Register

4 piece vs dps meta

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

4 piece vs dps meta

Postby Irufushi u » Thu May 23, 2013 11:19 am

Hello! As a tank transitioning to kitty, i have accumulated four cat tier pieces including the hat (equipped with a tank meta). I have the hat off jinrokh as well. How strong is the cat 4 piece bonus? Legendary dps meta would be more powerful, right? Thanks for your help and apologies for any auto correct weirdness, all fun sites are blocked from work so I'm stuck using a phone.

Honored

Re: 4 piece vs dps meta

Postby adianar » Thu May 23, 2013 11:28 am

I know that the 4pc was a pretty strong up for DPS as a whole. I believe it was quoted by Raffy or Aggixx as 6-7% dps increase. I don't have any comparison to the meta although I know that the meta is based around the RPPM methodology. As I recall, the more of those trinkets, enchants and other items, the increases also scale.

Sorry I have no specifics, but I believe both are key on our roadmap.

Adi

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu May 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Irufushi u wrote:Hello! As a tank transitioning to kitty, i have accumulated four cat tier pieces including the hat (equipped with a tank meta). I have the hat off jinrokh as well. How strong is the cat 4 piece bonus? Legendary dps meta would be more powerful, right? Thanks for your help and apologies for any auto correct weirdness, all fun sites are blocked from work so I'm stuck using a phone.

The 4p is going to give more damage then the Meta gem. However I am assuming that you intend to keep the tank meta in the cat helm (as its the tank offset). The current legendary meta makes up about 5-6% of my total damage. The normal DPS meta is a little less then this. Not having either one will hurt. Now I will say keep the 4p only because it makes your rotation much easier with lots of free combo points. Just know you should be going for the 4th piece so you can use the Jin'Roc helm with a dps meta.

Postby Irufushi u » Thu May 23, 2013 1:29 pm

Definitely, just need a cooperative iron qon. Thanks!

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu May 23, 2013 3:10 pm

What item level? Link your character!

Postby Irufushi u » Thu May 23, 2013 4:14 pm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... shi/simple

I look to be in tank gear but just imagine I have non - upgraded cat tier with the 522 shoulders from earlier in the instance and a normal renatakis reforged to mastery. I'll log out in cat gear tonight.

Edit: battle.net is crazy hard to navigate on a phone ><

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu May 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Ah, so you have 4/5 feral T15, but one of those is the helm.

So the question is: 4p bonus (with tank meta) vs 2p bonus (with 3/5 equipped and Lightning-Eye Hood with capacitive meta).

This would be a great Catus A vs B question, too bad I don't have this working in the public release. If you refresh your armory with your cat gear, I can give you an answer specific to your gear.

Using Tinderhoof's gear:
His Gear (4p) + No Meta: ~200K
His Gear (3p) + Hood w/Capac + Fusion Chest: ~205K

However, Tinder's ilvl is pretty high: the meta is significantly weaker at ~526 than it is at ~535.

Edit: wait, Tinder runs 5/5. I need to drop another piece.
Edit: fixed

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu May 23, 2013 5:45 pm

5/5? I only have 4p with the helm offset if that is what you meant.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu May 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:5/5? I only have 4p with the helm offset if that is what you meant.
Yeah, I assumed you were using 4/5, so I changed to offset helm, added Capactive meta, did a sim, but then realized it included (4p + meta) but I just wanted (only 2p bonus + meta).

Postby Irufushi u » Thu May 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Cat gear equipped armory updated. I have a thunderforged Lightning-Eye Hood with the dps meta in my bag. The only other trinket I have is a 496 arrowflight medallion. Could get vicious talisman next week, have a chance at loot past Durumu tonight.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Thu May 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Irufushi u wrote:Cat gear equipped armory updated. I have a thunderforged Lightning-Eye Hood with the dps meta in my bag. The only other trinket I have is a 496 arrowflight medallion. Could get vicious talisman next week, have a chance at loot past Durumu tonight.

Your Gear (4p) + No Meta: ~132K
Your Gear (3p) + Tforged Hood w/Capac: ~145K

Postby Irufushi u » Thu May 23, 2013 10:42 pm

Awesome, thanks. :)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri May 24, 2013 4:04 am

adianar wrote:I know that the 4pc was a pretty strong up for DPS as a whole. I believe it was quoted by Raffy or Aggixx as 6-7% dps increase. I don't have any comparison to the meta although I know that the meta is based around the RPPM methodology. As I recall, the more of those trinkets, enchants and other items, the increases also scale.

Sorry I have no specifics, but I believe both are key on our roadmap.

Adi

It's more in the neighborhood of 5% for both the 2p and 4p combined. 4p is around 2% if I remember correctly.

Postby Nige » Fri May 24, 2013 4:57 am

Hi Guys,

Hoping you might be able to help me out with a small query.

Its a little off topic but still along the same lines with regards to a 4 set.

I'm currently running 2 set T15 with other off set bits.

I've recently acquired 2 additional parts of T15 but its the LFR version . (Beggars can't be choosers :) )

My question is this :

Is it worth me dropping the offset parts 502+522 for the LFR parts 502+502 and will it be a DPS increase. (I Should also note that if i do go with the LFR T15 then i will upgrade both parts to 510 with VP).

My armory link is here : http : // eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Nige/advanced (Ive had to put spaces between the http : // parts as it flags this post as spam otherwise)

I've run some sims but seem to be getting conflicting results. (Im sure its just me being a tool ) and was hoping that someone with a little more experience might be able to help me out a little.

Thanks all

Nige.

Return to Kitty DPS