Register

Druid t16 set bonuses and 5.4 PTR changes

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Druid t16 set bonuses and 5.4 PTR changes

Postby Fortybones » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:08 pm

Item - Druid T16 Balance 2P Bonus (New) Arcane spells cast while in Lunar Eclipse will shoot a single Starfall bolt at the target. Nature spells cast while in a Solar Eclipse will shoot a single Sun bolt at the target.
Item - Druid T16 Balance 4P Bonus (New) Every time you enter Solar or Lunar Eclipse, the cooldown of Celestial Alignment is reduced by 3 sec.
Item - Druid T16 Feral 2P Bonus (New) Omen of Clarity increases damage of Shred, Mangle, and Ravage by 20% for 6 sec.
Item - Druid T16 Feral 4P Bonus (New) Tiger's Fury generates 5 combo points.

Item - Druid T16 Guardian 2P Bonus (New) When Barkskin fades, Savage Defense is automatically activated, and a 40 Rage Frenzied Regeneration is automatically cast.
Item - Druid T16 Guardian 4P Bonus (New) Activating Frenzied Regeneration and Savage Defense will cause a heal over time on yourself for 10% of your maximum health over 8 sec.
Item - Druid T16 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) Ironbark increases your critical chance by 20% for 12 sec.
Item - Druid T16 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, and Wild Growth critical heals have a chance to cause all cast time heals for the next 12 sec to cause a Living Seed on the target for 80% of the amount healed.

Of course the PTR notes were just put up, but what do you guys think? Tiger's Fury generating 5 combo points sure seems like a good source of wasted CPs, seems like we'd need something similar to rogue's Anticipation for it to work well.

Re: Druid t16 set bonuses (PTR)

Postby Bethany » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:19 pm

just gonna post here, not really a tier issue.. but looks like DoC is copping the nerfbat. Only benfitting Rip by 15%, no charges. Just your next Rip.

"Dream grants a benefit which varies by your combat specialization. Balance Increases healing from Healing Touch by 20% and casting Healing Touch increases the damage bonus of your next Eclipse by 10%. Feral Increases healing from Healing Touch by 20% and casting Healing Touch causes your next Rip to deal 15% additional damage. Guardian Increases healing from Healing Touch by 20% and your Mangle (Bear) critical strikes have a 20% chance to make your next Healing Touch or Rebirth instant, free, and castable in all forms. Restoration Increases Wrath damage by 20% and your Wrath spell causes a nearby ally to be healed for 100% of the damage done. Druid - LvL 90 Talent."

Honored

Postby baver » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Just going to say wow... how stupid can they be that they just make one more passiv talant that req no skill? we that dont want to play the "hard" spec already got a good talant for it so i dont realy see why they have to destroy it for others that might enjoy a challange for some more dps :/.

btw, guess 4set will be out of question later becouse that one realy suck :P

Exalted

Postby raffy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:35 pm

Those bonuses seem horrible.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Yes they do. RNG, and rotation disrupting at best. Just shitty.

Postby Fortybones » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Also looks like Nature's Swiftness is being made into a restoration only spell, which means if we still take DoC we will have to rely on predatory swiftness and rebirths will be a larger dps loss.

Nature's Swiftness When activated, your next Cyclone, Entangling Roots, Healing Touch, Hibernate, Nourish, Rebirth, or Regrowth becomes instant, free, and castable in all forms. The healing and duration of the spell is increased by 50%. Druid - Restoration Spec. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.

Postby Bethany » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:00 pm

not really sure what they are trying to do here.. give us a slight buff in 5.3 and then just throw us to the wolves in 5.4.

I guess raiding theme music may as well be The Rains of Castamere.

