Register

Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Edgy/Raffy's Official Catus Thread

Postby Cipher » Sun May 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Hmm posting links gets your posts eaten by the Netherrealm .... Or the Mods aren't the fastest :)

Never the less just posting it again without link.

Zephyrus V12 always fails to import with the Warning that 'Bracers of the Midnight Comet' can not be reforged Haste > Mastery. In V11 it worked.

Char: Zipher@Durotan/Eu

Postby Hinalover » Sun May 26, 2013 2:02 pm

This is a minor gripe but is it possible to move a few items around in the display/edit/compare screens. What I'm referring to is the wrist and hands are located after the feet line but before the ring lines. Is it possible to move those lines up between the chest and the waist lines?

Currently it goes
Head
Neck
Shoulder
Back
Chest
Waist
Legs
Feet
Wrist
Hand

Finger 1
Finger 2
Trinket 1
Trinket 2
MH
OH

Edit:
It appears the new V12 is not triggering the upgrade calc. the way I did this was I imported my character "Delritha Kil'Jaeden-US" where it has 8 "+8" notices but it doesn't show the correct values when compared to my armory (by about 150-200 stats per). I then went into edit mode where I turned off all of the "+8" and it did not change the value.

I remember during the first 5.3 release you converted all of the "+8" to an id code, but that does not appear to be happening right now.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun May 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Feychan wrote:Since the new Beta version the imported Stats seem buggy(or did I miss smth?). On most stats there are like 100-200 ratings missing.

Cipher wrote:Zephyrus V12 always fails to import with the Warning that 'Bracers of the Midnight Comet' can not be reforged Haste > Mastery. In V11 it worked. Char: Zipher@Durotan/Eu

Hinalover wrote:It appears the new V12 is not triggering the upgrade calc. the way I did this was I imported my character "Delritha Kil'Jaeden-US" where it has 8 "+8" notices but it doesn't show the correct values when compared to my armory (by about 150-200 stats per). I then went into edit mode where I turned off all of the "+8" and it did not change the value.

I remember during the first 5.3 release you converted all of the "+8" to an id code, but that does not appear to be happening right now.
I'm not seeing any of these issues on my end using v12. Try clicking "Reveal Cache" and then just deleting that folder and restarting Zephyrus.

Feychan you're currently reforged with: Hit: 2722, Expertise: 2540, Mastery: 9159, Haste: 8295, Crit: 9149 (really low haste)

All of your armory's and stat sums check out. If I change an item upgrade in the CompactGear it properly changes the stats.

Give me specific numbers and/or examples.

Edit: I moved the Wrist/Hands below Chest.
Edit: did any of you guys use the first v12 beta, where it bugged out on launch?
Edit: I could give my Taint thing a test and try seeing if that can fix your issues without you manually clearing your caches.

Postby jhemme » Sun May 26, 2013 4:04 pm

Hello all, i have a problem and i don't know how can i resolve it...
I tried to deleter cache and nothing..

Can you help me?
Help.jpg
Help.jpg (203.02 KiB) Viewed 911 times

Postby Cipher » Sun May 26, 2013 4:09 pm

raffy wrote: Try clicking "Reveal Cache" and then just deleting that folder and restarting Zephyrus.

Was the first thing I've expexted to be the problem and already deleted it and restarted Zephyrus. But the problem stays.

raffy wrote:Edit: did any of you guys use the first v12 beta, where it bugged out on launch?

No. Started testing it when it got released on post 1.

Maybe I should mention that I also haven't taken over the cache from V11 and started with V12 clean.

If I can give you any more information to help with the problem just tell me what's needed.

The exact error which occures:

Error wrote:An unexpected error occured importing Zipher@durotan/EU
Bracers of the Midnight Comet cannot be reforged as Haste > Mastery

Postby Hinalover » Sun May 26, 2013 4:33 pm

I don't know what to say. I deleted the cache folder, as well as re-download the file from Page 1 and this is what I'm seeing. I loaded up my character on the right with just the stat values and as you can see they don't match up with what Zephyrus is saying I should have.

Postby Feychan » Sun May 26, 2013 4:45 pm

I could reproduce the same as Hinalover. Deleting all my Upgrades in the Editor didn't change anything on the imported stats.
Nevertheless it is like Cipher said: Cache deleted and didn't use the crashing client (at least it wasn't crashing for me).

Edit: Older versions, like the former Beta read the ratings perfectly.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun May 26, 2013 5:26 pm

OK, thanks for all the reports. I love screenshots because then I can see exactly what's going on. I think it's Windows related, as everything works fine for me on my Mac. Yep confirmed, moving the "raffy" data over to Dropbox broke my parser somehow. I'll put up v13 ASAP.

Edit: doesn't seem parser related. If I clear my own cache, it's all fucked.
Edit: found it, try restarting Zephyrus, lets see if this new feature works.
Edit: my dropbox was getting cluttered so I moved all my catus junk into a "catus_data" folder and forgot to move my copy of "sc_item_data.inc" which has all of the stat allocation data (which lets me compute upgrades.)

Edit: looks like Blizzard did something stupid with the Capacitive meta again, I guess I have to release v13 anyway to fix the "Crit Rating" issue. Released v13.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun May 26, 2013 5:46 pm

jhemme wrote:Hello all, i have a problem and i don't know how can i resolve it...

Can you help me?
Help.jpg

Sorry about this. Easiest fix: try with v13. Let me know if your still having issues.

Postby Cipher » Sun May 26, 2013 6:19 pm

V13 works perfectly. Thanks alot and keep up the good work :mrgreen:

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun May 26, 2013 6:33 pm

raffy wrote:It is slowish: that took 3 minutes on my 8core i7. With prevent on mastery, it takes 15 sec.

Slower than that since my computer isn't an 8 core i7 (OC'd quad-core i5), but yeah sounds about right.

raffy wrote:If both reforgers could do their work in a few seconds, making a zillion gear profiles and auto-reforging them (like I do for the Trinket Pair ranks) would only take a few minutes. Then, custom Trinket Pair Ranks could be just another feature in Catus.

Yeah that's the only reason I mentioned it really. If I had to wait 30 seconds to get a very good reforging result for a profile, that's cool. But if it can be reduced to a couple seconds that opens the door to easy creation of large amounts of profiles for comparison.

Postby jhemme » Sun May 26, 2013 6:36 pm

raffy wrote:
jhemme wrote:Hello all, i have a problem and i don't know how can i resolve it...

Can you help me?
Help.jpg

Sorry about this. Easiest fix: try with v13. Let me know if your still having issues.

Thanks a lot but, still having issues wit v13 :/ Doesn't work and same error :/

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun May 26, 2013 6:44 pm

jhemme wrote:Thanks a lot but, still having issues wit v13 :/ Doesn't work and same error :/
OK, I am trying the settings exactly as you have them, starting from a fresh Cache. FYI, "Range: 200" is probably unnecessary for your gear, you can tighten it. Your settings cause there to be 15533381736569760 (1.5e16) possible permutations which makes it slowish (took ~2 minutes). I am not getting this error, I'll try it on my Windows box.
Edit: OK, I get this error on Windows.
Edit: ah found it, cool, your missing a gem, and I was trying to check what color it was during the minimization.
Edit: try https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... stBeta.zip

I'm still not happy with the gem minimization: there are corner cases where I can't find the minimal solution with my current approach. This occasionally happens if you're using Expertise/Secondary oranges; it is also caused by certain socket color combinations. Basically, you might have thousands of different ways of gemming exactly the same result. I choose the one, that from a piece-by-piece analysis, results in the smallest number of changed gems, but once I have gems picked for each piece of gear, I can shuffle the gems around again (between items this time) for another level of minimization. Occasionally there are ties, like: your original gems are A+B, and I have 2 solutions that produce the same result A+C or D+B. Relative to A+B, both of these result in +1 gem change: B->C or A->D. But I'm forced to just pick one. Then later, when I shuffle gems between items, I find out that I should of picked A+C rather than B+D, but it's too late.

For the mean time, I've turned off the random optimization step (for the next update, v14) which should keep everything consistent. So as long as you use Zephyrus to reforge/gem, it should be able to minimize properly (I think.)

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:50 pm

Catus V11

Import Armory error again.

http://tinyurl.com/coa27l3
01.jpg
01.jpg (193.14 KiB) Viewed 852 times

And Catus11-NoArmoryValidate import the wrong stats.

Upgrade do not working.
02.jpg
02.jpg (190.51 KiB) Viewed 852 times

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon May 27, 2013 12:19 am

Sorry, I broke this, I moved the location of the Item data on my dropbox in an attempt to clean it up.
Find the "sc_item_data.inc" inside your Cache folder and delete it or download Catus v12.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:52 am

Great v12

Thanks raffy.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon May 27, 2013 1:17 am

scorpio0920 wrote:Great v12

Thanks raffy.
Ya, too bad I (and Blizzard) keep breaking stuff. Eventually this stuff will be more stable. I think the reforger is pretty solid now, maybe a few more tweaks, but I want to spend my free time working on Catus (I'm busy cleaning up the simulator.)

Edit: added gem borders to Catus, looks kinda cool :p
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... orders.png

Postby Mvp » Mon May 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Hey, I tried v13 but I'm getting a null pointer exception. Only change that I've made is the legendary cape.

Edit: It imports the data but when I try reforge it gives the error

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon May 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Mvp wrote:Hey, I tried v13 but I'm getting a null pointer exception. Only change that I've made is the legendary cape.

My guess: you have an unsocketed item?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/298 ... stBeta.zip
I didn't update the official release yet because I didn't get confirmation that this fixed the issue.

Postby Mvp » Mon May 27, 2013 4:23 pm

raffy wrote:
Mvp wrote:Hey, I tried v13 but I'm getting a null pointer exception. Only change that I've made is the legendary cape.

I didn't update the official release yet because I didn't get confirmation that this fixed the issue.

Yep that did the trick. I figured the addon would change the gem anyway so I didn't bother haha. Thanks again, awesome work.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Mon May 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Mvp wrote:
raffy wrote:

Yep that did the trick. I figured the addon would change the gem anyway so I didn't bother haha. Thanks again, awesome work.
Cool. The v13 always has gem/enchant minimization turned on (although it's only partial if you do a "Reforge", it's complete if you do "Minimize Cost") but it had a bug where it tries to test the color of your old gems (which fails if you have an empty socket.) Thanks for confirmation that this works, I'll update the official release in a bit.

Postby kittenmittns » Tue May 28, 2013 10:19 pm

Hey, question regarding catus v12. I'm trying to reforge/regem and I can't get the exact values catus says I should have. I'm also noticing that the cloak slot doesn't show up on my export but I don't think that's the problem. Crit is spot on but my mastery is over and my haste is under.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... tns/simple

I feel like I'm being blind and missing something obvious but I really can't see where the problem is lol.

Don't normally do this kind of stuff so I'm kinda lost at this point. Any help is appreciated. And thanks so much Raffy for developing this! You're awesome.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue May 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Thanks for the screenshot. You have [x] Change gems enabled so it's going to change your gems too. Your current armory has different gems than what's listed in that pic. You can figure out the list of changes by opening up "Gear Compare" and hitting "Compare to: Armory".

If you have any Enchant or Change Gems selected, I'd recommend hitting "Minimize Cost" after you've selected a combination of Hit/Exp/Mastery/Haste/Crit that you like from the normal reforging process. "Minimize Cost" will find other ways of getting very similar stats, that retain as many of your current enchants/gems as possible. You don't have to take the first recommendation either, you can scroll through the list looking for an arrangement that requires the least amount of changes.

Personally, I usually leave Enchants/Gems unchecked and only enable them when I don't like the reforging.

For the future, I need to make a tutorial for this process as I've had these types of questions before. I tried to put some information in the tooltips, but it's incomplete and probably a shitty place to put advice.

The Catus interface is a bit more complex than Zephyrus, so not all of the features are local to the reforging section (like the Compare feature is buried under Gear Compare). I'll try to iron out more of this stuff as I continue iterating on it.

Oh, and you also don't seem to have an Eye of the Black Prince socket in your weapon. For Catus, "paper doll mode" basically assumes that you have that extra socket. I have a solution for this (a zero-stat placeholder gem to fill the socket) but it is not selectable in the current Catus (so you will always be +1 Red gem.) I don't have Catus in-front of me, but if you re-import your character, there should be a red-warning in the Gear section saying "Warning: 1 empty socket."

Postby kittenmittns » Wed May 29, 2013 1:11 am

Thanks for the response! Yeah I seem to have missed 1 gem, but I think I'll just switch both orange gems to haste and probably call it even until the weekend when I have more time to number crunch. First raid with the Rune tonight and it was awesome with this setup.

Postby Varn » Wed May 29, 2013 1:29 am

Trying this for the very first time tonight - downloaded Catus v12.
Froze on "Setting up Blizzard API - Downloading Item Data ..." progress bar for over 4 hours.
No new files were created; the entire contents of the C:\Catus directory were Catus.jar, .DS_Store, and Readme.txt.
No cache folder was created. Suffix.txt is nowhere on my system, nor is any relevant-looking .inc, .json, or any folder named cache.

Tried running from the command line - immediately got the following error:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Evan Brott>cd c:\Catus

c:\Catus>java.jar catus.jar
'java.jar' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

c:\Catus>java -jar catus.jar
Exception in thread "Thread-2" catus.API$Err: Unable to load Item Data
at catus.API.loadExternalData(API.java:257)
at catus.CatusFrame$1.run(CatusFrame.java:99)
at catus.BootFrame$4.run(BootFrame.java:106)

I am running Windows7. And although I downloaded the JRE you linked me, java -version returns:

c:\Catus>java -version
java version "1.7.0_05"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_05-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.1-b03, mixed mode)

Any ideas?

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS