Register

Got the Rune, what to roll on now?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Got the Rune, what to roll on now?

Postby cookie-reloaded » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:13 am

Hello dear fellow kittys,

so i got the rune last ID and yes its kinda different but simucraft said it gave me about 3k dps so im fine.

but what concerns me now is, that i dont really know what gear i should roll on in the future.
the ratio of 1/1/1+1 should be kept ofc, but i did not calculate this for every possible gearset, so im quite confused now

before that it was kind of obvious to me but now?

heres my armory
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... 9/advanced
guess i should get some t15 pieces since the setboni are not that bad, but overall?

just get the ones with the higher ilevel, say heroic pieces?

hope someone can give me a little insight about this

seeya

Honored

Re: Got the Rune, what to roll on now?

Postby Ekthelion » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:49 am

Hi,

Here is a great topic which should make your choices clear: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4555
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!

Honored

Postby Ekthelion » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:58 am

Hi,

There's a topic on the forum which you should find very helpful: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4555. Unfortunately if you want to optimize you gear for Rune, you will need to calculate the reforges/gems/enchants every time you get something new. I personally collect the gear from every bosses any given raid and just do the Catus magic after just because you can't simply replace an item without affecting the proc.

But yeah: I would definitely coin Jin'rokh for the trinket (8-10 stacked Blades with Rune proc, TF, DoC and I feel soooo good ;)) and the helmet, and Horidon for wep (fingers crossed for TFed - haven't gotten myself that:(). And the set pieces ofc.
Da Vuhdo iz wid'ya mon!

Postby Qualiti » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:26 pm

Ekthelion wrote:Hi,

There's a topic on the forum which you should find very helpful: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4555. Unfortunately if you want to optimize you gear for Rune, you will need to calculate the reforges/gems/enchants every time you get something new. I personally collect the gear from every bosses any given raid and just do the Catus magic after just because you can't simply replace an item without affecting the proc.

But yeah: I would definitely coin Jin'rokh for the trinket (8-10 stacked Blades with Rune proc, TF, DoC and I feel soooo good ;)) and the helmet, and Horidon for wep (fingers crossed for TFed - haven't gotten myself that:(). And the set pieces ofc.

Personally I think you would be better off with Bad JuJu in your 2nd slot, Hell if you needed the hit the valor trinket would even work well. Just because the instant 8800 agi, rune doesn't always proc at convenient times and I find it much easier to rip/rake with a juju/ror proc then I did waiting for optimal blade stacks. Maybe it's preference, but just my 2 cents.

Postby cookie-reloaded » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:57 am

well, the list is fine and all
but i bet its not optimized for the maximum RoR procc. and now that i was able to test the rune in a raid environment im quite hyped for this baby

i mean, the burst with this thing is intense and I "only" got around 24k mastery proccs with it.
Sure, I shouldn't just let everything revolve around the rune, but since I will keep it at least until there is new content I guess its the way to go.

the biggest Dps boost i can get now (and staying in the same iLvl range) will be the 2 and 4 piece bonus and i guess I'll roll with head shoulder hands and chest (or if im lucky the heroic pants) and try not to pick up anything with hit/exp anymore

after all it kinda comes down to this BiS equip strategy from the above thread i guess

btw. i hate how i have to spend a ton of gold after every raid to fix the procc :D

€: another thing that just came to my mind again is, when simmin' my lil kitty I feel like the "waiting" percentage is kinda high. its ~26% now (dropped from over 30%). am i energystarving too much? or is it just the simulation. since I dont really often feel energydry, except on adds etc

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:52 am

Ekthelion wrote:But yeah: I would definitely coin Jin'rokh for the trinket (8-10 stacked Blades with Rune proc, TF, DoC and I feel soooo good ;)

Those are what I like to call 'Big D### Bleeds'. And I grunt in mumble about it.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:39 pm

25-30% wait time doesn't sound unreasonable at all. You're not doing anything wrong, at least to cause that issue.

Postby Felucia » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Ekthelion wrote:
8-10 stacked Blades with Rune proc, TF, DoC and I feel soooo good ;)

Best feeling as feral this patch: 5 CP's, 10 stacks of Blades(hc tf),2 DoC's. Dancing steel up. then using TF and right before using rip Rune procs(for me its 32k mastery atm <3)

This feeling can only be elevated if you manage to get your rake through before anything fades.

Postby Bethany » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:06 am

I wish I would see a Rune drop. EVERY time they decide to drop I've not been in the raid. Already being one of the top melee in my raid makes me sad when I could be much higher :P

Postby cookie-reloaded » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:13 am

didn't want to open a new topic for that so:

i just played around with catus for da lulz and switched the rune to bad juju
(and obv changed reforges etc etc to mastery heavy followed by crit)

and oh look there, not much of a dps change (2k-ish)
done with the catus simulator and now im a bit unsure

would going back away from the rune ease up the rotation? i mean its not that hard to just spam rake when it proccs but i feel it sometimes just proccs in the worst of timings ever (you all know those 20% megeara head proccs or jikuns feed young is cast and you come back and the rune is at 2seconds till down :<) or you are just fucking energystarved when it happens and can pull of like 2 rakes

it just hurts i guess

ofc the juju proccs aswell but its still a 20sec proc and not 10

the gearlevel is 532 so i thought it actually should make a difference

any thoughts?

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:53 am

If you're careful, you shouldn't run into very many situations where you're energy starved when re-origination procs. Just try to use your finishers at high energy whenever it's convenient. Even if re-origination procs right after you use a finisher, as long as you have 70+ energy you can almost always still get a rip up.

Return to Kitty DPS