Site Admin

Re: Druid t16 set bonuses and 5.4 PTR changes

Postby Alaron » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Initial thoughts on early PTR notes:

- Nature's Swiftness is gone (becomes resto spec innate) replaced by Ysera's Gift, which is a passive 5% heal every 5s. Fits the typical mold; not as powerful as CW/Ren, but good for new players since you don't have to remember to use it.
- Innervate is tweaked and restricted to resto/balance. Shrug.
- DoC is now split by spec; for ferals, it grants +20% to HT and +15% to a Rip following a HT. That's...pretty crap, actually, compared to DoC's current +25% to next 2 abilities.
- Glyph of FB buffed to 2% heal per 10 energy consumed, which makes it more usable.
- Resto gets the new cool stuff; Wild Mushroom reduced to a single charge, a new spell called Genesis which accelerates all Rejuvs by 400%.

So as it currently stands, DoC is dead for feral unless there's something I'm missing. I won't comment on set bonuses yet; yeah, the 4p looks kinda weak, but it helps address the target switching issue, which is something.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:25 pm

DoC: The person who set the value to 15% is either completely clueless and really bad at setting placeholder values, or they're a total idiot, one of the two. At 15% it WILL be a completely dead talent for feral, not that I expect it to stay as it is for long.

2p: Total garbage. If it was a 20% passive buff to Shred/Mangle/Ravage then it would be pretty good. Having it as a buff that probably has like 20-30% uptime is insulting terrible.

4p: Awkward on just about everything but target switching, and even then you would have to switch fast enough so that you can start on the new target with 30 or less energy (or so). Eww.

TLDR: Both of the set bonuses and DoC change are total garbage. Waiting for version two.
Last edited by aggixx on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Arnathis » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:34 pm

Tired of this spec always feeling like the red headed step child of the class. When was the last time we had a cool, new, useful, spec-specific spell added? The last cool thing they did for us was domo's staff imo. Nothing has gotten me excited that I'm a feral since then. Unless our damage is topping meters there's very little reason to bring us for progression, everything we bring is covered by other classes/specs. With the 5.3 buff I finally feel like I'm competing with other melee again, usually 2nd only to the ww monk in my guild and now we get this nerf almost immediately. My only hope is that this doesn't go through and they realize these changes are awful. That, or the end of the legendary quest line gives us something that really benefits ferals and is able to make up the difference, plus some. They say they want to encourage more people to play the spec, then do nothing to help make that happen. Sorry for the QQ, it's been a long time coming though.

/rant

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:43 pm

What do you guys think would be enough to make DoC 5.4 up to par with 5.3 Doc if they do change the way it works?
40% to rip?
ImageImage

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:47 pm

The way they have it implemented only effecting Rip will make it impossible to tweek because it will become a PVP problem. By killing Rake from being buffed at all is really hurting us.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:48 pm

Cetlysm wrote:What do you guys think would be enough to make DoC 5.4 up to par with 5.3 Doc if they do change the way it works?
40% to rip?

Probably, because its no longer benefiting rake (which is the one we buff most consistently with the current model)

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:53 pm

rofl, I thought the last tier is supposed to be the good set. 5 CPs on TF, just, ew. The only time you would fully benefit from the TF and all of the combo points is if you used a finisher that brought you really low energy wise. Otherwise you will be trying to TF with a higher amount of energy when you have no combo points (wasting energy) or using it while somewhere in between and not gaining all of the CPs (wasting CPs). Awkward is probably the best word for it.

The change to DoC is disappointing. (regardless of balance)

Losing NS will suck balls. (not terrible, just annoying)

2P seems really underwhelming.

(edit: disregard this statement, wording on HotW changed but I don't think the healing increase is gone) HotW being changed now gives us no raid cooldown. Tranq in it's basic form is sooooooooo weak. That is laughable. Love these PvP changes that affect PvE.

My final edit: Obviously things won't stay this way and I'm sure plenty of it will be changed, but this initial attempt is just pathetic.
Last edited by Dysheki on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twitch - Now with dachshund cam! - Logs 'n stuff

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:09 am

So far 2 piece is meh. If they were going to give us an Omen buff then at least have it affect Trash as well since most of the time Omen procs it's used for a Trash or a Shred.

4 piece will help with target swaps but that's it. Could be an issue on single target fights like Jin'Rohk. I see more wasted energy more than anything.

