Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed May 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Master and Crit change on the character sheet. I have not looked at Haste but I assume it does.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed May 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Yes.

Postby Moonspring » Sun May 26, 2013 4:09 pm

After the rune proc is gone, should I clip a Rune buffed (and/or DoC and/or TF buffed) rake before the last tick (between 0-3 secs)? Or should I reapply rake right after the last tick? The script recommends clipping before the last tick. Won't this will result in ~50k dmg loss from that last tick for every rune proc?

This applies to non-Rune buffed rakes too actually. Even if it's only 15% more powerful, shouldn't we wait till right after the last tick to reapply rake? A few milliseconds will be wasted but the extra dmg from the last buffed dot tick more than make up for it?

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun May 26, 2013 6:10 pm

When you clip a Rip, you get a new Rip, with the same time alignment (every 2 sec) but with 1 extra tick (9). If you don't clip a Rip, you get a new alignment at the time you applied the Rip + client/server lag (8).

If you let Rip fall off, with really good reflexes, you might get a new one up in ~250 ms.

If you're a robot, it's probably best to let a Rune'd Rip fall off and get a new one up immediately after. But the damage gain isn't worth it if you screw this process up even once.

Personally, I (almost) always clip my Rip. I let my Rip fall off if I've just recently had a lot of procs and I'm in a period of no procs (like I'll sit with 5 cps waiting for my energy to get to full) hoping for anything: Dancing Steel, Juju, Rune, etc... but I reapply immediately if nothing happens (and my latency is ~15ms.)

Postby Moonspring » Sun May 26, 2013 8:19 pm

I know clipping between the last and second last tick will not waste any dot ticks. For Rip it'll be slightly more complicated cause you might have to waste energy on 1 mangle/shred to prevent energy cap to achieve that. But for rake it's a lot simpler.

The reason for this is by clipping that last Rune'd tick off, u'll lose 40-70k (depending on whether Juju/DS/Doc/TF is up too) dmg for every Rune proc, which I think is well worth even 0.2-0.5s delay on Rake uptime (provided u don't cap energy).

At my current ilvl (521), with Rune procs, my mastery goes up to 30500 + 3000 (which is around 200% buffed Dots) compared to normal 6100 + 3000 mastery (73% buffed). 300% vs 173% (almost twice the dot dmg! - higher as ur gear gets better) -> In fact it's almost worth missing 1 whole unbuffed tick just to ensure the Rune'd tick goes off.

The Rune'd rakes are really worth wait falling off if they deal ~80-100% more dmg. This applies to Rips too if u can handle the complication. I might be wrong... Correct me if I am pls

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun May 26, 2013 9:51 pm

If you can minimize the downtime to a small amount of milliseconds, yes, it probably is a gain. Realistically you have to be smart about choosing when you can and can't achieve that.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun May 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Ok, so it seems that the inaccuracies people have been noticing is at least partially due to the fact that SpellDamageBuff() applies the damage multiplier to the ability x times, x being the stack count of the debuff.

So a relatively a low damage Rake, let's say 40,000 ticks, is applied with 2 stacks of DoC. The actual damage of the Rake is 50,000 but Ovale is expecting the Rake to do 62,500 damage. Same applies to Rip.

I was not able to replicate any incorrect damage calculations in the absence of the DoC buff.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Tue May 28, 2013 8:55 pm

aggixx wrote:Ok, so it seems that the inaccuracies people have been noticing is at least partially due to the fact that SpellDamageBuff() applies the damage multiplier to the ability x times, x being the stack count of the debuff.

So a relatively a low damage Rake, let's say 40,000 ticks, is applied with 2 stacks of DoC. The actual damage of the Rake is 50,000 but Ovale is expecting the Rake to do 62,500 damage. Same applies to Rip.

I was not able to replicate any incorrect damage calculations in the absence of the DoC buff.

I think this was fixed in Ovale 5.2.34. Is this still happening in the current Ovale?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed May 29, 2013 4:37 am

I assume you mean this was "fixed" a while ago? Because it's definitely not fixed in 5.3.0. Let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Jeshu wrote:
aggixx wrote:Ok, so it seems that the inaccuracies people have been noticing is at least partially due to the fact that SpellDamageBuff() applies the damage multiplier to the ability x times, x being the stack count of the debuff.

I think this was fixed in Ovale 5.2.34. Is this still happening in the current Ovale?

