Register

Upgrading Rune of Re-origination with valor

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Upgrading Rune of Re-origination with valor

Postby Cynnea » Thu May 23, 2013 10:30 pm

Hello, I am new to the forums, and I just have a question about upgrading rune of re-origination with valor.

I currently have the LFR version of Rune, and I was just wondering if it was worth upgrading with valor points.

Is there a difference between a 502 version of Rune, and a 510 item level version?

I have some valor to spend, and I was just wondering if it was worth it. I will most likely upgrade it eventually anyways, but I was wondering if it was a priority or not, like my other trinket, for example.

Thanks.

Exalted

Re: Upgrading Rune of Re-origination with valor

Postby aggixx » Fri May 24, 2013 4:12 am

The item level of the Rune affects it's proc chance. The formula is as follows:
Code: Select all
RPPM = 0.92 * 1.1 * ( 1 / ( 1.15 ^ ( ( 528 - itemLevel ) / 15 ) ) )

So that puts 502 Rune at 0.794 RPPM, and 510 Rune at 0.856 RPPM, or about 8% more procs.

Is it worth upgrading? Probably. Trinkets are almost always the best thing to upgrade after your weapon so any decent trinket is a pretty safe bet, it is however very possible your other trinket could be a better upgrade (especially if it's a 522, like the VP trinket). You'd have to link your armory if you want specifics.

Postby Cynnea » Mon May 27, 2013 12:39 am

Here is my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... nea/simple

I run HotW for the passive and strong tranquility. I have some other 502 LFR trinkets (such as bad juju). In the near future, I may be able to get some more 522 gear (if i'm lucky), but I just started raiding 1 or 2 weeks ago, and the group i'm with plans to start ToT this tuesday.

I have 990 valor, and I don't mind using it for upgrades.

Anyways, if you think it's worth upgrading the LFR rune of re-origination, I could upgrade that.

Sometime in the near future, i'll make a post with some questions about feral, because there are some specific questions I have.

Thanks.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon May 27, 2013 3:05 am

I took the liberty of simming your character in Catus a handful of times and came up with this spreadsheet here. The negative values are the DPS you gained from items you've already upgraded and the positive values are the DPS you would gain from upgrading that item.

Also I noticed your reforges have a little room for improvement as far as tightening how up how close your secondaries together, check out the Catus sticky, it has an amazing tool for reforging with Rune of Re-Origination.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon May 27, 2013 4:56 am

That's a cool idea Aggixx. That ordering looks pretty good too. I could add a feature like that: you were permuting 1 upgrade at a time and then doing a sim? (or if it was upgraded, dropping it back to normal)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon May 27, 2013 5:36 am

Yeah I was actually going to suggest that! I think people would find that pretty useful ;)

Postby Felucia » Tue May 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks Aggixx!
Was wondering the same thing. I have the tf version of the normal trinket so upgraded it would be 536 and therefore even better than the hc version.
Which i will probably get in like 3-4 weeks earliest. IF it dropps.
So I guess I will upgrade.
Armory link just for reference:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/k ... u/advanced

Postby Cynnea » Tue May 28, 2013 10:33 pm

I actually just got the iLvl 522 version of Renataki's soul charm. Some of my gear has quite a bit of haste on it (I can reforge it),

but do you think it's worth using the renataki's (522 or 530) over the LFR Rune of Re-origination (502 or 510)?

Here is my armory again

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... nea/simple

I may have pvp gear on (trinkets / weapon / shoulder), but I try to make armory always show my pve gear.

Thanks.

Return to Kitty DPS