DoC is broken as of right now but I would assume they will change it to include Rip/Trash as well or bump the damage increase up more to offset it.

NS going away will hurt DoC users more than HotW users.

The new talent replacing it doesn't look too bad IF it can be casted while in form. If it takes you out of form then it's useless.

Super Tranq going away for ferals really does hurt us even more.

Overall I see it as they are trying to make newer ferals more comfortable by basically making DoC rotation super simple and it seems as they are focused more on Ferals in 25 mans as taking away our Tranq really hurts 10 man ferals. I won't have an issue getting a raid spot as my guild knows that I am a good feral but I can see people having issues with recruiting a feral into a 10 man guild without being able to bring much.

Postby Angelofblood » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:41 am

Dysheki wrote:HotW being changed now gives us no raid cooldown. Tranq in it's basic form is sooooooooo weak. That is laughable. Love these PvP changes that affect PvE.

As far as i can tell they haven't nerfed the healing increase, they seem to have made it so that it's a healing increase for all specs to buff the talent for resto.

For the other changes, it seems like they're trying to make the skillcap lower, but the way they're doing it says "we don't know what the hell we're doing" .

Postby Mooninites » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:47 am

Is it any wonder why guilds don't want to bring ferals along?

unbelievable

Postby lamchopp » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:50 am

My biggest gripe is with the change to DoC now only buffing rip and by a reduction of 10%.

As mentioned before, it seems they want the talent to be used in a certain way to make feral easier to learn but I think, along with most ferals, that DoC is the spec that makes you feel "wow I've managed to work with this talent and now I can be rewarded with decent dps." Historically, this was a challenging spec to play and I like it that way, DoC adds to that in this regard. As to why it's being reduced to 15%, I'm not sure because ferals are competitive in dps and most certainly not the always-dominant except on niche fights (i.e. tortos). I'd like to see some sort of reasoning or change to this via blue post or whatnot.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:57 am

I cant say myself that the spec is hard after my recent post in "D'oh thread" when I stumbled across such but, anyway I'd take a chill pill with PTR changes for a while.

However, we have best class designers for sure* ;)

*Not, maybe the spec is still too overwhelming for them :P

Honored

Postby bearpelt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:02 am

lamchopp wrote:As mentioned before, it seems they want the talent to be used in a certain way to make feral easier to learn but I think, along with most ferals, that DoC is the spec that makes you feel "wow I've managed to work with this talent and now I can be rewarded with decent dps." Historically, this was a challenging spec to play and I like it that way, DoC adds to that in this regard.

This is my sentiment. I'm not at the level where I am skillful enough to use DoC on anything but a Patchwerk fight, but it's always been that goal to train for.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:15 am

I personally switch between DoC and HotW for different fights. If it's a fight that a lot of healing is needed in bursts(Horridon, Meg, Primordius, Qon, Lei Shen), I will usually run HotW and for easier fights I will run DoC.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:19 am

aggixx wrote:DoC: The person who set the value to 15% is either completely clueless and really bad at setting placeholder values, or they're a total idiot, one of the two. At 15% it WILL be a completely dead talent for feral, not that I expect it to stay as it is for long.

The nerf to the healing side of it is rather odd too. Its current bonus of 30% to healing touch/rejuv is already possibly the weakest of the tier 6 talents, and it's becoming even weaker.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:28 am

It like NS being moved to Resto only are PVP nerfs. The DoC change will likely not be buffed much also due to PVP. Really grumpy about PVP getting into my PVE again.

Honored

Postby Etapicx » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:46 am

They removed Tranq healing buff from HotW so i'm really sad now when we willl swap from DoC we have garbage to pick between.

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:54 am

It looks from the wording of the OFFICIAL post from Blizzard that they aren't changing the HotW healing buff for specs outside of Resto but it also now buffs Resto healing by 25% when activated.

Heart of the Wild when activated, now also provides a 25% bonus to healing for Restoration Druids.

The wording on the tooltip looks like odd but yea to me it looks like Ferals will still have their Tranq.

Next

Return to Kitty DPS