EDIT2: Is now fixed in 5.3.1

Postby exolaris » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:46 pm

I've been out of wow for a few months, so I don't know if the new tier has changed rotations (can't imagine it has). Should my Leafkiller Ovale script be recommending mangle over shred at almost all times? It throws a shred in occasionally, but pretty rarely. Frontal attacks is not checked in the settings.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:55 pm

exolaris wrote:I've been out of wow for a few months, so I don't know if the new tier has changed rotations (can't imagine it has). Should my Leafkiller Ovale script be recommending mangle over shred at almost all times? It throws a shred in occasionally, but pretty rarely. Frontal attacks is not checked in the settings.

Yes.

Back to retirement. Have fun everyone!

Postby Dewgy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:11 am

I was wondering if leafkiller was ever going to update his script so that it would suggest rakes while rune of re-origination is up as I always forget them. I prefer it over Neriens which does seem to do it but it just pops up way too many boxes for me and i get overwhelmed by it much easier to keep my eye on one ovale box thing. But I guess judging by the above post I shouldn't expect that to happen huh?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:30 am

PSST! Neriens IS Leafkillers script. Aggixx has been updating it for the last 6 months. It will Rake spam if its acutally a DPS up for a Rune proc. However just hitting Rake over and over isn't always the best way to do it. If the first Rake had a DoC charge or a TF its a bad thing to over write it with a weaker Rake. The script is what you want to be following.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:50 am

I think Tinder's a bit confused, Leafkiller's script still comes with the Nerien's Ovale Scripts addon, but is not the same thing as Nerien's feral script (that's Nerien's own version he maintains himself based directly off the SimC action list). The rest of what he said is true, the script does support what you're saying and spamming it blindly is inferior to what the script does. The direct damage is the same as the tick damage, so using it blindly over Mangle gets overshadowed by the extra damage from letting a strong Rake tick out it's full duration, in most cases.

Postby Dewgy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Ah alright I was worried I was losing dps because it usually asks me to mangle a lot. Thank you for correcting me I was just slightly confused when i tried them both out and realized one was asking me to rake a lot more during RoO then the other. I guess in the end they are both extremely similar overall dps in the end?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Nerien's script is a much more faithful translation of the SimC list where as Leafkiller's script is designed with usability in mind. They should yield similar DPS for the most part but in general Leafkiller's script will be more up to date.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:24 am

The new Nerien script has sure got a lot of Rake suggestions. I'm getting RSI!

Honored

Postby Andanas » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:26 am

Grenache wrote:The new Nerien script has sure got a lot of Rake suggestions. I'm getting RSI!
I've noticed this as well, although I'm using Leafkiller's script. I am using DroodFocus to track my bleeds,and I have the Dots power option turned on. I've left the threshold at it's default of 12%, and a lot of the rake suggestions are coming when the new rake would be better than my current dot, but less than the 12% threshold (grey bar/dot). It doesn't suggest rake if it would be less than what is up on the target at the time(red bar/dot). Is this the way it should be?

Postby Edeard » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:02 pm

Thought the new version was odd as well, I'm using the weak aura ratio's for rake/rip and as HoTW its telling me to rake even when the next rake would be the same as the current one, for example at one point with no procs it wanted to rake 5 times in a row till a finisher. almost as if its replaced mangle/shred as a filler. If the next rake would be less than the current only then does it tell me to use mangle. Ive only noticed this when playing hotw but DoC seems fine for me as far as i can tell.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:37 pm

Are people seeing this behavior exclusively during a Renataki's Soul Charm proc? That seems to be what I've noticed.

I'll try to figure out what's causing it today, worst case I can partially/fully revert to the previous version.

Honored

Postby Andanas » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:41 pm

aggixx wrote:Are people seeing this behavior exclusively during a Renataki's Soul Charm proc? That seems to be what I've noticed.

I'll try to figure out what's causing it today, worst case I can partially/fully revert to the previous version.
No, I don't have Renataki's Soul Charm.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Nor I

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:14 pm

I noticed this last night. I do have rentakis but i'm pretty sure I checked to see if the buff was up and it wasn't. Not 100% sure though.

Postby JTF195 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:10 pm

Ovale has been recommending a lot more 'rake spam' for me as well. I currently have Bad Juju and Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault.

Haven't really noticed what procs are active when it happens though. I'll have to check and report back.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS