Register

Another 'Help my DPS' thread.

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Another 'Help my DPS' thread.

Postby Qualiti » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:14 pm

One thing I noticed was on your council kill you dont use Thrash NEARLY enough, and my ferocious bites were almost 100k higher on average, DoC isnt enough to do that which leads me to my next question: Are you pooling 50 energy for each Ferocious bite?

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/51cda7a9 ... 109#damage
http://raidbots.com/comparebot/51cdc1c0 ... 104#damage <--- says we wiped but we didnt, kill was invalid for some reason.

I can see quite a few things you need to do differently. Your Iron Qon was fine but my rake was only 1 million less than yours and your attempt was quite a bit longer. I dont know if spamming rake during RoR proc's is working out for you. Our gear is very similar, I was at 538 during those, and I didn't have a heroic Ren.

on a side note Is that the same Krondormi who was in vodka during Vanilla and TBC? if it is let him know Quality says hi.

Honored

Postby bearpelt » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Qualiti wrote:One thing I noticed was on your council kill you dont use Thrash NEARLY enough, and my ferocious bites were almost 100k higher on average, DoC isnt enough to do that which leads me to my next question: Are you pooling 50 energy for each Ferocious bite?

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/51cdc1c0 ... 104#damage <--- says we wiped but we didnt, kill was invalid for some reason.

I can see quite a few things you need to do differently. Your Iron Qon was fine but my rake was only 1 million less than yours and your attempt was quite a bit longer. I dont know if spamming rake during RoR proc's is working out for you. Our gear is very similar, I was at 538 during those, and I didn't have a heroic Ren.

on a side note Is that the same Krondormi who was in vodka during Vanilla and TBC? if it is let him know Quality says hi.

I am missing pooling it quite a bit. : / Confession time: I am having some trouble tracking so many things at once. Practice, practice, practice (with some UI adjustments)!

The disparities between our numbers are pretty alarming, though I suppose understandable. I'm learning a lot of new things from you guys.

With what I can gather from Ovale, spamming Rake sparingly, refreshing Thrash but getting some fillers in to buff Rip while the proc is up seems to be the optimal priority. This bit I'm still trying to get down into muscle memory.

Yes, I believe that is him. Will pass the message along!

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:01 am

Did you turn on the Rip/Rake ratio boxes? If not, that might explain why ovale's recommendations seem so weird at times. Make sure you have those on. Using WeakAuras to show when your trinkets/weapons are procced will also remove some of the mystery and allow you to (occasionally) make better decisions than ovale. If you want mine, I can PM them to you (they'll look ugly in a forum post, lol).

Postby Qualiti » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:46 am

bearpelt wrote:
Qualiti wrote:One thing I noticed was on your council kill you dont use Thrash NEARLY enough, and my ferocious bites were almost 100k higher on average, DoC isnt enough to do that which leads me to my next question: Are you pooling 50 energy for each Ferocious bite?

I am missing pooling it quite a bit. : / Confession time: I am having some trouble tracking so many things at once. Practice, practice, practice (with some UI adjustments)!

The disparities between our numbers are pretty alarming, though I suppose understandable. I'm learning a lot of new things from you guys.

With what I can gather from Ovale, spamming Rake sparingly, refreshing Thrash but getting some fillers in to buff Rip while the proc is up seems to be the optimal priority. This bit I'm still trying to get down into muscle memory.

Yes, I believe that is him. Will pass the message along!

I use BadKitty to track my bleeds / SR / energy / combo points and Weakauras to track everything else.

For FB the rule of thumb is:
50 energy if no buffs
25 energy if berserk
25 energy if OoC
0-25 energy if both berserk and OoC
0-50 energy, 1-5 CP if boss is under 25% and I need to refresh rip for one reason or another.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:05 pm

To put what Qualiti said a little simpler, you always want to wait til 50 energy however OoC and Berserk both halve the amount of energy you have to wait (so just one is half, both is a quarter).

There are a couple situations where you wouldn't want to follow this rule and just FB as soon as possible like the one Qualiti gave at the end of their post. Another would be if you get to 5 CP and your Rake has around 3 or less seconds left, then you want to FB as soon as possible to so you can make sure to refresh Rake before it falls off, this way you don't waste a CP.

Honored

Postby bearpelt » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:35 pm

ShmooDude:
It's on. I just didn't understand the reason why Ovale was suggesting the things it was. Slowly getting the hang of it. I'm currently using NeedtoKnow the following (aside from my own debuffs on boss): Shado-Pan trink proc (Superluminal), Dancing Steel, Reorigination. Are there any other procs I should be aware of to track?

Qualiti:
Thank you for the really helpful guide :D

Aggixx
I've been more aware of these on-the-fly dilemmas now with a clearer understanding of our priority system. It's pretty okay smacking on a target dummy at the moment, but in raids it's crazy.

I've got no logs of significance to present at the moment (guild is working on progression atm so it's mostly wipes). Hopefully I'll be able to show something in the new raid lock with improvements after all the great help everyone's been so generously giving.

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS