Register

Re-Origination

Face-rippin fun.

Re-Origination

Postby KevinDGAF » Mon May 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

Need someone to double check me if they have the time.. just picked up Re-Origination (522) off of a Mogu roll on Lei Shen.

Hooray?

I went ahead and re-gemmed and reforged using Catus. Catus did give me one "bad" recommendation by asking me to put +80 agi +120 stam into my shoulders for a +60 agi socket bonus.. would it not be more wise to put a +160 red gem instead and break the socket bonus?
Anyways, that's the only issue I found, but I thought I'd ask you guys about my Mast, Crit, Haste values and make sure they are maxed..

Mastery: 4843
Crit & Haste: 4842

I just jumped on a dummy and did 100k without MoTW.. but it seems like Rune does not proc very often. This scares me when I have to refresh a rip when my Runed-Rip is about to expire.. I've read other posts about Rune, but everything just seems so uncertain with other gear calculators determining that Rune is not good for me. (AskMrRobot, and Rawr).

What is your input on this guys?

KevinDGAF

Kel'Thuzad

Exalted

Re: Re-Origination

Postby aggixx » Mon May 27, 2013 9:07 pm

KevinDGAF wrote:I went ahead and re-gemmed and reforged using Catus. Catus did give me one "bad" recommendation by asking me to put +80 agi +120 stam into my shoulders for a +60 agi socket bonus.. would it not be more wise to put a +160 red gem instead and break the socket bonus?

Good catch! Yeah, if you're over the hit cap you don't want to match the socket bonuses on an item that has all blue sockets.

KevinDGAF wrote:I just jumped on a dummy and did 100k without MoTW.. but it seems like Rune does not proc very often. This scares me when I have to refresh a rip when my Runed-Rip is about to expire.. I've read other posts about Rune, but everything just seems so uncertain with other gear calculators determining that Rune is not good for me. (AskMrRobot, and Rawr).

What is your input on this guys?

You may be expecting it to proc are more often than it actually will, or it's also possible you just didn't hit the dummy long enough to get a good idea of the actual uptime (it can be rather RNG). With your gear and item level of rune you should be seeing an average uptime of about 19% (assuming you hit a target at least once every 10 seconds for the whole fight), or about 18% without the spell haste raid buff.

In raid encounter it's not unusual to see an actual uptime of +/- 5% of that value.

And nice set of reforges you got there :D

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon May 27, 2013 9:19 pm

KevinDGAF wrote:I went ahead and re-gemmed and reforged using Catus. Catus did give me one "bad" recommendation by asking me to put +80 agi +120 stam into my shoulders for a +60 agi socket bonus.. would it not be more wise to put a +160 red gem instead and break the socket bonus?
Good catch, I forgot to zero the Hit/Exp weights for Catus, so since it can (and tries) put Agi/Hit in that socket (80agi/160hit + 60agi) > (160agi) I don't try the Red gem. This will be fixed in v13. In the future, if you have Catus specific stuff, try to keep it in the Catus thread.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Tue May 28, 2013 8:59 pm

KevinDGAF wrote:but everything just seems so uncertain with other gear calculators determining that Rune is not good for me. (AskMrRobot, and Rawr).

Please don't use Rawr. As a long term lover of Rawr who still visits their forum daily I am sad to say that the feral module (and indeed most of the modules) were never fully updated for MOP. It really is not worth looking at at the moment - you would be better to just go by iLvl.

Honored

Postby teddabear » Thu May 30, 2013 3:14 pm

I believe the trinket sims I saw were with BIS gear. I don't think RoR would scale linearly since it is scaling off 2 stats. It would be educational to see a comparison of JuJu + Rentaki vs JuJu + RoR at BIS and 502 item levels.

Return to Kitty DPS