on these Checkboxes for my simulations and after trying your settings Synapse Springs appears to be a DPS increase for my toon. I am reassured. :)

User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby feralCat » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:38 pm

Added two additional configurable cooldown boxes to the right side of the display.


Thank you for this. Much appreciated.

Revered
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby ShmooDude » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:18 pm

I'd like to request a that the Thrash checkbox be added back in. Working on Nefarion heroic and we don't want any aoe damage going out that could hit the MC'd people.'

Thanks.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:27 pm

I tried so hard to keep things simplified...besides, sometimes it is fun to hit your partners in crime. Don't you ever want to pop a swipe on Cho'gall just for giggles?

I will add the thrash switch back in next time I rev the code. Anything else I should be thinking about changing?

As a side note, I built an updated Ovale warlock script this weekend using the most recent 4.06 simulationcraft priority lists. Ovale recently added support for distance checking using LibRangeCheck-2.0. This allowed me to include dynamic code for when a lock should cast ShadowFlame, and even a range meter in one of the Ovale boxes to tell them when they are in range for ShadowFlame to help them get positioned. It turned out really well :)

Honored
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:51 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Dabeasty » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:01 am

Where can we find your lock script? :)

Honored
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Mihir » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:25 am

Seeing as you managed to add checking for BitW, I guess it's possible to add checking for KotJ as well? Since that's also a talent usually not included in bear-specs.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:45 pm

Mihir wrote:Seeing as you managed to add checking for BitW, I guess it's possible to add checking for KotJ as well? Since that's also a talent usually not included in bear-specs.


Do you want to use enrage on cooldown as a bear if KoTJ is included in the bear spec? It would be easy to add a cooldown box that can track Enrage - showing when it is off of cooldown. I am a little hesitant to include that in a rotation since it does cause an increase in damage taken by 10%, although I could do so as a checkbox option.

Edit - just as I hit post, I realized you probably want this for when you are in bear spec/cat form - to change the behavior of the TF code. I can check for the existence of talent points and change the TF behavior. Since TF is still useful to cast even in bear spec, I would probably just change the code to not use up the energy pool prior to casting TF when KoTJ is not specced. Let me know if that is what you have in mind. It will be easy to add that in.

Second edit - I would also have to change the logic for casting TF to not wait for low energy. Since you can have 1-3 points in KoTJ, an optimal solution would be to count how many you have and adjust the TF conditionals and the energy pooling conditionals accordingly. Or, I could just assume you have all or none...

User avatar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:37 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Arthaei » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Guys my guild is currently working on Sinestra, and I started wondering if perhaps the Savage Roar glyph would be best for this particular fight due to the Essence of the Red buff in phase 3. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=87946

100% melee haste gives endless energy to the point where popping tiger's fury and berserk seem almost pointless, so I figure +5% extra damage on white attacks that are hitting a lot faster anyway would be a smart move. Anyone in a similar position thought about this?
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Honored
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Mihir » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:53 am

Leafkiller wrote:
Mihir wrote:Seeing as you managed to add checking for BitW, I guess it's possible to add checking for KotJ as well? Since that's also a talent usually not included in bear-specs.


Do you want to use enrage on cooldown as a bear if KoTJ is included in the bear spec? It would be easy to add a cooldown box that can track Enrage - showing when it is off of cooldown. I am a little hesitant to include that in a rotation since it does cause an increase in damage taken by 10%, although I could do so as a checkbox option.

Edit - just as I hit post, I realized you probably want this for when you are in bear spec/cat form - to change the behavior of the TF code. I can check for the existence of talent points and change the TF behavior. Since TF is still useful to cast even in bear spec, I would probably just change the code to not use up the energy pool prior to casting TF when KoTJ is not specced. Let me know if that is what you have in mind. It will be easy to add that in.

Second edit - I would also have to change the logic for casting TF to not wait for low energy. Since you can have 1-3 points in KoTJ, an optimal solution would be to count how many you have and adjust the TF conditionals and the energy pooling conditionals accordingly. Or, I could just assume you have all or none...

The idea was to have ovale not suggest getting rid of the energy pool when TF is about to come off cooldown, if TF is not gonna refill that energy pool yes :P

It's not a very major issue, just something that caught my attention when im dpsing something on a fight where i also tank, like nefarian or ascendant council.

Honored
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Mihir » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:57 am

Arthaei wrote:Guys my guild is currently working on Sinestra, and I started wondering if perhaps the Savage Roar glyph would be best for this particular fight due to the Essence of the Red buff in phase 3. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=87946

100% melee haste gives endless energy to the point where popping tiger's fury and berserk seem almost pointless, so I figure +5% extra damage on white attacks that are hitting a lot faster anyway would be a smart move. Anyone in a similar position thought about this?

Currently on sinestra myself as well and it makes a lot of sense yeah. SR isn't that far behind TF/Berserk to start with so it's quite likely it'll beat them while essence of the red is up. Downside is that it's gonna lower your dps in the other phases of the fight :(

User avatar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:37 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Arthaei » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Will stick with it for that fight then I guess. How do you fair without Primal Madness Mihir? Mew simulator shows me if I spec out of that for brutal impact it's a 111 dps loss :? I wish they'd redesign it. Hell I just wish they'd fix cats in general, so many things blatently wrong atm, quite depressing really.
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Revered
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby ShmooDude » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:50 pm

Mihir wrote:
Arthaei wrote:Guys my guild is currently working on Sinestra, and I started wondering if perhaps the Savage Roar glyph would be best for this particular fight due to the Essence of the Red buff in phase 3. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=87946

100% melee haste gives endless energy to the point where popping tiger's fury and berserk seem almost pointless, so I figure +5% extra damage on white attacks that are hitting a lot faster anyway would be a smart move. Anyone in a similar position thought about this?

Currently on sinestra myself as well and it makes a lot of sense yeah. SR isn't that far behind TF/Berserk to start with so it's quite likely it'll beat them while essence of the red is up. Downside is that it's gonna lower your dps in the other phases of the fight :(


Having not done that fight I"m just guessing but it does say it increases melee haste (and not melee attack speed like windfury totem for example) which is going to increase your energy regeneration in addition to attack speed. If you wanted to compare glyphs under those conditions (+100% haste) just add 12,813 haste rating (this isn't "technically" correct since its multiplicative with haste rating and not additive, but it should be close enough to see how it works) to mew and see what difference it makes with the glyphs.

Honored
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby felhoof » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:45 pm

While TF's energy is nice, the 15% boost in damage is the real winner. I'd imagine that alone makes it competitive with SR. If you're going to optimize for melee, make sure to get Unheeded Warning as well.

User avatar
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:37 pm
Location: Wales, UK

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Arthaei » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:20 pm

Urrm, I have absolutely no idea how to add 12,813 haste in mew Shmoodude, could anyone else give this a try? but yeah it'll be melee haste so, if all it does is increase our energy regen during that phase, I suppose TF glyph might be better for the physical damage boost, just have to remember to use it on cd as obviously Ovale wont be recommending to use it much with the insane amount of regen and our energy capping a lot.

@Mihir - Just thinking, with essence of the red, doesn't make sense to berserk during that, I guess blowing it beforehand on an add or maybe saving it for after the buff drops off later in p3 is the best bet?
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Revered
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby ShmooDude » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Arthaei wrote:Urrm, I have absolutely no idea how to add 12,813 haste in mew Shmoodude, could anyone else give this a try? but yeah it'll be melee haste so, if all it does is increase our energy regen during that phase, I suppose TF glyph might be better for the physical damage boost, just have to remember to use it on cd as obviously Ovale wont be recommending to use it much with the insane amount of regen and our energy capping a lot.

@Mihir - Just thinking, with essence of the red, doesn't make sense to berserk during that, I guess blowing it beforehand on an add or maybe saving it for after the buff drops off later in p3 is the best bet?


just add it to whatever current haste rating you have on your gear, like if you have 1000 haste rating (which is high for a cat but its a nice round number) instead of putting 1000 in the haste box, put 13813.

Honored
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Mihir » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:01 pm

After doing some proper tries in phase 3 of sinestra i can safely say that it's not worth switching away from TF or berserk, you can still get rid of energy pretty easily.

User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby feralCat » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:45 pm

What you said about your lock script got me thinking...The current version of your script shows the auto attack icon when out of melee range. Would it be possible for it to show the range instead? Or maybe some combination of the range and the feral charge icon when the range is appropriate for it (8-25 yds)?

Edit - Sorry, that might not be clear. I'm asking about the feral druid script, but my question was inspired by the lock script.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:34 pm

It already shows the feral charge icon when it is possible to FC. The range code is imprecise but it is possible to show different things at different ranges. What would you use this for?

I will post a copy of the warlock script in the general section if anyone wants to see what it looks like.

User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby feralCat » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:42 pm

Maybe I need to pay closer attention. I know that the leftmost small box watches the cool-down on FC: clock, dash (at 2 sec), then FC when up. I thought that was just the cool-down though? It's also tracking range?

My thinking was: It's time to run out. gogo. how far? is that far enough? yes? no. gogo. If I had something that clearly showed when I hit the 8 yard minimum, I could save time by not running out too far. It's pretty easy to tell with a practice dummy, but we rarely run raids on dummies anymore (the loot sucks). When the boss is moving and you're moving and there's stuff all over the ground and the raid leader is screaming at you in vent to rez, tranq, innerv, dps, tank, pull a rabbit out of your...hat, every little bit helps.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:02 am

The top leftmost button works as follows:

If FC is on cooldown it shows the countdown.

If FC will be off of cooldown in 2 seconds or less and you are out of FC range, it shows the dash icon. If you are in FC range, it will not show the dash icon.

If FC is off of cooldown and you are in FC range, it shows the FC icon.

I suppose I could try to differentiate between being too close and too far away to FC - but I would assume that players can figure that out for themselves. On fights with melee range FC, I watch that box very carefully and hit FC as soon as I can.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ShmooDude and 4 guests