Register

Looking for some help

Face-rippin fun.

Looking for some help

Postby Stasho » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Hello all had a quick question. When looking over my logs, and the logs of ranked players, I was wonder why melee is my top damaging spell, and a lot of the other players top spells are Rake, Rip, then melee? Am i reforging wrong, or something else im missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if you see anything else that would help my numbers would love to hear it as I can only improve lol.

http:// us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Phillycat/advanced
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5 ... =160&e=382
***Fixed the links for you***
Last edited by Stasho on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Honored

Re: Looking for some help

Postby Elamari » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Just quickly before I go to work. I had a look at your armoury (not good with logs so that will be up to someone else). You have HotW over DoC. DoC is used to buff your bleeds. Since you don't have this talent, that /may/ be why other players have their bleeds doing a higher % of their attacks.

Everything else looks fine as far as I can tell. You are hit/exp capped, all gemmed and enchanted, correct glyphs talents etc... You don't have the legendary meta yet. That can boost your dps a bit.

You will have to wait for someone to look at your logs. Good luck! :)

~Elamari
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:23 pm

There's not a whole lot to help with if you don't provide any logs (the one he linked is of one of the "ranked players" he mentioned). Your gems enchants and reforges all look solid, although you'll get a tiny bit more out of using Mastery to Gloves instead of Strength (Strength just falls behind with more gear so it's not as good as it was last tier). Elamari is right that someone playing DoC will have a higher proportion of their damage as bleeds, but you should still have them as your top damage source as HotW as well.

The first thing that probably comes to anyone's mind when they hear your issue is that your bleed uptimes probably aren't as high as they could be, hard to give specific advice without logs though.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:27 pm

I wrote this whole review on the logs before realizing they weren't yours.

Gear wise you have 2 RPPM trinkets but your haste is super low. I would bring your haste up a few thousand to bring their proc rates up. Other then that post up some logs.

Postby Stasho » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Very sorry about that I was back and fourth on logs so....yeah. Fixed though. Thanks a bunch!

Honored

Postby Elamari » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:43 am

Tinderhoof wrote:Gear wise you have 2 RPPM trinkets but your haste is super low.

Is there a list of which trinkets are RRPM and which are not, or is it same to assume that all the trinkets released with Patch 5.2 are RRPM? Otherwise, is there a way to tell before hand if they are RRPM or not? Cheers.
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:32 am

Elamari wrote:Is there a list of which trinkets are RRPM and which are not, or is it same to assume that all the trinkets released with Patch 5.2 are RRPM? Otherwise, is there a way to tell before hand if they are RRPM or not? Cheers.

Every non-tank trinket that drops in Throne of Thunder is RPPM. Weapon enchantments and legendary meta gems are also RPPM. All other trinkets, including the 5.2 valor trinkets, are not RPPM.

Here's an old list I copied a few months ago. RPPM proc rates for str and agi trinkets were since buffed by 10% (and int/spi trinkets by 5%).
Spoiler: show
Agility DPS
- Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault – 15% chance on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 105 sec ICD.
- Renataki’s Soul Charm – 0.56 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD.
- Talisman of Bloodlust – 3.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
- Bad Juju – 0.50 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD. Voodoo Gnomes are mostly for flavor and deal ~200 damage before armor per hit.
- Rune of Re-Origination – 0.92 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD
- Proc rate multiplied by 0.1 for non-melee specs. Proc rate multiplied by 0.25 against player controlled units. Proc rate multiplied by 1/(1.15^((528-ItemLevel)/15) for the various Item Level versions of the trinket.

Strength DPS
- Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault - 15% chance on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 75 sec ICD.
- Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun - 0.56 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD.
- Primordius’ Talisman of Rage – 3.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
- Spark of Zandalar - 5.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
- Gaze of the Twins – 0.75*(1+MeleeCritChance) RealPPM on critical harmful abilities and spells, periodic spell, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.

Intellect DPS
- Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault – 15% chance on landing harmful spell. 45 sec ICD.
- Wushoolay’s Final Choice – 0.56 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful abilities and spells, and periodic spells. 22 sec ICD.
- Breath of the Hydra – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from periodic spell. No ICD.
- Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD. Proc rate multiplied by 0.00 for non-caster specs. Proc rate multiplied by 0.5 for Balance Druids. Proc rate multiplied by 0.25 against player controlled units. Proc rate multiplied by 1/(1.15^((528-ItemLevel)/15) for the various Item Level versions of the trinket.
- Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance – 0.77*(1+SpellCritChance) RealPPM on critical harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD.

Healer
- Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault – On Use, 180 sec CD.
- Horridon's Last Gasp – 1.00 RealPPM on heal from helpful spell and periodic spell while in combat. No ICD.
- Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn – 1.13 RealPPM on heal from helpful spell and periodic spell while in combat. 17 sec ICD.
- Stolen Relic of Zuldazar – 3.00 RealPPM on attempting helpful spell while in combat. No ICD. Use effect has a 20sec CD.
- Lightning-Imbued Chalice – 3.00 RealPPM on heal from helpful spell and periodic spell while in combat. No ICD.

Tank
- Steadfast Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault – On Use, 120 sec CD.
- Fortitude of the Zandalari – On Use, 120 sec CD.
- Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire – 4% chance on dodge melee ability or swing. No ICD.
- Ji-Kun's Rising Winds – 100% chance on taking damage from melee abilities or swings, that leaves you below 35% health. 30 sec ICD.
- Soul Barrier - On Use, 120 sec CD.

Honored

Postby Elamari » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Thanks Stenhaldi.

Question - What do the numbers in front of the RRPM mean e.g. Renataki’s Soul Charm – 0.56 RealPPM?

Also, since I have the meta + 1 RRPM trinket (not rune) + weapon enchant, should I be changing my stat priority from crit / mastery to favoring more haste due to RRPM? Also, what is the best way to find this out? Should I be running sims or something else? Thanks.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Elamari wrote:Question - What do the numbers in front of the RRPM mean e.g. Renataki’s Soul Charm – 0.56 RealPPM?

Here's the original post on RPPM. Essentially, that means you expect 0.56 procs per minute on average, before haste, but that's neglecting the ICD and the bad luck streak protection. The expected time between procs is actually something like

(max(0, ICD - 10 sec) + 1/((1+haste)*RPPM))*.8844

where
  • ICD is the internal cooldown; we use the term max(0, ICD - 10 sec) (instead of just ICD) because (per the linked post) the last 10 seconds, and only the last 10 seconds, of the ICD contribute toward the proc chance on the next attack after the ICD elapses.
  • haste is the largest of your "true" spell, ranged, or melee haste. For feral, spell haste should always be the largest (because the 10% attack speed buff isn't "true" haste, but the 5% spell haste buff is).
  • RPPM is the RPPM proc rate of the effect, e.g. the listed 0.56/minute for Renataki's (actually it's 0.616/minute, since it was buffed by 10%).
  • The 0.8844 factor comes from the bad luck streak prevention mechanic. The derivation of this precise factor takes some fairly tedious calculus, though I can show it if anyone wants to see it.

So for example, if you had 15% haste from haste rating and were looking for the proc rate of Renataki's, we would have ICD = 22 sec, RPPM = 0.616/minute = 1/(97.4 sec), and 1+haste = 1.15*1.05 = 1.2075 (the 1.05 comes from the spell haste buff). Then the expected proc interval would be

(22 sec - 10 sec + (97.4 sec)/1.2075)*0.8844 = 81.95 sec

so you'd expect 0.732 procs per minute in this scenario.

Postby Taraan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:52 am

Sorry for the random question but I felt posting it here rather than starting a new thread made more sense.

Is there a way to make a macro that heals focus target(tank) and if said focus is out of range, it heals the caster instead? At the moment I'm casting my PS HTs on myself and it's like 95% overhealing most of the time, so was just wondering if it's possible to make more use of the healing with a macro that's easy to use, instead of swapping focuses around if the tank goes out of range. I know it's unlikely that tank goes out of healing range but it is definately possible on some fights.

Return to Kitty DPS